LGB / JTAC works!

tflash

Nice, since the latest patch you can talk to the JTAC and drop an LGB on target! Very cool and very simple. I tried it in a simple off-line mission in the ME (labels on and easy comms, just to try). The speed of the Mirage brings some new dimension to the table here!

I do get a game crash when I would select the LGB while talking to the JTAC, but if I select the weapon first than there is no problem.

FT Mirage Laser kill.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there something to note about buddy lasing ? We gave it a try with an A10C, but it worked only at 1 time.

Seems to work, BUT:

- Bomb latches only if you pickle it AFTER laser is on and lasing. If you release before laser is painting, it won`t recognize the laser.

- The CTD still persists upon choosing GBU`s, causes crash most of the time.

zerO

mfg

SFMBE

Can anyone post a video tutorial on how to do it?

I second this request.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Not having success using JTAC as my designator. Get the 9 line then I am cleared for ingress, but bomb is coming nowhere close to target. What height should I be dropping GBU-12 from? Is there a specific command I need to give to the JTAC to lase the target? I don't get any specific menu option in the communication menu that suggests I am missing some command.

Yes you need to ak teh JTAC to las. Mak esure your JTAC signals he will mark with Laser in the 9-line brief. Often you get "No Mark", and then there is no lasing. You than say "IN", than "LASER ON". In the Mirage you bomb as if you were bombing with CCRP, so as with MK82's.

You point to the target some, lock (you don't have to be precise, as the bomb will follow the laser) and you drop as you would do an unguided CCRP bombing.

Please note that it is quite hard to set up a JTAC in DCS that actually wants to lase : your AI JTAC needs to be in line of sight, very close to the target (max a few hundred feet). Any terrain curving or incidence will make sure the JTAC says "No Mark". It also helps to select the weapon "guided bombs" in the JTAC config instead of just taking "auto". I set the JTAC immortal and invisible so as to make sure he isn't dead before I arrive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes you need to ak teh JTAC to las. Mak esure your JTAC signals he will mark with Laser in the 9-line brief. Often you get "No Mark", and then there is no lasing. You than say "IN", than "LASER ON". In the Mirage you bomb as if you were bombing with CCRP, so as with MK82's.

You point to the target some, lock (you don't have to be precise, as the bomb will follow the laser) and you drop as you would do an unguided CCRP bombing.

Please note that it is quite hard to set up a JTAC in DCS that actually wants to lase : your AI JTAC needs to be in line of sight, very close to the target (max a few hundred feet). Any terrain curving or incidence will make sure the JTAC says "No Mark". It also helps to select the weapon "guided bombs" in the JTAC config instead of just taking "auto". I set the JTAC immortal and invisible so as to make sure he isn't dead before I arrive.

Thank you! I am using the predator so I thought I could be farther away. I have seen previous posts about making the JTAC invisible and immortal but I cannot find those options. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Can someone share a mission file with laser target bombing?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I made a mission with JTAC and am getting 100% game crash when I go to choose my GBU-12's from my weapons panel whether I turn on master arm first or not JTAC has callsign and frequency set, is invisible, bomb choice is guided bombs and designator is set for laser. I know a few of you are having this problem have you had any success with getting around it?

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

Is there something to note about buddy lasing ? We gave it a try with an A10C, but it worked only at 1 time.

A friend and I do it all the time.

Both Aircraft set lazer code or use default.

Lazing aircraft selects the target, sets SPI, broadcasts SPI

Bomb dropper Hooks SPI and sets as own SPI

SET GBUs for CCRP release, follow steering cues to release point.

At 10 seconds to fly call for lazer on...

Rinse repeat as necessary.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.