Campaign Update #1

Wags

• ED Team

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that Steve and I have been reading all the comments and we've made a lot of updates to the campaign already. We plan to release Update #1 to this campaign next Friday, Jan 29.

Thanks

• ED Team

I think all the missions are playable, but several of them will be improved with the update.

The update will better gel the mission files with the briefings and LUCs and a few of the missions have been updated to improve the flow and challenge level.

Wags,

I guess you already kind of implied this, but not exactly sure.. Are you guys planning to include the documentation (maps etc.) to the in-game briefing? I have not seen anybody complaining about this in the forums, but I think this could be a great improvement.

I agree- the mission map pdfs are a bit low on resolution- it would be helpful to have a map with a bit better detail as when looking at the scenery- it largely all looks pretty similar (not knocking the sim/campaign- but that's how the actual terrain is). The early review video (s) showed very cool playback tracks with wing trails , etc. like an improved version of Falcon 4's I have not been able to find this and it just seems like 10 missions period. I'll try F10 next time and see if that brings up the God's eye.. at 5:00 [ame]

[/ame]

I think all the missions are playable, but several of them will be improved with the update.

The update will better gel the mission files with the briefings and LUCs and a few of the missions have been updated to improve the flow and challenge level.

I know this isn't directly related to this post Wags, but I really want to get your thoughts on this as I think this will add a great deal of immersion and satisfaction to the campaigns. Is there any thought to making the campaigns coop friendly within DCS 2.0? Basically where you can load them up in your multiplayer server and have your friend join up as your wingman. I have modified previous campaigns such as the KA-50 deployment campaign so that my wingman is a client and it worked fantastically in multiplayer. Having this feature as a native feature within DCS would be a great addition and good selling point since it much more gratifying to fly with another human buddy than playing with the AI as your wingman. Just some thoughts.

..and just an expansion to this, I can see this feature working fantastically for multicrew campaign missions as well where the desire is for the player to fly the campaign with his buddy or for a 2 crew aircraft flight with a wingman you can do a 4 person coop. There's lots of potential here. I'm sure you guys have thought of this already.

Edited by Buznee

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that Steve ....

Which Steve? :)

Matt, pretty please to check DRM option in campaignes also if You want to have more customers for this kind of payware addons. Many of us (and how I can't resist this view of DCS 1.5/2.0 :

DCS-2016-_snqqarh.jpg DCS-2016-_snqqarx.jpg DCS-2016-_snqqare.jpg )

use Redshade/SweetFX option (I did those screenies with SweetFX) but... as I see all this new campaignes don't work if You have Redshade/SweetFX mod (its only graphical mod). It isn't a bug for sure but perhaps some of potential customers hold purchases. More here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158723 "This mission requires activation". Thank You and I hope this idea will be taken : ).

btw.

Here is idea of solution: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151195 exception in DRM only 1 file dxgi.dll and will be ok I think. Regards!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

is update 1 will be released today?

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Now that sounds intriguing. version number changing, big update, you have my attention now Wags!

Indeed :thumbup:

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Quick question Wags. I really love the campaign so far and the action is brilliant. But one of the things i would really like to see improved is the reacting and voiceacting of the AI. Are the comms besides the new ATC something that is being worked on?

g8PjVMw.png

I've been a bit stuck on Mission #6... My B-1Bs keep getting shot down by SA-8s, resulting in a mission fail. I'll keep trying... Is it possible to set it to not fail if they're shot down by surface to air?

I'll keep plugging away!

Keep going, I eventually got pushed on to Mission 7 after the same problem. The thing is I don't ever remember getting a mission successful due to the B-1Bs overflying the SAM around the their target.

Edited by Wags

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Just tried it again.... After dropping on their target the B-1s turn north right into the SA-8s in 71S. I'll try again, but it's starting to get frustrating! :-)

Keep going, I eventually got pushed on to Mission 7 after the same problem. The thing is I don't ever remember getting a mission successful due to the B-1Bs overflying the SAM around the their target.

• ED Team
Just tried it again.... After dropping on their target the B-1s turn north right into the SA-8s in 71S. I'll try again, but it's starting to get frustrating! :-)

If a Bone gets morted by a SAM, it's because the Tornado SEAD flights were prevented from accomplishing their mission by RED AIR. In the next update, the briefing will make it clearer that you must also take this into account in your tasking.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind and try again!

Having lots of fun on this campaign... Certainly the best single player missions I've ever come across, in any sim.

If a Bone gets morted by a SAM, it's because the Tornado SEAD flights were prevented from accomplishing their mission by RED AIR. In the next update, the briefing will make it clearer that you must also take this into account in your tasking.

I missed the mentions of campaign update in the patch notes. Was it done?

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Anyone know if there are release notes for this? I'd like to start the campaign but have hesitated due to the number of critical bug reports.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm