A-4E By HoggitDev

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome progress

Thank you Hoggit Team!

Thanks Archer, all the positive feedback is welcoming to all members of our team!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Very excited about this project. Keep up the good work.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Humpless

We will do a list of requested skins that people want, this is one of them!

I respectfully add my vote for a hump-less bent probe variant. No doubt you guys are aware that the Blue Angels version was actually the Hump less "Z" bend re-fueling probe version. What you might not be aware of, is Jester's Aggressor bird in later part of the movie (Grey #53) was actually the A-4F prototype. Initially Having a sensor probe in the place of the refueler, this was later removed, and never replaced. So it is also possible to have a no probe Scooter.

I very much look forward to this aircraft, and can't wait to wrap some Aggressor paint around it!

P.S. Boeing will license any of its aircraft for a variety of purposes including recreational game use. It is very much possible to get a license for this aircraft if you wanted to persue this avenue. I have already inquired to our legal department about game license in general (not this project Specifically). The royalty based licensing agreement terms are negotiable.

-Woog

Edited by Woogey

Congratulatins guys, your are doing an outstanding job with this bird!

Is there any chance to get the versions without the "dorsal hump". A humpless version like the A4 B/C/Q, would be very appreciated as those are the ones which took part in Malvinas/Falklands 1982. Also during Middle East and Vietnam conflicts (not to mention other famous use as in Blue ANgles and also Top Gun film)

I'd love to see something like this:

[ame]

[/ame]

113_A4_bombas_malvinas3-1990-800-600-100.jpg

15cyj5f.jpg

300146_261122810596754_107010812674622_744595_1052334487_n.jpg

A4B's from Argentinas Air Force attacking and sinking HMS Coventry (May 25th 1982)

C26.jpg?4968

E55.jpg

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

I respectfully add my vote for a hump-less bent probe variant. No doubt you guys are aware that the Blue Angels version was actually the Hump less "Z" bend re-fueling probe version.

-Woog

The Blue Angels flew an A-4F variant called the Super Fox. It had a lot more visuals differences with the A-4E than just the bent probe and the lack of hump.

Same for A/B/C used in the Falklands.

What I'm saying is that removing the hump won't do a lot to fake other variants. If we want to do something nice, it would require a lot more work than just that. Not counting on the cockpit which would still be the same.

So we'll see about including other variants.

Edited by archimaede

Reasons we are going for the hump variant is because of TWO main reasons:

• It had a more powerful engine, J52-P8A engine
  • It has 5 pylons instead of three.

Hope that clears it up for you guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

I'm fine with any variant, as it will look good sitting on the carrier deck, along with the F-14, F-18, A-6, A-7... plus I could relive the old days watching A-10s and A-4s formation land at Willow Grove NAS JRB from when I was a kid back in the early 80s.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Whatever variant you do is good with me man. I just can't wait to fly it. :)

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Reasons we are going for the hump variant is because of TWO main reasons:

• It had a more powerful engine, J52-P8A engine
  • It has 5 pylons instead of three.

Hope that clears it up for you guys.

Those are A-4E Retrofit's

Where the Hump w/ the Extra Avionics and the J5P8A engine both Came from the A-4F, and were retrofitted into A-4E's late in their Service.

A-4E Had 5 Pylons regardless of the Hump and a J52-p6 Engine, 900 or so lbf less thrust.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Just go with the -F Then,... shrug..

Upgrade to J52-P-408 and Make a Blue Angels Livery, :p

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

We should probably just take whatever a group of people wants to put out for free and shut the hell up.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

While waiting for this A-4 to come out, if anyone wants to get this, I'll be your pilot 24/7... Also, it would be great if you guys did a TA-4J version with multi-crew to train others on carrier operations.

http://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/1419151/mcdonnell-douglas-ta4j-skyhawk

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

I know everyone's super excited, but there's just a half dozen of us or so ham-fisting our way through our first aircraft mod in our spare time on nights and weekends.

With the hours I've put in so far relative to the visible progress (and I'm not even the modeler!), i'm ready for Leatherneck or Razbam or someone to launch their A-4 so that I can just throw money at them for a finished plane.

We should probably just take whatever a group of people wants to put out for free and shut the hell up.

Haha it's alright, we know all of you have good intentions :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

After watching some videos, I wonder if the fragile nose gear will be on this A-4, where it'll collapse if the proper landing attitude isn't flown onto the deck.