central position trimmer mode bug

since 1.5.2 (not sure when it started exactly) the Central position trimmer mode seems to be buggy. when I use the trim button for the first time, it works as it is supposed to be, the controls freeze until I center my Warthog (and rudder - rudder trim activated).

but after that the trim seems to revert itself to the non central position trimmer mode - it behaves like the option was not selected, re-trimming (moving stick to different position and pressing trim button again) will not freeze the controls until centered, but make the ingame controls jump to the "new" location, just like it does with "central position trimmer" option disabled (even tough it is enabled). i cross checked this with the ka-50, for which i also use the central position trimmer mode, and there it always works the same, trim -> controls freeze until centered.

i don't have a track record yet, but if other people can recreate the same problem, or i am mistaken, i will update of course.

i re-assigned shortcuts and re-set the options in both 1.5.2 and 2.0 and feel the behavior is slightly inconsistent, but hard to pinpoint. the central trimmer mode seems to work (if activated of course) most of the times, but occasionally small trimmer adjustments work like "central position trimmer" mode was de-activated (which is not).

• 3 months later...
since 1.5.2 (not sure when it started exactly) the Central position trimmer mode seems to be buggy. when I use the trim button for the first time, it works as it is supposed to be, the controls freeze until I center my Warthog (and rudder - rudder trim activated).

but after that the trim seems to revert itself to the non central position trimmer mode - it behaves like the option was not selected, re-trimming (moving stick to different position and pressing trim button again) will not freeze the controls until centered, but make the ingame controls jump to the "new" location, just like it does with "central position trimmer" option disabled (even tough it is enabled). i cross checked this with the ka-50, for which i also use the central position trimmer mode, and there it always works the same, trim -> controls freeze until centered.

i don't have a track record yet, but if other people can recreate the same problem, or i am mistaken, i will update of course.

I have the same problem in 1.5.3, even with a clear installation.

I think I'll walk away from UH-1 a while until they fix the problem.

• 8 months later...

I am not sure, if I have the same problem but it is similar. At time when the trim is engage to control are stuck and it's confirm with the "Ctrl+Enter" control input screen. I can't get it back even when I use the reset trim button. I does fix itself after the crash however :)

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, which turns the module not flyable... Please see the pictures.

There you have the center of hardware joystick and center of sim cyclic. Then full aft and forward.

Regards.

Down.thumb.JPG.7ec249a954b21904654ac11171d0db20.JPG

Up.thumb.JPG.b24a03105da80e49b4a79734cfd23fae.JPG

1324678580_Center2.thumb.JPG.5a7d62f1173e634950648ca4da4d0313.JPG

Center.thumb.JPG.23bd789f0257470a15f546a51311810c.JPG

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 2 weeks later...

central position trimmer mode bug

Do you have any curves configured?

I think around 15%, yes.

With MSFF2.

Sent from Tapatalk.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I think around 15%, yes.

With MSFF2.

Sent from Tapatalk.

Well, curves and FFB don't go well together in DCS. This is not Huey specific, afaik.

It seems, the curves are only applied on the way into DCS, but not the other way, out to the FFB motors.

Like, you deflect the joystick to 50%, DCS applies the curves, and makes for example 25% of it. In game, the cyclic now defects to 25%.

Now you trim. DCS sees that you trimmed at 25% and tells that to the FFB motors. Your joystick now deflects (from 50%) to 25%. And now it all starts over: DCS applies the curves to your 25%, makes something else of it, etc.

... BUT ... this thread was originally about central trimmer mode, i.e. non-FFB sticks ...?

• 2 weeks later...
Well, curves and FFB don't go well together in DCS. This is not Huey specific, afaik.

It seems, the curves are only applied on the way into DCS, but not the other way, out to the FFB motors.

Like, you deflect the joystick to 50%, DCS applies the curves, and makes for example 25% of it. In game, the cyclic now defects to 25%.

Now you trim. DCS sees that you trimmed at 25% and tells that to the FFB motors. Your joystick now deflects (from 50%) to 25%. And now it all starts over: DCS applies the curves to your 25%, makes something else of it, etc.

... BUT ... this thread was originally about central trimmer mode, i.e. non-FFB sticks ...?

Yeah.....but this issue did not exist until an update or two ago. I never had this problem before.