C-101 update

Vibora

Question:

Going off previous posts from other devs, there's been issues caused by moving from SFM to AFM which have resulted in rewrites of the systems code (and delays).

Is the system code seperate enough that it won't be an issue when you move, or are you coding it with the AFM framework in place?

Would be a shame to see you guys putting in all this effort in for the multicrew, only to face a rewrite in the (hopefully) near future.

In our internal AFM testing version, we have been integrating some aircraft systems already, what is noticeable when you switch the FM version is the engine integration with aircraft systems, That's still must be integrated.

What we are doing for multi-crew right now (doing all the air instruments, and reworking the whole nav system for the logic between front and rear cockpit), doesn't affect SFM or AFM.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 JuanOscar. Thx for the update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

attachment.php?attachmentid=147931&stc=1&d=1473455798

Hi everyone!

This past week we reached some interesting milestones.

- During a trip to Chile, crossing the Atlantic to the far side of the world, we couldn't let pass the chance to jump on a C-101CC in the Museo Nacional Aeronáutico y del Espacio - Santiago de Chile, in order to take videos and pictures from each possible angle. We would like to thank the Director of the museum and Staff for allowing the visit to the aircraft and opening front/rear cockpit for us.

- We are now taking advantage of all aerodynamic data available from C101 in order to keep working on AFM, which will hopefully give good results once they are fully implemented.

- We have been reestructuring all the livery folders to reduce the module size, deleting duplications, reducing our installation from 2Gb to 1.35Gb.

- We keep implementing systems on EB/CC rear cockpit, working on both cockpits integration, fixing some bugs and tuning some systems.

- Texturing work has started in our the new F1 model.

-------------------------------------

¡Hola a todos!

La semana pasada llegamos a algunos hitos interesantes.

- Durante un viaje a Chile, cruzando el Atlántico hasta el otro lado del mundo, no podíamos dejar pasar la oportunidad de saltar sobre un C-101CC en el Museo Nacional Aeronáutico y del Espacio - Santiago de Chile, a fin de tener vídeos e imágenes desde cada ángulo posible. Nos gustaría dar las gracias al director del museo y del personal por permitir la visita a la aeronave y abrirnos la cabina anterior/posterior para nosotros.

- Ahora estamos aprovechando todos los datos aerodinámicos disponibles del C101 con el fin de seguir trabajando en el AFM, que esperemos dé buenos resultados una vez que se implementen completamente.

- Hemos estado reestructurando todas las carpeta de libreas para reducir el tamaño general del módulo, eliminando las duplicidades. Hemos reducido la instalación de 2 GB a 1.35Gb.

- Seguimos con la implementación de sistemas de la cabina trasera en el EB/CC, trabajando en la integración de ambas cabinas, corrigiendo algunos problemas y ajustando algunos sistemas.

- El trabajo de texturizado se ha iniciado en nuestro nuevo modelo de F1.

zzC-101CChile.thumb.jpg.16731642af0bd406b4c580cb56444df2.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm from Chile ... I'm glad to know that you were able to see this aircraft up close and gather photographic material.

Even tough the C101 isnt finished, I've been flying it regularly ... I really like the attention to detail on the radios & navigation systems ... looking forward to your next versión :)

Cheers!

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for the update:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you for the update JuanOscar. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...

Not a big priority right now (as we have already the 3D model completed and released), but we will update the 3D model of C-101EB/CC, starting from the scratch. The reason? is simple, with all the time we have invested on this project, we want to care about each single detail. So we feel that we can provide a more detailed 3D model and updated to the new standards. In the same way we are revising and rewriting most of the systems in order to provide the module we once dreamed.

-------------------------------------

No es una gran prioridad en este momento (ya que se ha completado el modelo 3D y lanzado), pero vamos a actualizar el modelo 3D del C-101EB /CC, comenzando desde cero. La razón? es simple, con todo el tiempo que hemos invertido en este proyecto, queremos cuidar cada uno de los detalles. Por lo que creemos que podemos proporcionar un modelo 3D más detallado y actualizado a los nuevos estandares. De la misma manera estamos revisando y reescribiendo la mayoría de los sistemas con el fin de proporcionar el módulo que una vez soñamos.

attachment.php?attachmentid=148761&stc=1&d=1474644168

ZZZScreen_160922_221808.thumb.jpg.765f9e9968ab209568ee9fc273b7bb67.jpg

Edited by JuanOscar
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Juan Oscar,

While I really apreciate the dedication that AvioDev is putting on this module, in my humble opinion the current 3D model is just fine and I would have prefered that the available resources were better invested on finishing the CC variant, finishing the EFM and completing the instruments of the back seat.

I can't say anything about rewriting the system's code, since I asume that this is a needed step in order to have the EFM.

Anyway, I really like the module and play with it fairly often, even on its current state. It's a pity that the kneeboard doesn't work, but I adapted to use an old iPad 1 as a makeshift kneeboard :)

Finally, I wish the best of luck to you and your team, and thanks for keeping us updated on this development. Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hi Rudel,

I understand your concern, but take into account they are different areas, for example the artist working on the model is not the person working on the EFM, and the person working in the EFM is not the same person working on the systems...

We are the first ones wanting to complete the module and put it out, so we don't take any decision if means a delay. But at the same time, we have very clear the level of quality we want on the module, and the 3D model as you said is fine, but we think it was necessary a new module with more quality and more accurate. Maybe it doesn't make any sense to do this move, but we will see...;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Rudel,

I understand your concern, but take into account they are different areas, for example the artist working on the model is not the person working on the EFM, and the person working in the EFM is not the same person working on the systems...

We are the first ones wanting to complete the module and put it out, so we don't take any decision if means a delay. But at the same time, we have very clear the level of quality we want on the module, and the 3D model as you said is fine, but we think it was necessary a new module with more quality and more accurate. Maybe it doesn't make any sense to do this move, but we will see...;)

As a developer myself, I can certainly appreciate the desire to make things as perfect as possible. I just spent 3 days in my program putting comment headers on methods that no one will ever read but me - if even that!:lol: So, carry on as long as it doesn't delay the important stuff.:)

... I understand your concern, but take into account they are different areas, for example the artist working on the model is not the person working on the EFM, and the person working in the EFM is not the same person working on the systems...

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer, I understand what you explain ... and also, I'm glad to see that the development is still going on. :)