The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Here's a screenshot of the folder.

Options.lua.Default Should Not Exist if DCS isnt Running, Delete it.

I will put a exception catch to stop from crashing if the Options.lua.Default still Exists after DCS Closes,.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi, I get a positive for virus from Bitdefender.

It says infected with "Variant.Ser.Johnnie.2761"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Same here: ty\DCS Updater Utility.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Ser.Johnnie.2761

Win10 x64 | ASUS Z390 E - Gaming | Watercooled Der8auer i7-8700K @ 5.0Ghz| 32 GB 3200MHz GSkill Trident Z | Watercooled GTX 1080 Ti | 4 x SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs |3 x Stream Deck XL, | TrackIR |

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | FC3 | F-5E | F-16C | AV-8B | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | MiG-21bis | MiG-15bis | Black Shark 2 | UH-1H | Persian Gulf | Nevada NTTR

Same for me - I suspect Bitdefender has gone a bit aggressive with an update but will wait to see

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I have submitted the files to Bitdefender to see why this has happened - it is now telling me about different malware so .....

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

(FIXED)Haven't been able to find an answer to this, but the updater will launch, but it disables all the menu options. So, I can't go into settings and select build, or do anything really. Any one else have this issue in the past?

I went in a deleted the skatezilla folder in app data/Local and re-ran the program and let it re-build the folder. Work's great now.

Edited by strike277

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

fixed with @Maxsenna's help!

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Still working on some code changes,

Also Need to re-write the version numbers fetching code and look for a new update process.

As of Right now:

App Update Check, Updating via app, DCS Server Check etc are now disabled.

Seems someone reported my App to my Webhost as malicious and they locked my account and they will not unlock it.

So to avoid this issue I'm removing references to external files from the app.

This means i have to re-code how the version number fetcher works, if I can simply pull text from a google drive file I would, and I also dont want to parse the update.DCS Website Directly to retrieve them.

Same for App Version/Update Check, and the files associated.

I will just have users come to the forum to download latest versions again.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Anyone else got a "offline" error in the app ??

And that all the updateservers are offline, but if I click refresh it finds them ?

Same here :huh:

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Still working on some code changes,

Also Need to re-write the version numbers fetching code and look for a new update process.

As of Right now:

App Update Check, Updating via app, DCS Server Check etc are now disabled.

Seems someone reported my App to my Webhost as malicious and they locked my account and they will not unlock it.

Makes you wonder who would be so malicious. Your app. is excellent and a real asset to the DCS community. Thank you for your hard work and dedication...:thumbup:

For me, It shows offline but will still update...not sure why. I did have to reinstall the software and the first time I tried to update nothing happened. I then hit refresh and all servers were online and I was able to update. Once I closed the software, and opened it up again, it says offline but still able to update.

Edited by Drac

For me, It shows offline but will still update...not sure why. I did have to reinstall the software and the first time I tried to update nothing happened. I then hit refresh and all servers were online and I was able to update. Once I closed the software, and opened it up again, it says offline but still able to update.

This is due to current startup code, it pings the webspace where the external files containing version numbers are stored, if there's no response it shows offline.

Next update will have revised code to remove the webspace ping and allow dcs servers ping to process..

Basically, I'm removing App version Check, App Updater, And Version Number Fetching, if I can parse cleanly the update.digitalcombatsimulator.com site or ping the servers to get a version number reply and parse that into text I will do that.

i had extra features working earlier this year, but it required several DLL files to be re-distributed w/ the App to function, and that would be a problem with users that simply drop it on their desktop, so I removed those features.

right now the priority is cleaning out the webspace references and Update/Version number fetching functions completely, then start rebuilding a new fetching function.

I have other things I plan on adding once I get the app back to a more stable state.

Main bugs being:

-Presets (Occasional Issues that don't seem to recover well or at all),

-Corrupted Position keeping off screen, will attempt an exception catch if position is above a specific value.

-A few file path issues.

And now this webhost references.

I just had something happen that I have never seen before. So, I don't know what to do. In opening the utility, it goes down to my task bar, and won't go full screen.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I just had something happen that I have never seen before. So, I don't know what to do. In opening the utility, it goes down to my task bar, and won't go full screen.
I've had it hide outside screen once in a while. Don't know if it is a Windows problem or app problem.

If you have same "issue" as me, do the following:

Select it on the Taskbar

Press "Alt + Space"

Use arrows down to "Move" and press Enter, then press arrow key left or right, and then it will be "hooked" to b your mouse, and you can drag it back to center of the screen, and manipulate it as usual.

Hope this help if you have a similar issue.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I've had it hide outside screen once in a while. Don't know if it is a Windows problem or app problem.

If you have same "issue" as me, do the following:

Select it on the Taskbar

Press "Alt + Space"

Use arrows down to "Move" and press Enter, then press arrow key left or right, and then it will be "hooked" to b your mouse, and you can drag it back to center of the screen, and manipulate it as usual.

Hope this help if you have a similar issue.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It must be something else. Thanks, though.

Anyone else seen this?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.