HAV

0ZYKllh.jpg

wXroQ8O.jpg VBb4Mpv.jpg

W54wOwr.jpg sYJfNBX.jpg

BJKMOvO.jpg vjLOwH9.jpg

H02pthy.jpg vkxKwXI.jpg

iE92FAL.jpg

UTC - what is it?

UTC is an active head tracking clip, a professional alternative for popular Track Clip Pro, yet offering everything that original design does not provide...

Sturdier, more powerful and much better made... and will not break from just looking at it ;)

And above all - wireless and with a battery that allows for several hours of fun per single charge.

For whom?

For all those who want to free themselves from the cables and enjoy perfect tracking signal throughout the entire work time.

Tested by many, loved by everyone.

If you're looking for a for professional solutions, value aesthetics and don't like compromise, you've come to the right place.

Technicall specification:

- Wireless head tracking clip based on 3 IR LED model (active tracking based on infrared diodes).

- Fully compatible with TrackIR (all versions).

- Fully compatible with OpenTrack, FaceTrackNoIR and Free Track.

- Robust design.

- Smooth flexible resin enclosure.

- Same enclosure, 4 differnt variants (3 wireless and 1 cable) - choose the one that suits you best (see details below).

- Guarantee real working time.

- Universal design suitable for your needs - smooth surface on both sides of enclosure without any mounting catches allows you to adjust it to your own needs.

- Compatible with almost every model of bigger headphones.

Don't want to use headphones? No problem. Use a head strap instead (e.g. from a head lamp), mount it to your helmet or even borrow a hairband from your wife... whichever works best for you.

- Left/right side mounting with sticky velcro, double-sided foam tape or sticky zip ties. Be default each UTC copy has a pair of sticky velcro in the box.

- 3 high quality IR LEDs 120°. High FOV (field of view) LEDs allows for way more head movements without losing tracking signal, so in most cases you'll first lose the sight of your monitor than lose tracking.

- Powered by li-po battery.

- Built-in charger allows to charge the battery from any USB port in your PC or from external DC charger (5V - e.g. from your phone) with attached micro USB/USB cable. Note that you can still play while battery is charging. Charging status is marked by 2 LEDs on enclosure (red - charging, green - fully charged).

- Built-in switch (even in cable model).

- Built-in module ensuring constant LED power supply throughout the whole battery working cycle - no nominal voltage drops. LEDs stay bright all the time, ensuring perfect tracking.

- Built-in battery protections controlling work and charge conditions.

- One year warranty.

Available models:

UTC II+ Pro

- 19h working time

- 1600 mAh battery

- 55g weight

- 225 PLN (approx. 60 USD)

UTC II+ (regular)

- 11h working time

- 1000 mAh battery

- 45g weight

- 200 PLN (approx. 53 USD)

UTC II+ Lite

- 8h working time

- 650 mAh battery

- 35g weight

- 190 PLN (approx. 51 USD)

UTC II+ cable

- 3m USB cable permanently attached (may be longer if needed)

- 20/70 g weight (without/ with cable)

- 125 PLN (approx. 33 USD)

Custom stuff like e.g. specially designed holder for your headphones model available per request - see example below.

Shipping worldwide via:

*Polish Post

- Priority registered letter

- Economical/ priority postal parcels

- EMS

*UPS

Prices, details and estimated delivery times for each shipping option available per request.

Contact via email: vgddevices@gmail.com or PM, here on forum.

Payment via PayPal or direct bank transfer.

User photos:

duZRL9L.jpg VCynFf3.jpg IGLYQtm.jpg

AKG K702 with a specially designed holder (per request of a user)

APuV48O.jpg r1dn89T.jpg

Review of a previous model - UTC Mk II by Sim UK

Review by Particular Pixels - comparison between direct face tracking and with the usage of tracking clips

Edited by HAV
  • Thanks 1

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like trackhat plus... $40 seems good... I'd be curious what shipping to the US is as a comparison.

I think the Trackhat clip plus was $80 when all was said and done...

My only complaint is the circuit board was hot glued to the battery and came undone... I had to open it up and gorilla glue it so I could plug in the usb cable again... for $80 I expexcted a lot better, but it otherwise works fine.

Looks great to me, what would the P&P to Sweden be?

The wireless device is my personal favourite, enough cables as is already :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

I saw trackhat products... few months after I finished my clip. So despite similar shape - these are 2 different products... plus my cost half the price and works 2x time longer.

UTC is made by hand but but with care of details, so it won't break after few uses. Don't throw him everyday and it will works for many years.

Shipping to US and Sweden are similar. About $15 via standard package, or...

$5 if sent by registered letter, good enough? If package correctly and put in bubble envelope, there's now way it could be broken. I sent this way many electronic stuff over my country and never came broken.

Both are sent via Polish Post.

Edited by HAV
  • Thanks 1

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It looks great and sturdy enough. Good job!

My own DIY emitter and the floor are old buddies and it's 6 years old now. But I want to get rid of that cable. Bad. ^^

It's a very good thing you have several weight/battery life options.

I also like the fact you didn't put any bulky "universal" fixation system. There are so many different headsets around I'd prefer modifying your emitter to my liking.

I'd be interested in the lighter version (650 mAh/25 g). "You've got a mail" :thumbup:

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Great to hear that you like it.

@Bourrinopathe - actually it was the whole idea - do not mount any fancy system to fix UTC to headphones.

If it has to be universal, let anyone install it as he wants.

As you said, there're already so many headset models on market, that can't be done so easilly with one "universal" fix system, eg. Track Clip Pro.

• Thanks 1

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

I've ordered the lighter (wireless) model and I should be able to provide some feedback in a week or two.

I'm already using a custom 3-points emitter with a modified PS3Eye, so I expect more comfort (I'm using a wireless headset but my emitter is wired), probably a wider emission angle and a sturdier build.

Thanks for the opportunity HAV :thumbsup:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's closing in ;)

And I can already tell that Hav has managed the order beautifully, and he has been really helpful with the questions I had. (Thanks!)

Sooner than soon™

Looks like trackhat plus... $40 seems good... I'd be curious what shipping to the US is as a comparison.

I think the Trackhat clip plus was $80 when all was said and done...

My only complaint is the circuit board was hot glued to the battery and came undone... I had to open it up and gorilla glue it so I could plug in the usb cable again... for $80 I expexcted a lot better, but it otherwise works fine.

My trackhat pro died after a month. After a couple of emails to James for help and no answer, I decided to fix it myself and opened it. I was not too impressed by the manufacturing quality. Lots of glue. Weak soldering (one on the battery had to be redone as well as one to one of the led.)

The idea is great but manufacturing quality not so much (from the one I got at least).

Hope your product will get all the love a hardcore simmer can expect.

Thanks for your kind words BaD CrC, I'm hoping it'll :music_whistling:

As Bourrinopathe asked me before - did I use 3D printer for the case?

Printed parts looks to messy for me, so no :smilewink:

This is handmade stuff but done with care of details, every single time I'm making one. That's why it looks much better and neat :music_whistling:

• Thanks 1

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to report that UTC works great with the TrackIR5 sensor! :)

I only wish that the TIR software allowed for placing the LED clip on the right side of the headset... If anybody know of a way, please let me know!

The UTC worked flawlessly in DCS! I could move my head closer to the screen without loosing control. Plus, it was really nice to get rid of that extra USB cable! Now I will have to seriously consider a wireless headset too. Problem is that I love my Roccat Kave XTD 5.1... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my UTC today and it's a great device!

zbPGu09.jpg

Just like a professional product!

Battery pre-charged and ready to use.

HvdmIvv.jpg

I chose the 650 mAH and here's how it looks on a Logitech G930 (attached w/ velcro).

That should give an idea about its size.

Needless to say I'm really happy with it. It's beautifully crafted with no visible seam.

The discreet LED goes from red (charging) to green.

I entered the specific dimensions in OpenTrack and just used my existing profile.

The LEDs emitting angles are also impressive. I'd break my neck before my PS3Eye looses the signal (I can turn my head 90° L/R).

I also "stress-tested" the LEDs power by reducing OT point extraction size down to 1 pixel and tried the emitter about 2 meters away from the cam. The signal was perfectly stable.

HAV warned me about the paint and he told me he's already working on an improved version, but I'm perfectly satisfied with the current model :smilewink:

Of course I'll have to test it many more hours to see how it can endure numerous flights and probably some crashes on the floor, but for now: it's all good and I recommend it.

Being equipped with an fully-wireless headset+tracking device provides a formidable comfort.

Congratz HAV! And thanks a million for offering such a great product!

[it might be a tiny detail, but I also like that the emitter is ON with the switch pushed to the front of the device (just like the aircraft toggle switches)]

Edited by Bourrinopathe
typo

I am happy to report that UTC works great with the TrackIR5 sensor! :)

I only wish that the TIR software allowed for placing the LED clip on the right side of the headset... If anybody know of a way, please let me know!

Heh, I saw a tip in the Natural Point forums:

Place the TIR camera behind you.

Then mount the clip facing backwards on the right side of your headset. ;)

But other than that, NP has answered that the TIR algorithms are designed only to use LED clip in the left side, it is not compatible with having it on the right side. :(

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Place the TIR camera behind you.

Then mount the clip facing backwards on the right side of your headset

:doh:

Of course! And reverse the necessary axes...

Thanks for the tip!

That might even make "leaning in" on the instruments easier as well...

Edited by Goblin
Typo

• 2 months later...
A big THANKS to Sporg for the idea!

Mounting the TrackIR sensor behind me, and reversing the LED clip worked great!

Why didn't I think of this before..?!?! :)

Did this involve inverting everything in the TIR software?

Sent while I should be working instead.

• 2 weeks later...