Buddy Lasing Discussion

zerO_crash

Sorry folks. The laser buddy code we are using is causing CTDs when no laser spot is present and of course it is not tracking.

We'll fix it asap.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

That seems odd considering Zues confirmed it does not work...

I had no luck with a JTAC using 1688; the first GBU-24 I dropped in 2.0 after the last patch hit its target as well, but that was just a lucky strike... 2 in a row seems less likely, but still...

I loaded gbu 12 on pylon 3 and 7.

Had JTAC lase targets and both bombs guided to and destroyed the targets

I have not tried with an a10 just a combined arms jtac.

Can you enlighten those of us who can't get it to work on the bombing procedure. In other words did you visually ID the target and then lock with the M2k ccrp target lock and then have JTAC lase? Or what was the process?

Seems to work, BUT:

- Bomb latches only if you pickle it AFTER laser is on and lasing. If you release before laser is painting, it won`t recognize the laser.

- The CTD still persists upon choosing GBU`s, causes crash most of the time.

zerO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems to work, BUT:

- Bomb latches only if you pickle it AFTER laser is on and lasing. If you release before laser is painting, it won`t recognize the laser.

zerO

This definitely seems to be the case. I've had multiple good track GBU drops (none hit, though- 8000ft AGL and a poorly aligned release mean all the terminal guidance in the world can't help), but all of those have been in situations where I've told JTAC to lase the target prior to release.

The CCRP pipper seems a bit weird- like, it seems to always draw the marker for where the INS/fire control computer are using as your desired impact point slightly too long or short, though it may be that it's just drawing it at altitude above the target.

Seems to work, BUT:

zerO

This is exactly how it works and the only way it will work as I have seen in my testing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.159thgar.com/

Not working buddy lase or jtac. tried both. Mostly it just crashes when you choose the GBU's. If you get as far as releasing it doesn't track.

+1 Agreed. Thank you sir. I never get as far as releasing it, because it always crashes when I pick GBU's now for JTAC missions anyway, which is fine I know it's beta, but please Razbam don't say something is working when clearly it is not! I understand you may be under pressure to get certain systems and such working, but like I said don't say something is working when it's not, you just lose face value and loose confidence in the community. I can respect you saying that your working the kinks out and there might be some issues but don't keep this trend up or like I say you'll lose the confidence of the community. I know you have been around for a bit so don't ruin it now that your getting into deeper endeavours. Wish you only nothing but the best. just be honest with your customers. Thank you and thus far I love and appreciate what your doing even if the latter of this post seems otherwise.

Edited by StormBat
missed something Iwanted to end on

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

OK, so now no crashes in 2.0, but GBU-12 STILL does not track when JTAC is lasing on 1688. Some magic involved besides this?

Edit: Nevermind, working as expected. Had to follow the 500 JTAC prompts a little further

Edit Edit: Test Mission with some mean old Tungs you can smash from 40k with relative impunity.

Edit Edit Edit: And if you're still having trouble this is the process:

JTAC Test.miz

Edited by xaoslaad