UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative

HAV

I just recieved mine today. It came a little bit late (15 days within EU), but I have to say that this little thingie is awesome! And I have one more from local manufacturer at home (usb wired) that I have been using for 3 years now to compare it to. At first look I was really impressed by the level of manufacturing put into this thing. It is covered with dim material which feels really nice. I ordered the most powerful wireless version and it is not heavy to use at all. I just charged it with provided cable, which took less then 2 hours (it has green/red diode there to tell you if it is fully charged or not) and gave it a try. I am using it with PS3 Eye and Opentrack. It works like a charm out of the box with the same settings that I did set for my wired tracker. No change needed. The manufacturer is very caring person which you will find out when you order this little beauty. He is very communicative, provides you with all the data you need to track your order while it is being delivered and he is very helpful. Great product from a great guy. 10/10

Edited by Kubiz

GIGABYTE Z390 GAMING X | i5 9600k @4.7 GHz | Noctua NH-U14S | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti @OCed | Patriot 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD | Win10 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + WarBRD | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | 1440p AOC Q2790PQU

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, that's something new. Never happened so far. Thanks for the info. If you'd like, send it back, I'll repair that for you.

New switch is already on my 'to do' list for UTC III.

Present one was used rather because no other reasonable options were available at that time. I'm not happy with him, either. And since the enclosure is cast molded, exact switch dimenssions must be used...

Nice one Hav - I'll one once they are ready :) I hate wires!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to drop by and give Hav a thumbs up review. Bought a UTC II pro - shipped to Iceland without any problems. Transaction was a breeze and quicker to place then through Amazon 1-buy click, definitely helps with impulse buyers like myself :-)

So glad to be rid of TiR5 wires. This will serve nicely until its VR time. :-)

Thanks!

Does recess mounting of the LEDs lessen the angles that the LEDs can be seen from? Do you have a max angle that you have found it can work at when using a TrackIR sensor? It seems to work reading all these positive reviews, but it seems most other similar clips have the LEDs exposed slightly. I mean I am coming from the TrackIR trackclip so mine regularly loses track while looking at the bezels of my monitor. To be fair though, I do have an Ultrawide LOL. But I do not want the same issues. I would assume a 25 degree angle in any direction is plenty observable for the TrackIR sensor though, so how do I purchase?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Well, most similar clips, including Track Clip Pro, use THT LEDs which have different light characteristics. The light doesn't come only from the tip of the LED but also from the sides. Also the most popular LEDs in 3rd party clips are Osram SFH485p with 80° viewing angle (those in Track Clip Pro are probably even worse).

UTC uses SMD LEDs with different light characteristics compared to THT LEDs. Lens has also different shape, so they can be "hidden" in enclosure without the needs to expose outside.

And the viewing angle of these fellas are 120°... enough to loose the sight of your monitor and still don't loose the tracking, even on your widescreen probably ;)

So how does this work in practice?... well 120° are dry data on paper, straight from the manufacturer. In reality, siting straight in front of my camera, I can move my head to approx. 80° to left/righ before loosing tracking. That give us approx. 160° viewing angle, enough to barely see the monitor with one eye with squint.

Check your PM ;)

Edited by HAV

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know - few new UTC units await for new owners.

Also please note, due to slightly different production method, seam line beetween halves of the casing may now be slightly more visible. Check the pics below.

0ZYKllh.jpg

MHYkhPa.jpg

Shipping worldwide, shipping cost not included.

Contact via PM or vgddevices@gmail.com

Edited by HAV

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

So this seems to work for everyone else but I can't get it to work with my TrackIR5 camera, past 27 degrees yaw it also starts to see it as pitching and rolling to the point that it becomes impossible to look behind, any help?

We've already talk about this via mail but I'll repeat myself here as well.

This looks rather like a problem with your camera/UTC placement so I would look closer here.

You should have best results with UTC mount to your left headphone shell.

Optimal - vertical placement with top LED (short arm) straight above bottom one (longer arm).

TrackIR camera should be placed straight in front of UTC. In most cases that will be slightly to the side of your monitor.

Preferable on the same horizontal/vertical level as UTC.

This will look all the same no matter if you use TrackIr or other cameras like e.g. PS3 Eye.

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've managed to prepare a few new copies of UTC Pro.

Like to grab one for yourself, please leave me a PM or mail me at vgddevices@gmail.com

Available for sale:

SOLD - 0x UTC II+ Pro - 225 PLN (approx. 60 USD)/ 1 pcs - SOLD

SOLD - 0x UTC II+ (regular) - 200 PLN (approx. 53 USD)/ 1 pcs -SOLD

Shipping worldwide, shipping cost not included.

UTCs are in constant production, meaning if you're interested in other version e.g. Light or wired they can be prepared for you, mostly within a few days.

Edited by HAV

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I bought a UTC MkII Regular, the attention from HAV was great! He replied all my questions quickly and I am just waiting for them to be shipped. As soon as they come, I will post pictures of my setup using HyperX Cloud headset and TIR 5.

I mostly bought UTC in order to have a wireless IR emitter and to avoid breaking the cable of the Clip PRO as it looks very weak. This way I have two options being UTC my daily driver and the Crip PRO as backup.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that I have received my UTC Mk II Regular and already attached to my HyperX Cloud headset. It was really easy to set up with the velcro stickers and you will not notice at all when you have them on because of their low weight. Just plug and play. They come with a long micro USB cable and the velcros so 10/10 for me.

Nice work HAV!

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

I just received my new UTC II+ Pro and i must say its a super device. Delivery time was 6 days for me. Package is very good and everything inside arrieved intact. Build quality is very very nice and its really looks like proffesional product. Weight is really low and i cant feel device weight on my head. Diodes lights bright and trackir is no problems to trackit. Two velcros included along with the nice 1.8 meters long cable.

I can definitely recommend this device for every trackir user.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Thanks for your kind reviews. It's great to hear that you like it and met your expectations.

You are welcome :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

trackers

I just ordered this product... every review gave it the thumbs up. I had just ordered a new TrackIR 5 with a new Tracker IR pro. After I ordered I found my trackerIR Pro head set mounting sensors:<#

I ordered the same tracker for use with my TrackerIR 5............... Now I have three @#!$#@

I am keeping all of them:<)

I am waiting for the latest and soon to be released VRs to be thoroughly reviewed b4 I make a decision to switch to VR from TrackerIR. In the meantime I am going to switch from my Dell 30" 2560 x 1600 at a slow 60 Hz.. to my 24" 144 Hs monitor (only a 1024 reso)

CyStryker

• 2 weeks later...

Hav, been a while since I last used UTC11 pro, along the way I've lost measurments for setting up in opentrack, and the url I had in messaging center no longer works. Could I maybe get those setup measurements one more time??

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I am writing you because the ON/OFF switch is starting to break I think. It is not clicky anymore and I think that it will break anytime from now.

Is there any way to repair it? Can you give me instructions for DIY repair? Link to the replacement part?

Thanks in advance,

EDIT: HAV replied to my e-mail quickly and he will repair it for me. Great support!!

Edited by Al-Azraq

Had my UTC mk II Pro for about a year and 3 months now...still flawless!

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

• 1 month later...