Fictional Swiss Air Force Pack

CHSubZero

Fictional Swiss Air Force Pack

Skins are based on paint schemes of Mirage IIIS and Mirage IIIRS used by the Swiss Air Force from 1966 to 2003.

Release Notes

v9: Custom Roughness Metallic for early skins, R-2112 added, general overhaul of all skins

v8: R-2108 added, nose art for NORKA participation added on J-2335

v7: J-2335 added, specular layer of J-2303 changed, skins available for all countries, some minor fixes on all planes

v6: Tested with DCS 2.1

v5: R-2109 added

v4: description.lua updated for DCS 1.5.6

v3: metal look redone thanks to speckfire (J-2303), added missing and fixed existing labels (J-2303 & J-2306)

v2: J-2303 added, painted in the early metallic scheme used by fighter squadrons 16 & 17

v1: Initial release with J-2306, painted in the later used camouflage and used by fighter squadrons 3 & 16

Download

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1742378/

SwissMirage01.jpg

SwissMirage02.jpg

Edited by CHSubZero

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...
You are awesome! I've been waiting for fictional Swiss skins since I pre-ordered the M2000.

Nevermind :smilewink:

In release 1.1 I've planned to add a IIIRS green/grey camo version and another IIIS grey version. In later releases I'll add a metallic IIIS version as well :pilotfly:

Nice work ChSubZero, good to see!

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

If I'm not wrong, there's one (or more) 3DS with an eye on the bottom of the fuselage. Can we get this one too? :)

Mirage%20IIIRS%20BW.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't find a picture from the bottom :( But I'm sure you know what I mean :)

*EDIT

Can we get an F/A-18 Skin too, once it's released? <3 <3 <3

Edited by Coder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find me on stackexchange or GitHub

The next Swiss Mirage IIIS will be the J-2303 of 1988. In this time the Swiss Air Force used a variation of the default Dassault metallic skin.

Before making more progress with this skin I'm testing the SPEC layer for metal.

I think it looks not so bad, isn't it?

When I know how to do the SPEC layer I'll continue with finish the J-2303.

Edited by CHSubZero

• 2 weeks later...
1st post updated:

Metallic-skin finished and released.

I'm quite happy with the result

Yea, looks decent.

It's too bad we cannot swap material shaders in the description.lua, because that would prevent those wing panel lines from washing out so much when you adjust the reflection.

Nice work!

--gos

• 1 month later...

I thought before starting the work on the next 2 skins of this skin pack I'll first finish the current skins. And so is Version 1.2 released.

For both planes I fixed or added some labels and changed on the early metal skin the wrong size of the wing roundels. The early metal skin (known in Switzerland as "The Mirage's Silver Age") received a completely redone metalic look. Thanks to speckfire for helping me out on this (cheers from Switzerland to Canada).

Links and release notes as always on first post.

Screen_160417_230217.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...