The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

That worked, thanks

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I wanted to say thanks as well.

I had a hard drive crash the other day.

It held my beta install.

I copied the release version to a new drive and renamed it beta.

Installed the utility and ran it.

1/2 hour later I had beta back running

and was able to fly the Viggen!

Brilliant!

Thank you!

Saved me hours of grief!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hey, just installed this very cool tool with the release of 1.5.6 OB update to branch. I guess I did something wrong. Now my DCS UI is very dark now after updating from 1.5.5 release to 1.5.6 OB.

This is at all times in the 2D

870bf3f8e32ddde0e410b00d275c6ee7.jpg

It's a very similar brightness to when the UI is loading information, like logging in or when you first click the modules button.

I'm not sure how to fix it. I've tried removing the .exe and repairing both with and without this tool. The brightness is correct once the 3D world loads. But in the 2D UI it's always this dark. I've been looking around and searching but haven't been able to find this issue anywhere else. Thanks.

Rename the /Saved Games/DCS/ Folder.

So after actually getting back on my computer again changing the options back to what I had them set too still causes the screen to dim. I renamed the saved games/DCS folder and the screen is fine. I add the options through the in game GUI and it's dim again. I'm going though now to try and figure out what option is causing it. But it still seems bugged.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

It's ticking the vsync box. Once I click it once the UI gets dim, unticking will not bring the original brightness back

• ED Team

It's a bug caused by anti-aliasing set to 8xQ. Set MSAA to any other value and restart DCS.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's a bug caused by anti-aliasing set to 8xQ. Set MSAA to any other value and restart DCS.

1e0e8a7fd99ecf7b4483afd8f6f9dbef.png

Thanks, that was it. My analysis was incorrect. DCS never restarted until I clicked the vsycn option.

Prelim Change Log for Next Update:

-Removed Auto Select of "Current Folder" in Script that chooses Current Folder Build if Detected,a s it was causing the App to Select Current Folder All the Time.

(Might Remove "Current Folder" Option Altogether, and just use the Text Box Folders for Release, Open Beta, Open Alpha, Custom 1 and 2, and Maybe add a 3rd Custom Slot).

-Moved "Current DCS Versions/DCS Updater Download" Web Link to the Useful Links Menu

-Merged Rotary Wing Modules w/ Fixed Wing, Renamed to Aircraft Modules

(I mentioned this was coming, as a Space Saving Function)

-Shifted Verify DCS Install Button from Top to Right Side above Folder Boxes, Since that button functions mainly to verify and display versions for those boxes, it makes sense to have them together.

-Shifted Alternate Functions (VR On/Off, Modelviewer closer together)

-Moved A-10C/Ka-50 License Type Selection Boxes to Upper Section Next to Build to Manage

-Reduced Size of Main Function Buttons

-Added Button "CLEAN",

(Unlike Repair, CLEAN Function Scans the Entire DCS Folder for Modified and Unofficial/Extra Files, and Prompts User to Keep, Delete, or Backup.)

-Under the Hood Adjustments to Code in Preparation of Merging Child Windows to Main, and Further Condensing

Other Items May Be Added to Changes Before next Release, and Further Changes to window size/re-size ability may come as well.

Further Adjustments to Child Windows (Condensing etc) Coming down the Line too.

However, W/ the List of Incoming Modules, I will have to Expand the Window Size to Full 1080p Soon to Keep Space for Modules SOON. Currently it's 1300x900

attachment.php?attachmentid=156387&stc=1&d=1486055067

DCS_Updater-029.thumb.jpg.4a3eb36e72d281251f5b8366aaf086c0.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

02-13-2017-1

-Removed Auto Select of "Current Folder" in Script that chooses Current Folder Build if Detected,a s it was causing the App to Select Current Folder All the Time.

-Moved "Current DCS Versions/DCS Updater Download" Web Link to the Useful Links Menu

-Merged Rotary Wing Modules w/ Fixed Wing, Renamed to Aircraft Modules

(I mentioned this was coming, as a Space Saving Function)

-Shifted Verify DCS Install Button from Top to Right Side above Folder Boxes, Since that button functions mainly to verify and display versions for those boxes, it makes sense to have them together.

-Shifted Alternate Functions (VR On/Off, Modelviewer closer together)

-Moved A-10C/Ka-50 License Type Selection Boxes to Upper Section Next to Build to Manage

-Reduced Size of Main Function Buttons

-Added Button "CLEAN",

(Unlike Repair, CLEAN Function Scans the Entire DCS Folder for Modified and Unofficial/Extra Files, and Prompts User to Keep, Delete, or Backup.)

-Under the Hood Adjustments to Code in Preparation of Merging Child Windows to Main, and Further Condensing

-Added A-10C Stone Shield Button

-Added A-10C Stone Shield DRM Button

-Added A-10C Stone Shield Checkbox

DCS_Updater-030.thumb.jpg.e1de5061e4cc2e99812f3706fd48a85e.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thanks for this great utility. Easy to use and well laid out.

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

Great looking utility!

Is there an option somewhere to de-activate products rather than going into each sub folder and running xxx_protect.exe?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

there's a DRM Button Next to each module icon, to run the protect exe for each module.

I wont enable running more than one Starforce Prompt at once.

But one could click drm box for a module, choose deactivate, finish, close, click a drm button for another repeat.

Ah, the key icon! Thanks a lot, didn't get what that did. Duh!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 weeks later...

app language or module language?

The App hasnt been Localized, so it will only display English

I downloaded the updater some time ago basically to make use of the vr none vr option works really well excellent application .

I just downloaded the application on a friends computer so he could advantage of this option. It all went well and recognises his modules but will not start the dcs application. Not sure why and have installed just the same as mine. I have checked it is run as administrator. It's a high end computer running Windows 10.

Any ideas what things I should check. Thanks very much for any help

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I downloaded the updater some time ago basically to make use of the vr none vr option works really well excellent application .

I just downloaded the application on a friends computer so he could advantage of this option. It all went well and recognises his modules but will not start the dcs application. Not sure why and have installed just the same as mine. I have checked it is run as administrator. It's a high end computer running Windows 10.

Check and make sure DCS.exe shows up on the TaskManager.

if it does, and then closes, then there's an Issue with the DCS install, review logs.

if it doesnt, then make sure it has access to the dcs.exe file,

Also, This is for ED's Distribution, not Steam, just in case.

No it is for EDs distribution but thanks I will check those thing out.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Same happened to me. What I realized, that I forgot to tick the right top button where you can chose between the builds (release or open alpha etc.) Once there was a option selected, the game started.

flankerrider

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5900X | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics | ASUS 1080 | Storage | Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", SSD, OPAL, SED) | SAMSUNG MZVPV512HDGL-00000 (512.1GB, PCIe3x4/NVMe, M.2, SSD, SED) Wheelbase | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheels | Fanatec Podium Classic | Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 | Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1 Monitor | LG 2560x1080 VR Headset | HP Reverb VR1000 2nd batch | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Recaro-seat (ex-Lancia) | MonsterTech Rig |

Hallo, i've got a real annoying Problem. It's not possible to update my DCS. There will come this message.

May someone help me.edab61a65769236ce91f1f2d399c6cd5.jpg

Gesendet von meinem BV6000 mit Tapatalk

I7 920 @ 3,8 GHZ , Zotac 1070 OC , PC Memory 16GB , Saitek X52 , VPP Pedals , G25 Rudder Pedals , DD wheel , DOF 3 Motion Simulator

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

This has, all of a sudden stopped working for me. It was working fine then I got the attached message. The first time I just hit continue and it started however it wont remember my install locations or installed modules. I have had no software or hardware changes and I'm running as admin. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Craig.

2017-03-30.thumb.png.023eb556d4a27ecd1a95ad3b68c754d7.png

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

Hi all,

This has, all of a sudden stopped working for me. It was working fine then I got the attached message. The first time I just hit continue and it started however it wont remember my install locations or installed modules. I have had no software or hardware changes and I'm running as admin. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Craig.

can you click the details box and copy/paste all the information?

This usually happens when its scanning for a specific DLL or file and it doesnt exist, renaming the GUI utility exe will cause an exception, as part of the code scans the exe itself to verify version number.

can you click the details box and copy/paste all the information?

This usually happens when its scanning for a specific DLL or file and it doesnt exist, renaming the GUI utility exe will cause an exception, as part of the code scans the exe itself to verify version number.

Here's the info you requested:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. (C:\Users\craig\AppData\Local\Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud\DCS_Updater_Utility.exe_StrongName_eyxzuj3cktofe3uzj1jdj4xy20o4mjbq\1.0.0.0\user.config line 1) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)

at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)

at DCSUpdaterUtility.My.MySettings.get_TextBoxValues()

at DCSUpdaterUtility.Form1.Form1_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

DCS Updater Utility

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.23.2017

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/craig/Desktop/DCS%20Updater%20Utility.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 14.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.6.1638.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1