Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod

sSkullZnBoneZz

CUDOS Skullz,

I flew in the german airforce as a doc for about 10 yrs on UH-1D (SAR).....your soundpack I came across today is really close to the real thing and enhances the experience in DCS dramatically.

I LOVE IT, thanks for your effort and for giving it to the community.

Willy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Just tested this today on both stereo and headphones.

I heard the sounds a lot better with stereo (and that was strange really)

This mod has some problems (both stereo and headphones...):

1) I had the startup sound restart once

2) There are some high frequencies sounds that really break the sound up (especially during startup... it really kills the mood for me). The low rotor warning is an example. It has some frequencies that are just too high (I do understand that a warning should be loud, but in this case I am talking about the high frequencies distorting the sound completely)

Other than that it's a great mod. I was really surprised because I first tested it with stereo and after it with headphones... and it definitely sounded better with stereo and that is strange since it never happened before.

1) It's sounds to me like it's your sound setup, not the mod. If your are using any kind of surround sound programs TURN THEM OFF.

2) As for the startup sound starting again it's because you didn't conduct the startup sequence properly and had to hit the start trigger a second time or you forgot to turn on the fuel switch and the rotors didn't start turning in time. There's nothing I can about that because that's the way the module was built. As long as you follow the checklist you won't have any issues with sounds being heard when they shouldn't be.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I'm working on the startup sound. I see what you are talking about but those frequencies are in the original video from which the sound was taken. In order for me to remove them I have lots of modding to do.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

Update available, download from the first post.

thanks M8, appreciate all of your efforts with this sound mod! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Just as a note, now you can't hear the startup until you roll the throttle up. Was that the only change ?

The only change was removing the high frequencies in the startup sound that you mentioned before. I can hear the startup just fine on my setup so I don't really know what you're talking about.

When you test your sounds do you actually go in-game or just listen to the files ? In multiplayer (VA server) you can't hear the startup sound AT ALL until you throttle to idle. On singleplayer it's a really quiet sound until you throttle to idle. (this because there is a little more noise in MP due to other players, mind me. Not a SP/MP issue..)

Did you bother to read the first post, or did you just download it and use it? To answer your question the sound files have been extensively tested in single player, multiplayer, by ACTUAL HUEY PILOTS, for the last three years of development. My group has used this sound pack for three years before you were able to get your hands on it. You are the only one who has complianded about any of it. I listened to your first complaint and responded with an update the same day--YOU'RE WELCOME. As for the issue you have mentioned now: I have noticed, on occasion, that the start up sound crackles and can't be heard in multiplayer servers. I have no idea why. I have found that starting the mission over will remedy it. I have also had success by deleting the saved game folder.

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

The startup sound of your mod is the BEST so far. Always enjoyable *making startup sound now*

Thanks! I'm glad you like it, lots of time and effort went into making it and it's nice to hear that people appreciate it.

When you test your sounds do you actually go in-game or just listen to the files ? In multiplayer (VA server) you can't hear the startup sound AT ALL until you throttle to idle. On singleplayer it's a really quiet sound until you throttle to idle. (this because there is a little more noise in MP due to other players, mind me. Not a SP/MP issue..)

You're tough to please... I think maybe you should make your own. Lol

Great job on it Skull, appreciate your time out into it.

Installed it yesterday at last and the startup is indeed awesome. Very nice work Skullz.

Sound is after all 70% of what you see :)

The only thing I miss is the strong whop-whop-whop when doing hard maneuvers for instance. Of course I can understand that the stock whopwhop is perhaps not realistic.

Thanks for sharing!

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Installed it yesterday at last and the startup is indeed awesome. Very nice work Skullz.

Sound is after all 70% of what you see :)

The only thing I miss is the strong whop-whop-whop when doing hard maneuvers for instance. Of course I can understand that the stock whopwhop is perhaps not realistic.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. You should be hearing a strong and loud whop-whop when you descend and maneuver at speeds of 80 knots or greater. That sound is modeled and I took great care to get that part right as well. If you don't hear it you might try downloading it again.

You're tough to please... I think maybe you should make your own. Lol

Great job on it Skull, appreciate your time out into it.

Thanks

thanks for the update skull, but i think there is a problem with interior sounds now. i couldn't hear startup sound so i thought i was doing procedure wrong. kindly please fix this when you can.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

thanks for the update skull, but i think there is a problem with interior sounds now. i couldn't hear startup sound so i thought i was doing procedure wrong. kindly please fix this when you can.

Does it sound choppy and cut in and out as it starts up and are you experiencing this in both single player and multiplayer?

Top notch huey sound mode. Thank you for your hard work.

There is small issue no startup sound. You can hear it when your doors are open. Please when you test your sound use normal sound of your computer.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Top notch huey sound mode. Thank you for your hard work.

There is small issue no startup sound. You can hear it when your doors are open. Please when you test your sound use normal sound of your computer.

Thanks. I do use normal sound. As for your issue are you having this issue in single or multiplayer?

It's not the mod. There is something going on with multiplayer servers and I have found that if you restart the mission it clears up the issue. I am trying to work out what the deal is but I haven't had any luck. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks. I do use normal sound. As for your issue are you having this issue in single or multiplayer?

Again, I love this mod. Again, thank you for all your work in getting it soooooo right!

With respect to the start-up sound issues, I am not sure what is meant exactly, so apologies if I am wrong ...

BUT if what folks mean is the that ignitor "click-click-click" on the start-up, then I suggest that:

(1) all mods are removed

(2) a "repair" is run on the installation

(3) the mods are restored

(Obviously, this is easy if using JSGME to manage the mods. Otherwise ... well, everyone really should be using JSGME).

As reported here, I, too, seemed to lose the click-click-click, with both the stock sound as well as this mod. But the above fixed it for me.