A-4E By HoggitDev

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the upcoming module I am most excited about!

So excited I even felt compelled to register and post on the forum instead of just browsing!

Any chance of sometime adding the A-4K Kahu? Comes with such goodness as pulse doppler radar, two large MFDs, all aspect sidewinders and a really cool flightless bird painted on the side.

This is the upcoming module I am most excited about!

So excited I even felt compelled to register and post on the forum instead of just browsing!

Any chance of sometime adding the A-4K Kahu? Comes with such goodness as pulse doppler radar, two large MFDs, all aspect sidewinders and a really cool flightless bird painted on the side.

Sorry, but it is extremely unlikely that we'll ever be able to implement advanced avionics or a glass cockpit.

• 2 weeks later...

HoggitDev March Update

They'e been reports that some of the images haven't been loading them up, please try this link:http://imgur.com/a/eVdnj

HoggitDev March Update:

l71gFKe.png

March has been a very eventful month for the team at HoggitDev. An incredible amount of work has been done this past month and we are very grateful that the community has put in so much effort to make the A-4E become a reality. As we get further along the development stage our aircraft is coming more and more to life. Here’s an image of the newly improved armament panel being used to fire a salvo of 3 rockets:

sgHlGtP.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2D:

Main Menu, Plusnine has been hard at work extensively upgrading our old UI, we’ve now got an amazing picture of the A-4.

SDUTHoA.png

Cockpit Instruments:

ZcJmYQn.png

Emblems:

fpUM2mI.png

Fuel Tanks:

F3TCoWV.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3D:

The Huffer (Ground Power) has also seen some revisions in terms of its positions and the tubes connected to it (An extension). We found out that when our aircraft was loaded with munitions the tube extends through the body of the stores.. An extension has been made which stops this from happening, shown here:

xCSoVWN.jpg

LAU-1:

4rQ3oFRg.png

Another small detail we have added to the A-4 is the bullet casing (20x110mm USN) for the Colt MK-12 done by /u/Farlander along with the help of Plusnine who worked on the textures for them.

sfTrQir.png

SUU-7/A:

The SUU-7/A pod along with the corresponding cluster munitions BLU-3 & BLU-4 is being worked on by /u/Farlander.

ymfqTWM.png

Coding:

/u/kryb (3D) and /u/gyrovague (coding) achieved the milestone of our first clickable cockpit items: the armaments control panel now has the ability to select individual weapon stations (corresponding to the 5 positions underneath the A-4E), toggle gun readiness, toggle master arm and rotate the function selector knob to choose between guns, rockets and bombs/missiles. It is thus now possible to deploy multiple weapons (of the same type) simultaneously, e.g. fire rockets from multiple pods or drop bombs from multiple pylons, as well as jettison rocket pods. The rockets can also be fired using the gun trigger (historically accurate for the A-4E), making it possible to fire guns and rockets simultaneously at a target.

Another minor milestone was reached with our first in-cockpit sounds. The aircraft now plays a tone in the cockpit when it crosses below a threshold radar altitude, this is to simulate the Low Altitude Warning System (LAWS) system on the A-4E. The continuous bomb release tone is also played while the weapons release button is depressed in bombing mode (the correct tone pattern still needs to be identified by the research team however).

Now that the ice has been broken on clickable cockpit and sounds, the rest will be somewhat easier.

DPQlSwz.jpg

bPeoAP2.jpg

opy6ZWq.jpg

The ground start huffer is now displayed during cold start conditions. The speedbrakes are now also functional (display correctly on the external 3D model and also affect flight). The landing gear extend/retract was amended to have correct sequencing and timing.

The Standard Flight Model (SFM) continues to be improved.

Previously the fires on the aircraft were not positioned correctly, however the values have been tweaked to make it more realistic. Our focus for next month is to improve the damage model, Kryb has been working on improving the A-4 model (I.E. Wings destroyed if hit at).

MzvfVzU.jpg

HoggitDev Modtalk:

HsRsAbP.png

Merker has a few words to say on his side-project:

“For the past month I have been working on and off on building the famed USS Oriskany for DCS World. This is side project of mine in its very early stages of design. We hope that once the A-4 has been completed, we can consider adding this in to compliment it. For now, it is a just personal project of mine and my primary focus continues to be the cockpit."

Please make sure that you are followed to Merker6 on Twitch, he usually does weekly livestreams on the modelling of the A-4E cockpit, it’s a great way to learn how modelling is done;

Edited by LevelPulse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

People are mentioning that some of the images are loading up, here's in the album:

http://imgur.com/a/eVdnj

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

So thankful you guys are on this project and thanks for the update! Excited for this! FYI many of the pictures are not showing for me so may be a problem with the links. Thanks again!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

So thankful you guys are on this project and thanks for the update! Excited for this! FYI many of the pictures are not showing for me so may be a problem with the links. Thanks again!

Yes, a few of us are imgur challenged. It's being resolved as I type this...

Hoot!

Man those pics bring back memories.:thumbup: Can't recall the number of LAU1 rockets we loaded into the canisters as well as belting 20mm in the ordinance shack at NAS Fallon, NV. Boy, was I ever young back then.:music_whistling:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Amazing. Updates and progress like this even put some third party devs to shame. And it's free! Keep up the good work guys.

Please let's keep comments about other devs out of this thread.

Our updates look good because we're in the easy phases. Modeling and texture workflows are well understood, with plenty of forum examples. Once we start finalizing the plane's systems and push the limits of what we can do with an SFM, then you'll inevitably see us slow down as we run into the challenges that every other studio has faced.

What is the coding language used in DCS ? :\

LUA and C (Visual Studio 2013+)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs