The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

But you know how right? emoji6.png

Yup...kinda...

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Something is driving me crazy.

I play VR only but sometimes i start the game on 2D to change things (graphics options, DICE CMS profiles, controls) and then, when i start on VR, it´s just like i did nothing, looks like qhen i start DCS on VR is one profile and a diferent one on 2D.

I made  a preset, name "Default", i select the preset and when i start the game 2D it´s ok, but when i start VR automatically selects "VR headset" preset, anybody can help me?

Skatezilla.png

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Make an extra profile special for VR (hint, name it VR...). That works just fine.

That VR Headset profile after starting a DCS session in VR is something that bugs me too. It's confusing.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

When hitting the VR On Launch Button it auto switches to the VR Headset Profile.

Because users asked for a VR Headset Profile Separate from the other 4, and allow it to be customized.

If you want the options from Preset1-4 to be in the VR Headset settings, just copy/paste contents of Options.lua.Preset0x, to Options.lua.VR

As Mentioned before, App Managed Presets may get removed until I can clean up the under the hood functions of it.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On 6/13/2021 at 11:11 PM, SkateZilla said:

As Mentioned before, App Managed Presets may get removed until I can clean up the under the hood functions of it.

How will this work in the future then?

I now have 3 presets that i set in game, one for 2D offline play (1), one for 2D online play (2) and one for VR (3).

These match the profiles in the Updater Utility.

Problem with the profiles in game is that the latest used is always loaded.

So if i played 2D offline as last session, that profile will be loaded again on next start, even if i want to run it in VR with profile 3.

I then need to make the profile switch in game which can cause, depending on the settings, a restart.

This does not happen when using the Updater Utility, it loads the desired profile directly from the start which is a nice benefit imo.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 6/15/2021 at 9:34 AM, Lange_666 said:

How will this work in the future then?

I now have 3 presets that i set in game, one for 2D offline play (1), one for 2D online play (2) and one for VR (3).

These match the profiles in the Updater Utility.

Problem with the profiles in game is that the latest used is always loaded.

So if i played 2D offline as last session, that profile will be loaded again on next start, even if i want to run it in VR with profile 3.

I then need to make the profile switch in game which can cause, depending on the settings, a restart.

This does not happen when using the Updater Utility, it loads the desired profile directly from the start which is a nice benefit imo.

I'm working on re-writing the function, there's too many underlying issues with the current function as is, if it was more widely used, there'd be more reports, but I'm looking into alternate methods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

The big plus for me with your utility is that always the correct profile (if chosen offcourse) is loaded upon DCS start. No hassle.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 1:05 AM, SkateZilla said:

This function is already handled by Windows Core, it'd be a waste of code space to integrate on an app level.

Hi, I only found this app today and it looks awesome so far. But how exactly do I do this? With scheduled tasks? And is there a way to start it in the system tray, without a symbol on the taskbar?

2 hours ago, Cathnan said:

Hi, I only found this app today and it looks awesome so far. But how exactly do I do this? With scheduled tasks? And is there a way to start it in the system tray, without a symbol on the taskbar?

You can make any app, file, or folder start with Windows by adding it to the Windows “Startup” folder. Press Windows+R to open the “Run” dialog box. Type “shell:startup” and then hit Enter to open the “Startup” folder. Create a shortcut in the “Startup” folder to any file, folder, or app’s executable file.

There's also a setting in the app to have it started minimized, but that doesn't seem to work for mw, but I want it started normal anyway.

Cheers!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cathnan said:

In Windows 10:

Task Scheduler, 

Howdy,

I'm just now getting back into having broad band after about 4 years, I have a very early version of this, do I just toss it away, or can I just drop the EXE. in on top of the old version?

I totally gave up Simming, due to the size of downloads and and frequency of them, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, T_O_A_D said:

Howdy,

I'm just now getting back into having broad band after about 4 years, I have a very early version of this, do I just toss it away, or can I just drop the EXE. in on top of the old version?

I totally gave up Simming, due to the size of downloads and and frequency of them, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Hey TOAD best is to use the latest one as many things changed as you already know. If the program is out of date It sure screws your install big time so I always check when there is a big DCS changes.

Hope this helps

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There was one briefly, but webhosting reliability issue prompted me to remove it.

• Like 2

Start the updater utility and start DCS through the utility.

Then set your desired settings in DCS and quit, the utility will pop-up again and name your first preset and press apply.

Then start DCS again, change your settings, quit and name your second preset, press apply...etc...

Then if you want to start DCS with your desired preset, just select the wanted preset in the utility and start launch DCS (i never use the launch button, always VR ON or VR OFF depending what i want to do.).

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Start the updater utility and start DCS through the utility.

Then set your desired settings in DCS and quit, the utility will pop-up again and name your first preset and press apply.

Then start DCS again, change your settings, quit and name your second preset, press apply...etc...

Then if you want to start DCS with your desired preset, just select the wanted preset in the utility and start launch DCS (i never use the launch button, always VR ON or VR OFF depending what i want to do.).

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hello,

i'd like to install DCS: Marianas via the "DCS_updater.exe" command but i can't find the correct name of the module to install.

Do you know where i can find it please?

Edit found it : DCS_Updater install MARIANAISLANDS_terrain

Edited by Mitchos
Solved

Change log 1.1.0.1042 / 7.1.2021:
-Fixed Cross-Link Between Modules when scanning (Affected FC3)
-Added Keep In Taskbar/Hide to System Tray Option (This Option does not save/stick yet)
  Function is being re-coded, old code was just re-enabled.
-Adjusted Some ToolTip Descriptions
-Adjusted Tab Indexes

-Added Mi-24P Assets
-Added Fear the Bones Campaign Assets
-Added Mariana Islands Theatre Assets

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Change log 1.1.0.1042 / 7.1.2021:
-Fixed Cross-Link Between Modules when scanning (Affected FC3)
-Added Keep In Taskbar/Hide to System Tray Option (This Option does not save/stick yet)
  Function is being re-coded, old code was just re-enabled.
-Adjusted Some ToolTip Descriptions
-Adjusted Tab Indexes

-Added Mi-24P Assets
-Added Fear the Bones Campaign Assets
-Added Mariana Islands Theatre Assets
Thanks!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

how work custom launch scripts?

To launch DCS with VR and wireless on the quest 2 with virtual desktop I need to launch DCS through virtual desktop with a command like :

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "S:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe"

Any way to do that with this app?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Possible bug? I cannot click on the Marianas button to install module, with OB Server selected. I have to use "Select/Unselect All" button to select everything and unselect all but the Marianas to have it installed.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.