Official Campaign thread

baltic_dragon

Yeah it's Mission 08. Thanks for looking into it!

Nevermind, I'm dumb. Forgot to calibrate my altimeter and was flying the mission at the wrong altitude. Thanks for looking into it! Hopefully you didn't waste much time on my account

Edited by gnomechild
New information

• 1 month later...

I think I found some bugs:

- Vaziani ILS freq in the kneeboard is listed as xxx.57 but I think thats a typo and should be xxx.75

- In M04 I have even with proper INS alignment a deviation in course and everything. Is this a bug? AWACS BRAs lead me into a wrong direction as well as everything else... don't know what to do as I have setup the INS properly from my point of view

On 5/29/2021 at 9:45 PM, YMadDog said:

I think I found some bugs:

- Vaziani ILS freq in the kneeboard is listed as xxx.57 but I think thats a typo and should be xxx.75

- In M04 I have even with proper INS alignment a deviation in course and everything. Is this a bug? AWACS BRAs lead me into a wrong direction as well as everything else... don't know what to do as I have setup the INS properly from my point of view

EDIT: doublechecked... something is really wrong. I did the INS alignment according to the manual and in M04 I get directed (WP1, 2, ...) in the wrong direction. Great... ILS freq is still wrong (108.57 instead of 108.75)

@baltic_dragon can you check this if you have time?

Edited by YMadDog

• 3 months later...

Hello, I'm having some trouble with the campaign.  I play the first mission, park where I'm supposed to, get the 'Mission Complete you can exit any time', I exit, I save track and debrief, close the window and I'm back on Mission 1 again.  The second mission doesn't pop up in the campaign at all.

Since I've played the campaign in the past on the beta version I know what it looks like to finish a mission and get the next one available to play.

I'm playing on the latest released version, no mods or anything - full vanilla.

Edit: I'm using DCS Updated/ GUI Utility by Skate Zilla in case it matters

Thank you very much for the help in advance

Edited by pn7a

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 10:31 AM, YMadDog said:

EDIT: doublechecked... something is really wrong. I did the INS alignment according to the manual and in M04 I get directed (WP1, 2, ...) in the wrong direction. Great... ILS freq is still wrong (108.57 instead of 108.75)

@baltic_dragon can you check this if you have time?

@baltic_dragon I am Struggling with M03, I found the same thing as @YMadDog in terms of frequency. I also can't for some reason get the ILS landing information to show up in the system (I don't know if its related to the frequency thing) I am fairly new, but I can do the ILS training 100%. Really appreciate any help anyone can give. I ended up passing the mission by crashing into the runway gently after using the map.

Edit: I hadn't switched to waypoint 7!!! Fixed! Sorry and thanks.

Edited by Skael

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there, 

In Mission #12, after shooting down the 2 bandits, I go back with Claw as requested ... and then nothing, they just turn around forever. They don't attack their target.

I tried it several times with no results. I even tried to shoot Berger's bandits. Didn't help.

I also ended up destroying Claw's target. The script didn't go on.

I already finished the mission more than a year ago, not sure what went wrong since then. 

Is it working correctly for anyone else?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys, 

Replaying the M2000 campaign recently and it still amazing today, i'm almost sad to be already half way through it.
I noticed in mission 06 and 07 at least coordinates of waypoints seems wrong, it seems like a recent bug since i saw youtube videos of it of 6-7 months old.

It's not easy to implement yourself sadely as the map doesn't display the last coordinates digit so you are usually far off.
Do you guys have similar issues ? Thanks ! 

EDIT : Hey thanks to the DMPS software that allow to create easily a data cartridge for the M2000 with the waypoints i managed to do the mission 06 !
The first 4 waypoints at least are correct then the mission will guide you on newer waypoints anyway 🙂
Here is the file for mission 06, you need to place it in C:\Users\*your name*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Datacartridges   and load it at the beginning of the mission by clicking on it twice, pretty well done i didn't know it was modeled already (Check DTC M2000 on youtube if you need help)

M2000_DTC.dtc

Edited by Tuturuu
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Dear Baltic @baltic_dragon,

I just finished the Mirage Caucasus Campaign and I have to say, it was one of the best experiences I had in DCS so far. The mix between training, peacekeeping missions and conflict going hot was very immersive, believable and driven very very well by the story and characters. I had tough time during some missions, damn those L39 in mission 10 gave me hell, I had to retry like 10 times and was so angry on myself that I am so weak against them. I had a good laugh when my character said, nah those were just trainers, they didn't stand a chance. Maybe against well trained fighter pilot, but man I had some trouble there.

Overall I learned a lot and definitely feel much competent in Mirage 2000C. By the way what happened to Berger? I was bit sad that I didn't find out at the end, I hoped to hear that he was found by the Georgians.

Thank you so much you are creating experiences like these in DCS, I am looking forward to start Raven One Dominant Fury, then getting back to Mirage for Red Flag and I am excited for the upcoming F16 and Harrier campaign. I am very grateful for what you bring to the sim.

Keep em coming!

Best,
Martin, Slovakia

Edited by thrston
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...