The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

launch it as a batch file ...  with the command and the arguments in the batch

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I have an odd thing going on, and not sure why.

My beta is looking at my Stock Saved game folder when in my game, but the this App says it should not be.

Is there a way to redirect it, other than using this program?

Thanks in advance

Desktop Screenshot 2021.08.09 - 17.24.34.12.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.08.09 - 21.40.08.55.png

Even renaming the DCS folder and firing up the Beta It creates a new DCS folder, What am I over looking here.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.08.09 - 22.08.40.85.png

Edited by T_O_A_D

dcs_variant.txt, place in DCS Main Folder

Put a word in there ie: BETA

and DCS will launch and create/use folder /Saved Games/DCS.BETA/

The App Doesn't Remap Saved Games Folders, it asks where the folder is to access data and create alternate profiles.

Changing the folder in the App will not change the folder DCS Utilizes.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

If it's disabled it's because Oculus nor SteamVR is detected, and DCS will launch using whatever default VR interface.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

1 hour ago, SkateZilla said:

If it's disabled it's because Oculus nor SteamVR is detected, and DCS will launch using whatever default VR interface.

how do I get SteamVR to be detected?  The updater log said it was detected I think....

1:22:28 PM: :Checking for SteamVR Software
1:22:28 PM: :Checking Default Paths
1:22:28 PM: :SteamVR Software Installed

Skate, 

First I have to say this is an incredible product! This makes hosting a server possible for my squadron! I want to thank you immensely! 

A question: how do I get a mission to end at a certain time to load the next? 

my goal is to have my server restart every 8 hours and rotate between 3 missions and represent a 24 hour day. 

mission 1 from 1000-1800

2 from 1800-0200

3 from 0200-1000 and back to mission 1 

thanks again! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, boombazookajd said:

Skate, 

First I have to say this is an incredible product! This makes hosting a server possible for my squadron! I want to thank you immensely! 

A question: how do I get a mission to end at a certain time to load the next? 

my goal is to have my server restart every 8 hours and rotate between 3 missions and represent a 24 hour day. 

mission 1 from 1000-1800

2 from 1800-0200

3 from 0200-1000 and back to mission 1 

thanks again! 

that would be something to ask in a dedicated server thread, my app has no control over missions/restarts.

23 hours ago, j9murphy said:

how do I get SteamVR to be detected?  The updater log said it was detected I think....

1:22:28 PM: :Checking for SteamVR Software
1:22:28 PM: :Checking Default Paths
1:22:28 PM: :SteamVR Software Installed

If you only have 1 of the VR Interfaces installed then the Ability to change between Oculus and SteamVR is disabled.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

that would be something to ask in a dedicated server thread, my app has no control over missions/restarts.

Got it. I just needed to put a once trigger, time more than (however long i want the mission in seconds) and an END MISSION. In your UI it rotates between the 3 missions i need to represent a 24 hour block of time as long as they are the only 3 missions in the list. 

Hi SkateZilla,

firstly thanks for this awesome app. It allowed me to enjoy DCS much more than I was prior to using it.

May I ask a question re Oculus Mirror configuration?

What do the four rendering options do? Is a lower resolution setting for the mirror likely to improve vr fps? What is their impact on performance?

-Rectilinear Both Eyes (Both Eyes With Out Distortion)

-Post Distortion (Both Eyes With Distortion)

-Left Eye Only (Left Eye Only)

-Right Eye Only (Right Eye Only)

Thanks again.

Hey Everyone, Fairly new to DCS but been running the Updater since the beginning. Forgive the possibly stupid question, but I’m running version 5….. and see that version 7 is current. without losing anything, just want to know the process to update to the latest version? Thanks in advance!

Just start the new version. But you have to reconfigure everything, because in one version the file structure of the settings file was changed without an automatic migration.

• Like 1

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Every setting of the Utility.

But you can run both versions parallel. So you don't need to hurry the configuration of the new version.

And you can open both versions at the same time to compare and configure the settings.

• Like 1

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

i have weird bug the last couple of days, since i've updated to the current version of the app.

Whenever I launch DCS in VR, steamvr crashes exactly when DCS main menu is finished loading. it's not happening when i launch with the DCS.exe.

i tried launching using the previous version and now it happens with it as well. 

Any ideas? 

Edited by ZedTank

Probably my not looking hard enough but is there a button/link to update the utility from within the utility or is there a download link somewhere?

Thanks

1 minute ago, SpiffnZ said:

Probably my not looking hard enough but is there a button/link to update the utility from within the utility or is there a download link somewhere?

Thanks

No worries - looking at page 1 answered my question! - told you I hadnt looked hard enough!!!!!

Intel i7 12th gen 3.61 GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32gb Hyper X fury ddr5, Rift S

13 hours ago, ZedTank said:

i have weird bug the last couple of days, since i've updated to the current version of the app.

Whenever I launch DCS in VR, steamvr crashes exactly when DCS main menu is finished loading. it's not happening when i launch with the DCS.exe.

i tried launching using the previous version and now it happens with it as well. 

Any ideas? 

Check App Permissions Level, as well as DCS and SteamVR Permissions Level.

• Like 1

Sorry for delay in next build w/ Newest campaign, a bunch of under the hood things being done:

-Re-organizing code (Moving Sections closer to each other so additions are easily managed)
-Condensing more functions (There's a few functions that link back and forth, and are redundant now),
-Cleaning out old functions no longer needed or didnt work properly. (Some functions added to code that didnt work properly and were disabled but not removed)
-Adjusting UI Appearance Scheme
-Cleanup of Launch Functions in preparation of a re-code (Launch Functions being re-coded to accomodate future expansions of launch flag/options).

-Evaluation of all Functions to determine if they need cleanup or re-written. (especially expansion functions like Presets)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1