DCS A-10C SP Campaign - Future DLC Announcement

Right on dude, been waiting for this!

Screw working, im busy with this today.

Congrats on the release Ranger! and thanks

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Congrats on the release Ranger79, I enjoyed testing it :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks everyone, stuck at work all day, buy have been reading your comments. Appreciate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Purchased & mission 1 finished! Feels really good, I like the dialogues between the player and wingmen plus nice description of the AO. Well done, Ranger79!

Thanks BD!

Hey Ranger79, loved the first mission, really nice.

Then I loaded up the second one...

First off: nr 3 gets rear ended by a humvee, then number two doesnt move out of the way when kutaisi finally gives permission to continue taxi.

I waited for 30 minutes, they don't move.

Then I quit the mission thinking I'll just restart, campaign threw me back to the first mission, I quit that one too, to try again and now it says campaign failed.

Is this something you need to fix or ED?

Hey Ranger79, loved the first mission, really nice.

Then I loaded up the second one...

First off: nr 3 gets rear ended by a humvee, then number two doesnt move out of the way when kutaisi finally gives permission to continue taxi.

I waited for 30 minutes, they don't move.

Then I quit the mission thinking I'll just restart, campaign threw me back to the first mission, I quit that one too, to try again and now it says campaign failed.

It seems like failed missions revert the campaign to the previous one (I seem to recall it's a default behaviour with the campaigns). This is why I always ALT-F4 out unless I'm sure the mission was a success (partial or otherwise).

Yes, the mission sequence is easily broken in DCS, I've reported that problem days ago but got no answer so far. It's possible to edit the %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\logbook.lua file and fix it, but make sure to keep a backup.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yes, the mission sequence is easily broken in DCS, I've reported that problem days ago but got no answer so far. It's possible to edit the %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\logbook.lua file and fix it, but make sure to keep a backup.

That's the way it has to be, then so be it.

Thanks for the tip!

(BTW I figured if I don't move my wingmen won't come out of their bunkers as well, so I wait for the humvee to pass and kutaisi to clear me for takeoff, and then taxi)

That's the way it has to be, then so be it.

Thanks for the tip!

(BTW I figured if I don't move my wingmen won't come out of their bunkers as well, so I wait for the humvee to pass and kutaisi to clear me for takeoff, and then taxi)

Just to avoid any confusion, when I'm talking about "sequence" I mean that when a campaign mission fails, it often jumps back to the previous mission, it's been like that for a long time.

If you're stuck on editing the logbook.lua, don't hesitate to upload the file here for us to have a look and help. You'll find a sequence a little bit like this

{
                       [1] = 
                       {
                           ["datetime"] = "13/09/2015 19:42:27",
                           ["agKills"] = 0,
                           ["aaKills"] = 0,
                           ["stage"] = 1,
                           ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                           ["result"] = 100,
                           ["mission"] = "en_UN-Pilot_01.miz",
                       }, -- end of [1]
                       [2] = 
                       {
                           ["datetime"] = "13/09/2015 20:42:56",
                           ["agKills"] = 0,
                           ["aaKills"] = 0,
                           ["stage"] = 2,
                           ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                           ["result"] = 100,
                           ["mission"] = "en_UN-Pilot_02.miz",
                       }, -- end of [2]
                       [3] = 
                       {
                           ["stage"] = 3,
                           ["mission"] = "en_UN-Pilot_03.miz",
                       }, -- end of [3]
                   }, -- end of ["history"] 

(note that the entries are not always in increasing order like here)

You'll have to remove the out-of-sequence ones, and make sure the next mission is like the last incomplete one in the example above, with only the stage and the mission filename. The stage is just an index value that correspond to the mission number.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

In Mission 2 all the hogs are suppose to be placed together on the far NW map, something must have changed there start position, I will check when I get off work. I believe the newest update changed there start position and may have affected AI taxi somewhat. I apologize to all who are having issues. We work to get this resolved asap.

Edited by Ranger79

strange, mission 2 completed fine for me

Good to hear, unfortunately I've been working extended hours at my real job and haven't had a chance to review some of the taxi / parking spot issues yet.

• ED Team
Good to hear, unfortunately I've been working extended hours at my real job and haven't had a chance to review some of the taxi / parking spot issues yet.

I did report some taxi issues and ED have been looking into them, hopefully the next update will resolve some of the issues, but it my be worth checking the spawn locations any way. :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

[...] I mean that when a campaign mission fails, it often jumps back to the previous mission, it's been like that for a long time.

I think the whole campaign system was developed with the Georgian Oil War campaign for the Ka-50 in mind, which was an attempt to script an all-out war scenario where players start at a certain stage, and depending on success or failure, they'd get set back one stage, or have to refly the current stage, or advance one stage.

Story-driven campaigns would need to apply a few work-arounds. I think at mission start, the player should be awarded a score of exactly 50 so that when the mission is exited, the player would have to refly the current stage (aka mission, in this case). Any less than 50 and the player would be set back one stage (probably never a good idea in a story-driven campaign) and anything above 50 and the player would advance to the next stage (mission). So when a particular goal has been achieved by the player, the campaign should award one point, and unless the player later does something bad (blue-on-blue, crash/eject), the player would automatically advance to the next stage as soon as he quits the mission. Using some flags, the mission author could delay this until the player successfully lands at the destination airport, so that the player would always refly the mission until all mission critical goals have been achieved.

So, it's possible to get it working in a useful way, but authors have to be extra-aware of how the system works, and it's really easy to forget something here or there, and then players get reset to a previous stage when they quit too soon. Maybe it's something that Ranger could look at for an update at a later time (no clue how this campaign approaches the scoring, though, haven't had time to start it yet).

I think the whole campaign system was developed with the Georgian Oil War campaign for the Ka-50 in mind, which was an attempt to script an all-out war scenario where players start at a certain stage, and depending on success or failure, they'd get set back one stage, or have to refly the current stage, or advance one stage.

Story-driven campaigns would need to apply a few work-arounds. I think at mission start, the player should be awarded a score of exactly 50 so that when the mission is exited, the player would have to refly the current stage (aka mission, in this case). Any less than 50 and the player would be set back one stage (probably never a good idea in a story-driven campaign) and anything above 50 and the player would advance to the next stage (mission). So when a particular goal has been achieved by the player, the campaign should award one point, and unless the player later does something bad (blue-on-blue, crash/eject), the player would automatically advance to the next stage as soon as he quits the mission. Using some flags, the mission author could delay this until the player successfully lands at the destination airport, so that the player would always refly the mission until all mission critical goals have been achieved.

So, it's possible to get it working in a useful way, but authors have to be extra-aware of how the system works, and it's really easy to forget something here or there, and then players get reset to a previous stage when they quit too soon. Maybe it's something that Ranger could look at for an update at a later time (no clue how this campaign approaches the scoring, though, haven't had time to start it yet).

I believe Baltic Dragon uses this system for his campaigns.

You're right, I found the whole logic in the DCS manual. When I experienced that in the challenge "campaign", it looked weird, and it probably feels weird in a story-driven campaign but the feature does exist.

... I believe the newest update changed there start position and may have affected AI taxi somewhat ...

Don't the ED partner campaign creators get to test their missions with the release candidate?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Don't the ED partner campaign creators get to test their missions with the release candidate?

I unfortunately did not have access to the latest RC when submitting the camapign. There is alot of behind the scenes work and actions which take place to get a product tested, protected, produced, etc that many users don't see or realize. However this is a fluid and continually evolving and updated simulator. We will work through the issues and get them resolved. Rest assured, all the ED 3rd party campaign builders I know want to ensure the consumer has an enjoyable experience and provide support for their submitted product. Please keep any bug reports coming to get them resolved. I appreciate your support.

Rest assured, all the ED 3rd party campaign builders I know want to ensure the consumer has an enjoyable experience and provide support for their submitted product.

I think it could be easily achieved if all new updates were released as open beta - then all the creators could test their missions with the new version. Not viable when a new campaign is introduced, though.

And as more and more of these payware campaigns are released, maybe a testing frame work could be implemented, so testing could be done without time consuming reflying all the missions.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Hi, what if I running out of activations due to OS re-install, hardware changes etc? Do I have to buy it again?

Win 10 Pro x64, Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z, i7 2600k @4.8 Ghz, 16Gb ddr3 GSkill Ripjaws, EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN, OCZ RevoDrive 350 480gb, Corsair Hydro H80, Thermaltake Element S, Cooler Master Silent Pro 700w, Track IR 5, Saitek X-52 Pro, Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5, Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 7.

"Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, what if I running out of activations due to OS re-install, hardware changes etc? Do I have to buy it again?

Chinook77,

You can deactivate your copy if doing a hardware upgrade and not lose an activation. I have ran out of activations before with a module and put a support ticket in and got a reset.