The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

1 hour ago, SkateZilla said:

-Evaluation of all Functions to determine if they need cleanup or re-written. (especially expansion functions like Presets)

Please keep the presets, they have one big advantage over the ingame presets.

Example:

In game preset 1: VSync On

In game preset 2: VSync Off

The game always boots with the last preset set. If it's preset 1 with VSync ON and i then choose preset 2, DCS will restart to make the change.

However, if i load DCS through the Updater Utility and select a preset, it will directly load the one i want without the need of a restart in case like a VSync switch.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

4 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Please keep the presets, they have one big advantage over the ingame presets.

Example:

In game preset 1: VSync On

In game preset 2: VSync Off

The game always boots with the last preset set. If it's preset 1 with VSync ON and i then choose preset 2, DCS will restart to make the change.

However, if i load DCS through the Updater Utility and select a preset, it will directly load the one i want without the need of a restart in case like a VSync switch.

Presets arent leaving, just evaluating some of the issues to see if I can fix with a cleanup of code or re-write the code to resolve issues.

I was testing an option.lua parser that opened the options.lua into the app, and you can change settings, hit save and launch and launch with new settings, but the issue is with aircraft specific settings, they are dynamic to each install, so everything out of the base settings was constantly reset.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On the subject of presets, is there a way to name them?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Under the app settings tab you can name them directly:

image.png

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Stupid question: I have a DOS/Win batch file I wish to run before or after running DCS in VR mode. How should I do this in one go?  Thanks in advanced.

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Out of interest, what does the batch file do?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

2 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Stupid question: I have a DOS/Win batch file I wish to run before or after running DCS in VR mode. How should I do this in one go?  Thanks in advanced.

Copy / paste the contents in to the customer launch scripts text box and check the checkbox above it??

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

The batch file attempts to force Rift/Quest to 30fps, set FOV multiplier to 1 and turn off the stencil. edit: if it works I am going to share it in the VR forum.

5 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

Copy / paste the contents in to the customer launch scripts text box and check the checkbox above it??

Let me give it a try, thanks.

edit: the batch file runs before DCS, which is good. But if I want to run the batch file after DCS started, would it be possible? I have mapped the batch file to a custom app launch button so all I need is to switch out and run the script. I am just lazy and wish to have the script run in one go. Let me explain: Oculus some how switch automatically to ASW Auto mode when DCS starts, regardless of what I do before starting. So I wish to revert the settings with a batch file after DCS launches.

Thank you.

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I have an issue with launching in VR. If I launch DCS without the DCS Updater Utility, it launches fine, in portrait aspect ratio of one eye. However if I launch via the utility, it is fullscreen in 16:9 ratio and I cannot exit fullscreen either with alt-enter or by enabling/disabling it in the graphics options. Changing any of the options in the VR rendering config doesn't seem to do anything, other than (maybe) render resolution. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

image.png

Screen_210915_110814.png

image.png

Edited by wazzerbosh
delete duplicate photo

What if you leave Rendering Type and Rendering Size empty?

image.png

On 9/15/2021 at 12:50 PM, Lange_666 said:

What if you leave Rendering Type and Rendering Size empty?

image.png

That's for if you launch Oculus Mirror, it will use Default Settings from Oculus.

Next Version will be a ways away,

Under the hood re-write of some scanning, and adjustments to UI Layout and graphics.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:01 PM, SkateZilla said:

Next Version will be a ways away,

Under the hood re-write of some scanning, and adjustments to UI Layout and graphics.

Really appreciate this tool as a server operator and skin maker.

While using the Model Viewer my liveries tool doesn't appear or is off screen, restarting the MV/Utility/System doesn't reset its position, where is that position stored so I can manually move it back to a 'good' location?

Also the MV seems to be rendering at a lower resolution ( ie 1080 on a 4k screen ) even when maximized.

Thanks

Ebein, CAG VFA-106 Gladiators

Ebein

Commander VFA-106 Gladiators

Modules : all but I-16.

Rig: Ryzen 2700x, 32gig 3200 ddr4 ram, Aorus 2080 TI, 512gb + 1tb SSD + 2x5TB raid HD

Controls: Vive sometimes TrackIR, Virpil AlphaR + Virpil Throttle, MFG crosswind pedals, Cougar MFDs, A-10 UFC

2 hours ago, Ebein said:

Really appreciate this tool as a server operator and skin maker.

While using the Model Viewer my liveries tool doesn't appear or is off screen, restarting the MV/Utility/System doesn't reset its position, where is that position stored so I can manually move it back to a 'good' location?

Also the MV seems to be rendering at a lower resolution ( ie 1080 on a 4k screen ) even when maximized.

Thanks

Ebein, CAG VFA-106 Gladiators

Saved Games/edModelViewer2/ usually, or in the DCS.<BRANCH> folder.

<user>\Saved Games\edModelViewerTrunk\Config\ModelViewer2.json  

Just changed docked to true and im back in business, thanks!

Ebein

Commander VFA-106 Gladiators

Modules : all but I-16.

Rig: Ryzen 2700x, 32gig 3200 ddr4 ram, Aorus 2080 TI, 512gb + 1tb SSD + 2x5TB raid HD

Controls: Vive sometimes TrackIR, Virpil AlphaR + Virpil Throttle, MFG crosswind pedals, Cougar MFDs, A-10 UFC

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, please note that I am not a coder, so the impact or scope of what I ask is totally unknown to me. Have you considered integrating a mod manager into your utility? I love your current utility, but like so many i am now in the morass that is VR optimisation and the head scratching information that goes along with it. This along side of finding that there are Naval mods has quietly blown my mind and has me stuck in analysis paralysis.

EG I sat down 4 hours ago to have a practice flight after getting some tips from YouTube. Not only have I not had a flight but the first video I watched again launched me off into a thousand other directions, lol. 

• Like 1

Not in the short term plans, it's def. on the long term list along with options.lua parsing opening, editing, saving.

• Like 2

Hi I am having a strange issue which I am not able to tackle.

I am running the DCS updater Build 7.1.2021 and have two slots with DCS Open.Beta Builds. They are basically the same (copied) builds, but with the distinction;

#1 - All Mods enabled

#2 - Clean - Only IC Pass mods enabled

I am using OVGME to add/remove the Mods.

The strange thing is that for both slots the folder paths are correct in the App.Settings tab (green status), but for some reason DCS is not recognizing the mods that are installed in Slot #1. When I remove and re-add the mods with OVGME, it does not work.

How can I troubleshoot this? Thanks for the help

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

This has stopped working for me this morning, probably more than just a coincidence that this error has just started when the new update is out? Has something changed on the backend?

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

4 minutes ago, jalfrezi said:

This has stopped working for me this morning, probably more than just a coincidence that this error has just started when the new update is out? Has something changed on the backend?

what stopped working the app ? it was working for me yesterday ... ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

My bad, I tweaked the name of the exe which broke it, changing it back has fixed it.

• Like 2

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

Hi @SkateZilla

As I have the disk space, I'm planning to set up an additional DCS Openbeta installation and then use your utility to manage different versions in both.

I've never tried this before or used your utility so I'd really appreciate it if you could please confirm a couple of things for me..

1. I need to initially follow the "dcs_variant.txt" file method steps described in your DCS Updater thread to create the additional install from a copy of my existing one ?

2. Assuming the above, does that create a new "default" saved games DCS folder, or does it create a copy of my existing saved games settings ? I.E. will it copy existing config/aircraft/liveries mods etc across ? If not I guess I can just replace the default one with my existing saved games DCS folders ?

3. Presumably then I just need to run your GUI and introduce both install locations to it ?

4. Then I can update each install seperately using your GUI ?

Thanks in advance

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards