Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod

sSkullZnBoneZz

Again, I love this mod. Again, thank you for all your work in getting it soooooo right!

With respect to the start-up sound issues, I am not sure what is meant exactly, so apologies if I am wrong ...

BUT if what folks mean is the that ignitor "click-click-click" on the start-up, then I suggest that:

(1) all mods are removed

(2) a "repair" is run on the installation

(3) the mods are restored

(Obviously, this is easy if using JSGME to manage the mods. Otherwise ... well, everyone really should be using JSGME).

As reported here, I, too, seemed to lose the click-click-click, with both the stock sound as well as this mod. But the above fixed it for me.

Just to be clear, the startup sound along with the igniters, which is the click, click, click you hear, along with all sound being garbled and quiet till you near idle RPM. This only happens on multiplayer servers in my experience. Is this what you mean and this will fix that issue?

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Just to be clear, the startup sound along with the igniters, which is the click, click, click you hear, all sound garbled and quiet till you near idle RPM. This only happens on multiplayer servers in my experience. Is this what you and this will fix that issue?

Ah, sorry no. Well, only the "click-click-click" is affected. And not "garbled AND quiet": just quiet. So quiet that I could barely hear it (before the fix) if there was any ambient sound (e.g., rain) and the cockpit door was closed. And in single player (not tried in multiplayer).

So, maybe nothing at all to do with the reported concerns. Sorry for the distraction :(

Though, a repair + restore cannot hurt?

Ah, sorry no. Well, only the "click-click-click" is affected. And not "garbled AND quiet": just quiet. So quiet that I can barely hear it if there is any ambient sound (e.g., rain) and the cockpit door is closed. And in single player (not tried in multiplayer).

So, maybe nothing at all to do with the reported concerns. Sorry for the distraction :(

Though, a repair + restore cannot hurt?

Yea, I'm talking about in multiplayer. I will try this solution and see if that clears up multiplayer as well. Thanks.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

I had this problem in single player custom campaign.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mate, first off congrats, this is an amazing sound mod, I totally love it. However I seem to have a small issue with the volume while in the cockpit. I'm using the mod Single Player, however I can hardly hear any sounds when I'm in the cockpit with the door shut.

When the cockpit door is open, the sounds are loud and clear as I would expect, however closing the door completely muffles the sound, to such a degree that I can hardly hear them. While I appreciate the sound would decrease a little bit, I was surprised that it would go so quiet in there.

Is there a setting I need to adjust, that may be causing this do you know?

She sounds amazing outside and with the doors open, but sadly I'm missing all your stunning work once I shut my doors. ( can't even hear the engine )

However I can hear all alarms, and once upto speed the rotors etc, it's purely the engine start that I'm struggling to hear.

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Maybe you have Hear Like In Helmet option On?

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.3249be45a7d15a689758cddab2a7427a.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Okay guys, I've been working hard to improve this mod and make it as close to the real thing as possible.

See the first post and download the new update.

Also, for those of you having issues with the sound being too quiet, please be as specific as possible as far as what you are experiencing; I have noticed now in both multiplayer and single player that the startup sound is garbled and quiet till it spools up to idle, I have no idea why this is happening. It doesn't happen all the time and it's not the mod itself because I can turn the mod off and use the default sound and it does the same thing. I would like to figure out what is causing this so any constructive help would be appreciated.

I tried the training startup mission with it, i coudn't hear the "click click click click" when pressing Home with engine rpm lower than 15% (after that you start hearing some more sounds from the engine turning on).

I have all audio on 100%, tried with helmet on and off

I closed the game and now i will load it again to see if it changes anything

edit: still happening

Edited by Valinor

Everything seems to work fine now, and it sounds great, but I did run into a problem with one mission (tried with a couple of others and bug did not appear). Starting up, the sound file 'Skullz_Custom_Engine_START' (I think) stutters (like rapid on and off switching). Perhaps also 'Skullz_Custom_Engine' sound.

Tried deleting targets in the mission, placing the Huey on another airfield, no luck so far. Sound file still stutters.

Mission is of no importance, but perhaps you can find something which causes this, and relates to other issues (mp missions, ...)

Thank you for an amazing sound mod!!!

UH-1H - Target_Practice - ColdStart.miz

• 2 weeks later...
I tried the training startup mission with it, i coudn't hear the "click click click click" when pressing Home with engine rpm lower than 15% (after that you start hearing some more sounds from the engine turning on).

I have all audio on 100%, tried with helmet on and off

I closed the game and now i will load it again to see if it changes anything

edit: still happening

Okay, I've narrow down the problem to any AI Hueys being in the mission. I don't know why this is such a problem but it's definitely not the sound mod because the same problem occurs with default sound as well. One work around is to put the AI Huey(s) on a start delay and get through your startup but if you land again and start up it'll cause the issue. We, at 1st Cav Div, are still working on what's causing the problem. Also, the Huey is the only AI aircraft that cause this to happen, so far anyway I've tried almost all the helicopters.

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

downloaded and sounds great from exterior! however I almost feel like the right minigun doesn't seem to have sound when firing... might just be me, either way I can live with it. Also is the huey really that quiet with doors closed? I don't think its a glitch all sounds appear to be working correctly and they sound magnificent I just thought maybe it seems too damped with doors closed inflight. But if that's how it really is awesome! I have never been inside a real huey so I don't have much to compare it too. Thanks for the time and effort tho startup gives me chills!:thumbup:

Let me clarify, above 100kts I get a rotor blade swooshing sound that is definitely present. However below 100kts is when I feel that it is really quiet.t

Edited by acdelta57

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it. I have an update coming soon and the inside sounds volume have been increased a little along with some other tweaks.

I have installed it today, what a difference! :)

That really low freq boom boom sound I hear when UH-1h approaches me is gone when it moves away from me, that is normal?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

That really low freq boom boom sound I hear when UH-1h approaches me is gone when it moves away from me, that is normal?

Yes that is normal, check out some You Tube videos of an actual Hueys flying by.

Loving the mod more and more! Question on multiplayer, I've noticed this happening at what seems to be random start ups, no ignitor or at the very least an extremely faint spool up until approx 40% then all is normal....and sometimes on shut down after the helo is off I can hear the startup sounds as if I'm holding the starter down lol even with batteries off! Just curious if anyone has experienced anything like this. And to clarify its not every time, just randomly sometimes...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Loving the mod more and more! Question on multiplayer, I've noticed this happening at what seems to be random start ups, no ignitor or at the very least an extremely faint spool up until approx 40% then all is normal....and sometimes on shut down after the helo is off I can hear the startup sounds as if I'm holding the starter down lol even with batteries off! Just curious if anyone has experienced anything like this. And to clarify its not every time, just randomly sometimes...

Yeah there are posts in this thread about his issue. It's not the mod because the default sounds will do the same thing. I have been trying to figure out the cause with no luck. I've also posted in Belaimtek's forum on bugs with no response. Me and the guys at 1st Cav Div are trying to figure it out.

Great to hear... In fact you replaced the sound mod of diveplane I was using (and this means alot ;-))

I don't know if this is real in a UH-1H but I miss does spark plugs when starting the engine. Any chance I can get those back?

Thanks a lot! You should be hearing the igniters, or spark plugs, if your doors are open.

Can I ask why did you put so many same files on .sdf and in effects?

Like "File name-copy"

In sdf they have same definitions and all does it have any importance to workings of this or?

Those were copies I made during testing and tweaking so that I wouldn't lose a previously good version. You can delete all copies if you like; normally I do that before I upload a new version but I must have missed it.