Buddy Lasing Discussion

zerO_crash

Are there an y aircraft that buddy lase for the mirage?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I dunno what is up, but GBU's have been already working in the last 1.5.2 update (dont use centerline stores) and 2.01. Only tried the 12's. Any laser with 1688 will do, need to drop it actually near the target, you can use JTAC via ME and by talking to him with those restrictions, Buddy lasing with an A-10C and Ciribobs Autolase script, as long as you set to 1688 manually as they default to something like 1111.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Mmmmh laser code ?

I tried xaoslaad's mission but I don't get CCRP steering cues nor Target cross despite contacting JTAC and them lasing the target.

How do we change this code to 1688 in the aircraft ?

Thanks.

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

You must Lock the target with the diamond using Target Lock button. When you have the cross over the target align with it the best you can and wait the horizontal line to go up and cross the diamond to launch de GBU.

One question Pikey.

You are saying human A-10C or JTAC buddy lasing works if used 1688 or 1111? Sorry for my english.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Laser code is 1688 on the weapon. There are no steering cues, you drop the bomb on the target manually and it refines its direction to the laser.

Mmmmh laser code ?

I tried xaoslaad's mission but I don't get CCRP steering cues nor Target cross despite contacting JTAC and them lasing the target.

How do we change this code to 1688 in the aircraft ?

Thanks.

No steering queues that I know of. I missed one of 4 the first time I made an effort because I was too off course.

You will see a line come up from the bottom of the HUD to the top when you're the correct distance to drop. Not sure what's right, but center has been working for me.

It'd be nice if there was a way to lock on based on coordinates fed to you and to get steered to the target, I agree.

Hit 4 of 4 with AI JTAC. The trick for me was to set the CCRP mark a little short of the target. At high speed the bombs like to overshoot before the steering kicks in. I have to add that I normally drop from 10k feet over ground.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Laser code is 1688 on the weapon.

I don't understand this sentence. You have to set this laser code on the weapon? Sorry if my question is silly but all the information here look complex but abbreviated for people who know.

What would be exact instructions for someone who doesn't know?

I talked with the JTAC/FAC all the chit chat

I asked Laser On he replied Laser On

I came towards target and saw the little cross like in the youtube movie but a bit off the target

I locked as close as possible of a Tunguska as I could

I leveled

When horizontal line came up to the diamond I released a GBU12 just as it crossed the diamond

result

3KcIj0t.jpg

:joystick:

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

No, this is the code thats set ont he weapon and you can't change it.

Exact instructions are:

1. Get a 1688 laser code illumination from a

JTAC or

from a script or

from an A-10C

Not providing details to this as its not Mirage related, check ME or other documentation. You must have a laser illuminating your target from another source. if you don't know how to do this, start with this point.

2. Drop a GBU on the target using normal CCRP bombing instructions from the M2k manual.

Provided the GBU is dropped oiver an illuminated target it will track. innacuracy will break this.

Without INS, finding the relevant target is hard. I use Ciribobs script as he puts smoke on it too if I want it.

I don't understand this sentence. You have to set this laser code on the weapon? Sorry if my question is silly but all the information here look complex but abbreviated for people who know.

I came towards target and saw the little cross like in the youtube movie but a bit off the target

I leveled

When horizontal line came up to the diamond I released a GBU12 just as it crossed the diamond

result

3KcIj0t.jpg

Additionally, aim a little short, it helps, if the external view when tracking the GBU "wobbles" when tracking. Sounds like the bomb wasn't close enough to your laser designator, assuming laser codes were all OK.

I leveled

result

3KcIj0t.jpg

it worked for me, and i tried several times.

you seem to do it right, I also didnt need to be very accurate when releasing from high

I leveled

result

3KcIj0t.jpg

You need to drop them either a bit sooner or from shallow dive. The problem is that you're releasing GBU from high speed flight, because of it bomb has rather flat trajectory, and it's seeker is not able to pick up laser designation in time. Drop it so that it's seeker is pointed more in direction of target and it should pick up guidance no problem.

I definitely found a shallow dive was best. Whilst its remarkably fun to consider loft bombing at 30 degrees up in full reheat, more often than not the laser dot isn't detected and the bomb sails long. Anything sensible tends to work fine.

Thanks for your reply mate.

its simple ....when the Jtac or A10C are Lasing ....place the green cross ...a little bit IN FRONT from the Targets

DMGexXw.jpg

now wait for the little green line .....

LUDedeP.png

and then :pilotfly: :thumbup:

RMSX2qo.jpg

This is a more advanced test using DCS-CTLD for lasing instead of the built-in JTAC.

This way an AFAC will lase as well, which I couldn't get working otherwise, even though it should work.

It's also testing a modified DCS-CTLD so I could get the AFAC to prioritize SAMS (any target I want really...) instead of blindly choosing what's closest.

It's a multiplayer mission with an AI AH-64 standing by to perform as AFAC. OH-58 was causing weird and extreme lag, otherwise I would have used one of them. You could also have a friend in an A-10C do the lasing work.

Nothing dynamic or crazy; just tests some possibilities.

Hoover.miz