DCS A-10C SP Campaign - Future DLC Announcement

Very much looking forward to this myself. I have played around with the editor

and made a few simple missions for the A10, the only thing would really be

nice is the fragmentation model, especially for the A10 and CAS with

ground troops, my work around is just using the if less than 30% and

getting rid /remove the rest of the troops.

You can explode units and I have done that, bit excessive for troops

tho unless they are strapped with something I guess?

Hay by the way is there a way to just finish off a troop with scripting and make them fall

like the others that get a direct hit?

Fragmentation example:huh:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkzrxN5Jn0[/ame]

There's no way I would be moving towards where an A10 is firing!

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David, the deactivate option is a good approach to ground troops once a certain percentage is neutralized. For a payware product you want to keep the triggers, flags, and scripting basic but still give the consumer an enjoyable experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ranger79,

Thought that was the right way to go using a percentage for troops. Thanks

I only play around with this editing business, perhaps throw in a few recordings from a YouTube and attach it to a radio channel in the a10 for a bit of

immersion, defiantly not anywhere near the level your campaign looks like from the videos with all those voice over recordings.

You must have spent sometime on it, defiantly worth every cent as a payware.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

There's also the Mig/Sabre campaign that was announced multiple months ago. Plus the Mirage campaign... It seems like they don't want to release any campaign before 2.5...

And I think ED does right with that. As every update of 1.5 and 2.0alpha broke some aspect of the payware campaigns it's better to wait for a consolidated version before releasing new ones.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Ranger79,

Thought that was the right way to go using a percentage for troops. Thanks

I only play around with this editing business, perhaps throw in a few recordings from a YouTube and attach it to a radio channel in the a10 for a bit of

immersion, defiantly not anywhere near the level your campaign looks like from the videos with all those voice over recordings.

You must have spent sometime on it, defiantly worth every cent as a payware.

Thank you sir, worked very hard on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks really great!

But looking at the last scene I wonder wether AAR will be mandatory?

Guess your going to have to purchase and find out

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! I can't AAR!!!

AAR in 1st mission would be a dealbreaker :-D

I understand many pilots struggle with AAR, and it *is* difficult. Probably more so in DCS than it would be in real life.

Anyway, if it was up to me, more missions should include mandatory AAR in order to add another touch of realism.

My experience has always been that the challenges presented by good campaigns made me a much better pilot than I was before. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Don't worry gents, you can manage without AAR but it depends on how good and fast you are at completing your objectives, so don't fret. Focus more on being very good with CDU grid inputs. Also doesn't hurt to know how to manage your AI wingman, they can be a very powerful tool if used right. Or don't use them and complete the mission on your own as a HARD MODE.

• Like 2

Don't worry gents, you can manage without AAR but it depends on how good and fast you are at completing your objectives, so don't fret. Focus more on being very good with CDU grid inputs. Also doesn't hurt to know how to manage your AI wingman, they can be a very powerful tool if used right. Or don't use them and complete the mission on your own as a HARD MODE.

Well said Ralfi!

• Like 1

I agree, Campign looks great and Ralfi has made an excellent review:thumbup:

• Like 1

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks Ralfi!

And great review, BTW!

Don't worry gents, you can manage without AAR but it depends on how good and fast you are at completing your objectives, [...]

Good to know, thanks.

Great review by the way, thanks for taking the time! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome, purchased!

How?

I see the campaign on the website, but no buy button...

Edit: I want to buy it but can't. Anyone got the same issue?

Or is it not released for eur yet?

Aww, glad its working, thanks for the support.

Lol I switched to german language and the button appeared!

Huh, weird, to me it was available without a hitch.

I suppose the E-Shop will check that a license for the A-10C is already bound to the account. As long as that's the case, maybe there's a glitch under certain circumstances that needs to be ironed out by ED? In any case, I didn't work any magic, the button was just there. ;)