The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

On 5/14/2021 at 1:58 AM, SkateZilla said:

the VR_MODE Function does not apply to the Normal Launch Button, it's only part of the Launch VR ON/Function.

As for presets, once a preset is selected, launch DCS, Configure, exit. select another preset configure, exit, repeat as needed.

Thank you for this powerful tool! It's really a  great help, especially for those working with VR!

As for the presets, the don't work for me. I tried it with the launch button and also with the VR ON / VR OFF button. But it will always load the last settings i aplied in DCS. The log file also states (when i start DCS) that i am using the "default preset" although i selected a different one.

Edited by exil
typo

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

2 hours ago, RePhil said:

I installed and set the paths properly but there is no build version nor can I select oneScreenshot 2021-05-19 192922.png

Screenshot 2021-05-19 192817.png

What's the path under DCS World Patch? It's obviously not finding the DCS Install, hence the red square.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Found it I had it as eagle dynamics should have expanded that to DCS open beta thanks. Is there a way to uninstall and do a clean reinstall

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

in the first post on this thread

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Can someone confirm that presets are working? I tried everything as discribed by @SkateZilla but DCS only opens with the last set settings no matter what I do. 

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

Can the utility minimise to the system tray?  I would prefer it this way cause when I start DCS, I would have to swap to the Oculus app to enable fix the frame rate without ASW.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

7 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Can the utility minimise to the system tray?  I would prefer it this way cause when I start DCS, I would have to swap to the Oculus app to enable fix the frame rate without ASW.

App Settings Tab, Application Settings Section, 2nd Option to Minimize/Restore on DCS Launch

13 hours ago, exil said:

Can someone confirm that presets are working? I tried everything as discribed by @SkateZilla but DCS only opens with the last set settings no matter what I do. 

Presets are working correctly for me, please attach a zip of the application log file.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

1 hour ago, SkateZilla said:

App Settings Tab, Application Settings Section, 2nd Option to Minimize/Restore on DCS Launch

I am using the option described. Unfortunately, on Alt+Tab, the application still has a "handle" on the task bar. If an application is "minimised to system tray", there would be no icon/handle on the task bar. So I guess the answer to my original question is "no". It is kinda strange that Update Utility also has an icon in system tray at the same time.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

4 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

I am using the option described. Unfortunately, on Alt+Tab, the application still has a "handle" on the task bar. If an application is "minimised to system tray", there would be no icon/handle on the task bar. So I guess the answer to my original question is "no". It is kinda strange that Update Utility also has an icon in system tray at the same time.

I will have an Option to Keep in System Tray or Hide in System Tray when Minimized in the next build

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

I will have an Option to Keep in System Tray or Hide in System Tray when Minimized in the next build

Thank you!

16 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

Presets are working correctly for me, please attach a zip of the application log file.

Thanks for having a look. Here's the log file. I opend DCS with preset 1, then closed DCS. Then i opened it again with preset 3, made some changes and closed it again. And finally, i opened DCS with preset 1 again to see if the changes are effective but i had no joy. It opened DCS with the same settings as per preset 3.

DCS Updater Utility log file.zip

On 5/23/2021 at 1:40 AM, VFGiPJP said:

Thank you!

It's was integrated a while back, but removed as it was thought to be causing hidden window problems, which was found out to be a different issue altogether, so I will be re-enabling the system tray option in the system tray menu, it will show as "Hide App in Taskbar when Minimized", and will remove the app from ALT+TAB Windows as well.

• Like 1

Even bigger thanks!

so with DCS the first load can take a very long time, dependent on memory, processor and disk .. are you sure its not just taking a very long time? 

i would try a dcs repair from skates app

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

3 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

so with DCS the first load can take a very long time, dependent on memory, processor and disk .. are you sure its not just taking a very long time? 

i would try a dcs repair from skates app

Pop up says DCS has closed.

Many thanks for this outstanding piece of software!

Been using it since inception and is getting better every build.

best wishes to you SkateZilla!

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 5/25/2021 at 3:56 PM, speed-of-heat said:

run a repair

I have run a repair.  Many times. No effect. Even direct DCS launching won't launch DCS.

I want to update the skatezilla app to the latest version. Is there no website we can go to to download the latest skatezilla app version?

the first post in this  thread has the link for the latest app... 

Edited by speed-of-heat