Su-27 vs F-15 EM graph questions

rami80

I was looking at the Su-27 vs F-15 graph. By the look of it,the Su-27 turns better in a pure sustained turn at speeds lower than 700km/h .

However I've seen posts that mostly say that the F-15 should be kept at around 400knots in a sustained turn. At such speeds the F-15 should out turn the Su-27(which suppose is performing its best sustained turn).

Why is this not so? I there a g-limit in the graph that I am ignoring?

SU27vF15EM.jpg

Edited by rami80

At least the sea level graph looks quite close to what it is in game.

The peculiar thing about it is that the Su-27 performance does not seem to change significantly between 600 km/h and 800 km/h. In my experience, anything between these speeds give good performance. This is in stark contrast to the F-15, which has significant performance increase all the way until practical corner speed (which is at 7.5 - 8 G due to blackout)

I don't know what aircraft weights are used for these graphs but the truth is the planes perform close enough at sustained turn that whichever is the better-sustained-turning plane depends heavily on fuel weight and stores.

You can also directly see the dramatic impact of low speed on the F-15 performance, while the Su-27 performs much better all the way down to 400 km/h

Edited by Stuge

Ie depends on the gw used for the eagle and flanker here. Also keep in mind that the eagle performance here is estimated by the authors. A good estimation but not necessarily exact.

I was looking at the Su-27 vs F-15 graph. By the look of it, in a pure sustained turn at speeds lower than 700km/h .

However I've seen posts that mostly say that the F-15 should be kept at around 400knots in a sustained turn. At such speeds the F-15 should out turn the Su-27(which suppose is performing its best sustained turn).

Why is this not so? I there a g-limit in the graph that I am ignoring?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda