UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative

HAV

I'd suggest using professional grade velcro with the soft side used on the headset.

That's how I'm using my UTC so I can just stick it to the side when I want to use it.

Just keep in mind that even high quality velcro can't resist a zillion cycles of sticking and ripping off the UTC.

Nice headset ;)

I'd avoid attaching it permanently on a side plate (as they're removable on your headset) because attaching/detaching it will probably wear the plastics.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 4 weeks later...

Another review, courtesy of Particular Pixels.

This time it's a comparison between direct face tracking and with the usage of tracking clips, so might be useful especially for people who start their adventure with head tracking.

Also, a direct comparison between UTC II+ and Delanclip Fusion.

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I have never seen this awesome looking piece of kit as a replacement for my Track Clip Pro. I have replaced it several times and most of them at the cost of NaturalPoint. I know I am not the only one that they have sent way more than 1 Track Clip Pro to due to them having a junky little junction on the clip and the pronged ends but geez you would think they could have come up with something similar long before now.

Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ

A-10C_UserBar_04.gif.632b6636b377c44d7dc562f85b269d2b.gif

• 5 months later...

I bought one back in 2016 and still use it, absolutely love it. I wanted to buy another one a few months ago so I wrote to the guy who makes these, but unfortunately at that time he said he didn’t have any plans to make any more. I would guess that’s probably still the case.

If you have a 3d printer or know someone with a 3d printer, and have some basic soldering skills, there are several designs on thingiverse, like this:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3470378

Also simpeler ones using aa or C batteries

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:477494

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3481830

If you dont have a 3d printer you can be creative with stuff lying around. Here is one I made years ago before I had a printer:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Vertigo72

My trackhat clip's on/off switch has broken off, so I'm looking for a replacement. Is it possible to buy UTC clip only?

Suggestions: IMO, the charging port should be on the bottom (side), e.g. if you want to charge and use it at the same time, the cable will clear the clip better.

Stronger/durable ON/OFF switch.

Edited by MartinAir

Sorry for late respond.

Dunno why I didn't get a notification from forum or I simply missed it. So again, sorry for lack of respond earlier.

Currently all copies I had in stock has been sold, and to be honest, don't know yet when next batch will be available.

I spent more time on work trips lately than at home, so time is not my ally...

Plus due to current pandemic situation, international postal service doesn’t work so smooth and most of shipping options are pretty much restricted. So this kinda complicates the situation.

Hard to tell how this will look within next weeks.

Thanks for the tips MartinAir. Both have been mentiond some time ago, and will probably be implementet when possible.

VGD Devices UTC Mk II+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Has anyone replaced the battery in their UTC Mk II? I fear mine is on the way out since, after some years, it has started to not hold its charge as long as usual.

If anyone has a link for a replacement battery that can be ordered I would be grateful. I love my UTC and I hate the idea of it dying and not being able to order a replacement anymore.

Cheers

• Like 2

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 3 months later...

Are you ready the start making these UTC II again?  I'm ready to order.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:01 AM, HAV said:

Sorry for late respond.

Dunno why I didn't get a notification from forum or I simply missed it. So again, sorry for lack of respond earlier.

Currently all copies I had in stock has been sold, and to be honest, don't know yet when next batch will be available.

Just now, Cpt Cuckoo said:

Are you ready the start making these UTC II again?  I'm ready to order.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am also waiting for them to come back in stock I have notice others starting to selling them but I prefer to wait on the man to get some new ones done.  Now as far as the other sellers the device looks like it could be promising but I still think this is your best bet.   But for those wanting to look at the others check ebay  ( Still waiting for HAV to get them done 😉  )

I just got a head tracker from Grass Monkey that works real nice. US based outfit!.      The UTC II would have been good though because it is the only one I know of with the middle light off centered. And an off centered middle light is less likely to get covered up by the one above it when you look down. 

They have some videos on YouTube on how to set it up etc. 

Wireless Head Tracking, Head Tracker, TrackIR 5 alternative SEE VIDEO | eBay

• 4 weeks later...

Still would like to know if they are going to continue making these or if they have stopped I know things are little waked with getting orders but last update was January that was waiting on parts and its now going into first of April with no information, they had a nice quality looking product compared to some of the ones I have seen on Ebay so just wondering what going on that way if need to find another product.     Guess I will start looking and give you few more weeks to find out some info.

On 4/1/2021 at 3:50 AM, Gumbie said:

Still would like to know if they are going to continue making these or if they have stopped I know things are little waked with getting orders but last update was January that was waiting on parts and its now going into first of April with no information, they had a nice quality looking product compared to some of the ones I have seen on Ebay so just wondering what going on that way if need to find another product.     Guess I will start looking and give you few more weeks to find out some info.

Not sure if HAV would like me to share it, but I'll do it anyway. Even a little hope is good nowadays.

Through e-mail HAV said a new UTC model (Mk III I guess?) is planned to be released around may/june, possibly with replaceable battery. I think/hope it could have a sturdier on/off swtich too.
Nothing sure yet, so don't get your hopes too high just yet:D But I'll definitely wait for at least june for any updates - before picking another company. Living in the EU, ordering from the USA(Grass Monkey)/UK(Delanclip) just to get slapped by vat and tariffs isn't funny.

Edited by kvcsa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 5 5600X, RX 6800 XT, 32GB 3600MHz, STRIX B550-E, nvme SSD.

That would be perfect if it happens sure people don't mind the wait for the option to replace with new battery if for some reason someone over charges them its possible most these small battery's today 2 hours max on charger and there good and if the charger you have doesn't cut of the power the battery will not hold charge very will after a few times of this.    But I would still be 100% interested in purchasing still 

Edited by Gumbie

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2021 at 2:08 PM, Youtch said:

Hello there,

I m in the market for a new tracking device.

This looks nicer than Delanclip.

Any news about mkIII device coming in May/June?

Thank you very much in advance

I'll probably wait until about the 20th of June, then will send an email to HAV. Waiting patiently, can't play dcs right now anway.

Ryzen 5 5600X, RX 6800 XT, 32GB 3600MHz, STRIX B550-E, nvme SSD.