Switch from 1.5 Open Beta to 1.5 Release

Wizard1393

I had a look in the other thread about DCS Updater. Can't get mind mind around it.

I currently have only DCSW 1.5 Open Beta installed.

What do I type to switch this install to DCSW 1.5 Release?

DCS_Updater.exe update @release does not work.

It just states I have the latest openbeta version.

Any help appreciated.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

You need to have a separate full release version, and update that. A Beta release will only update to the latest Beta, and an Alpha (Unless DCS decide to go down a different route with this) will only update to an Alpha.

The only alternative is to do a full install.

You need to have a separate full release version, and update that. A Beta release will only update to the latest Beta, and an Alpha (Unless DCS decide to go down a different route with this) will only update to an Alpha.

Ok :( Thanks!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

This is not entirely correct.

DCS_Updater.exe update @release

will work, if the version numbers for release and the installation you try to switch differ.

For 1.5.2 beta and release are identical, so no update happens. To me it feels this is a bug in the updater which should not only check version numbers but branches too.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• ED Team
Go to DCS and to the Downloads section and download and run the DCS World 1.5 installer. The file name is DCS_World_Web_Installer.exe. It will copy files from your existing Beta version then download any other required files from DCS.
Yes, exactly. It's the best and safety way.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

This is not entirely correct.

DCS_Updater.exe update @release

will work, if the version numbers for release and the installation you try to switch differ.

For 1.5.2 beta and release are identical, so no update happens. To me it feels this is a bug in the updater which should not only check version numbers but branches too.

That will update the Beta, but it won't change a Beta release to a final release will it? That is what the OP was asking to do. It will still be a Beta release, but just the latest iteration, which isn't the same as changing a Beta to a full release as far as I am aware.

Updating or Switching an Install Between "Open Beta" and "Release" Version Branches (1.2.8.):

In the Command Prompt Windows:

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <branch>:<version> (ie dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.7 )

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <branch>:<version.subversion> (ie dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.7.23803)

UPDATER VERSION 2.6.8.41 And Newer Use:

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <version>@Branch (ie DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.1@openbeta, DCS_updater.exe update 2.0.0@openalpha )

DCS_updater.exe update @release

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

DCS_updater.exe update @openalpha

Eligible Values are:

release | Switches and Updates to the Latest Release Build

openbeta | Switches and Updates to the Latest Open Beta Build

openalpha | Switches and Updates to the Latest Open Alpha Build

I used it a while ago to do the opposite (switching from release branch to beta branch) and it worked flawless.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I used it a while ago to do the opposite (switching from release branch to beta branch) and it worked flawless.

Its not really recommended.

The best option is to download release branch installers and let it copy files from the open beta to your release install 8nstead of downloading again, since they are the same version currently.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs