Trackir not working pls help

fyaruny

alright so, i have 1.5 version of the game and i cant seem to get trackir working.

I also have dcs world 2 Alpha and it works perfectly fine even with same trackir profile.

when i open dcs 1.5 my trackir 5 camera shows both leds green and when i go to options menu and click on axis tune on the trackir view controls i can see that the game recognizes my trackir and the axis are working fine, so why isn't it working when i jump into a cockpit ?

I have found that if I forget to turn on Track IR before I enter DCS I must completely exit DCS and turn it on. If I try to ALT TAB out to do it, it won't work. Maybe that's what you have been trying to do.

i am aware of that issue so i allways run trackir before i launch the game so thats not the problem.

thanks for the reply tho mate.

This is just an idea, since I have never had this issue with TIR but I have seen it from other controllers. If the controller's lua file gets corrupt in your Saved Games folder, this can happen.

I can't look at my system right now but from memory...

In your Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input there will be a folder for each aircraft and under that will be a set of folders for the controllers that aircraft has configured. One of those folders is for TrackIR but I don't remember what it is called. If you delete/rename that folder (or the file inside it), when you next go into the sim it will recreate the folder from the system default.

This may fix the problem but I make no promises.

EDIT: Fwiw, my TIR is always running since I don't turn the machine off and I only use it for flight sims.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is just an idea, since I have never had this issue with TIR but I have seen it from other controllers. If the controller's lua file gets corrupt in your Saved Games folder, this can happen.

I can't look at my system right now but from memory...

In your Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input there will be a folder for each aircraft and under that will be a set of folders for the controllers that aircraft has configured. One of those folders is for TrackIR but I don't remember what it is called. If you delete/rename that folder (or the file inside it), when you next go into the sim it will recreate the folder from the system default.

This may fix the problem but I make no promises.

EDIT: Fwiw, my TIR is always running since I don't turn the machine off and I only use it for flight sims.

Funny thing, i did this and now the Z axis got asigned to zoom view, the zoom view works with trackir but i tryed to clear the Z axis from zoom view and asign it to absolute longitude shift camera view (as it is suposed to be like moving my head forward and backward inside the cockpit) and it doesn't work now, the other axis are not working either, strange thing because when i tune the axis i can see the curves moving normaly like they should.

Ok guys i havent got it to work yet and i wont be able to access my computer for the next 3 days, but please feel free to post any ideas on how to get it to work and ill try them when i can get back on my computer.

Thank you very much

Reinstall trackir5. I had the issue too before. I uninstall ALL trackir 5 software with usb drivers. And then a new install and the issue was gone. Maybe a repair for dcs 1.5 may help too if this is not working.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Reinstall trackir5. I had the issue too before. I uninstall ALL trackir 5 software with usb drivers. And then a new install and the issue was gone. Maybe a repair for dcs 1.5 may help too if this is not working.

actually i got then chance to get on my computer today, i tryed to do this, delete software and drivers, reinstall, still no luck =(

this is pissing me off lol

• 2 years later...
Well guys, a complete reinstall of dcs solved my issue.

thank you all for the replys

This is a Crazy Thread Necro, But maybe will help someone else out. I had the same issue in the hornet. Turns out I had a slider assigned to Zoom view, and for whatever reason that rendered Track IR inoperable. I cleared the Slider association in keybinds and Track IR worked just fine.

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective