The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

8 hours ago, VeeSPIKE said:

The Updater generates a log file in your Saved Games folder. Check that to see if there is anything specific going on.

The Updater has run fine for me since the last DCS update.

Hey thanks for the reply. Checked that and nothing. I’m running it on and have been for the past year and a half on windows server 2016 standard. 
not sure why all of a sudden it’s doing this. 

i literally had it going up until yes turn when I restated it. 

suggestions please 

wood 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/16/2016 at 11:18 AM, SkateZilla said:

Troubleshooting:

-In the event the App's Config File is Corrupted, You Can Delete it by Deleting the Following Folder:

/<Username>/Appdata/Local/Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud/

Newer Versions Use a new Folder:
/<Username>/Appdata/Local/Skate_Zilla_Simulations/

This fixed the issue. Thanks 

Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm in the process of trying to get DCS VR working well, and the guide says to use the Skatezilla tool before I do anything. I'm having an issue though - when I run the Clean function to ensure everything is setup right, I get the error:

1:34:57 PM: :Cleaning DCS World
1:34:57 PM: : #### EXCEPTION ####
1:34:57 PM: : DCS_Updater.EXE is Missing Or Corrupt

My setup is:

Clean install of Windows 10, all updates and drivers current as of 15/5/22

DCS - Steam install, stable build

Installed to C:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld

Saved games at C:\Users\benne\Saved Games\DCS

Skatezilla app is correctly configured for Slot #1 build folder path and saved game path - get the two green boxes. I have selected the build in the "Select Build:" drop down box.

Any ideas why this utility does not find this file for my Steam install of DCS? 

On 1/16/2016 at 12:18 PM, SkateZilla said:

Application Goal is to Provide a GUI for Users as an Alternative to Complex Command Prompt Command Lines.

(Note: this utility is for the Eagle Dynamics' Distribution of DCS World, It will not function w/ the Steam Distribution)

The Utility is not written for Steam's System, 
Update, Repair, Clean, Install/Uninstall Functions will not work with Steam Distribution as that build does not use DCS_Updater.exe, and is not included, since the Steam UI Manages builds.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

"- Place EXE in a Folder (X:/<>/DCS Updater Utility/), Do Not Place in your /DCS World/ Folder."

this is unclear to me, i can't get the updater to work.

Where should i put the EXE? I keep getting the error "DCS_updater.exe is missing or corrupted", i just want to do a clean.

NVM; i'm on steam edition, maybe write in the intro that it won't work for Steam. would have saved me a lot of time.

Edited by Rons91

Ryzen5 3600X // RTX2060super // 32GB DDR4

Thrustmaster T16000M // Oculus Rift S

they should NOT let me fly, no joke :smartass:

2 hours ago, Rons91 said:

"- Place EXE in a Folder (X:/<>/DCS Updater Utility/), Do Not Place in your /DCS World/ Folder."

Where should i put the EXE? I keep getting the error "DCS_updater.exe is missing or corrupted", i just want to do a clean.

NVM; i'm on steam edition, maybe write in the intro that it won't work for Steam. would have saved me a lot of time.

Doesn't matter where you put it. 

What's important is if you've set it up and pointed it to the correct DCS folders. 

Cheers! 

Hi,

is it possible to set the System setting (Low, medium, High, VR, Costum 1, 2 or 3) for each start?

For example: If i press "VR off" it starts with "Costum 3", if i press VR on it starts with "Costum 1".

Now it starts with the last used profile, so if i switch from 2D to VF i have to start the game twice...

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

Yes, use the Custom Presets under the App Settings tab.
Run the updater, start DCS, set your settings in DCS, quit and set a preset name for it.
Repeat for more presets.
When done, these are available under Select Preset on the main page of the updater.

image.png

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Hi there,

it has been a while that i've played DCS but i am now going to do a restart 🙂 i did a lot research but could not find an answer if/how it is possible to put the download folder for e.g.  Update activities to a different disk. I do not want to use W10  "links". 
thx much!

cheers

flex

23 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Yes, use the Custom Presets under the App Settings tab.
Run the updater, start DCS, set your settings in DCS, quit and set a preset name for it.
Repeat for more presets.
When done, these are available under Select Preset on the main page of the updater.

image.png

Thanks. Can i delete the not needed Presets so that only apear my 2?

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

I don't think so, if i'm correct they are re-created when you delete them.

• Thanks 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Question to all: anyone knows how to add OBS Studio to the Custom Application section?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:06 AM, Rons91 said:

Literally the 5th Line under the header image in Post #1 of the thread:

(Note: this utility is for the Eagle Dynamics' Distribution of DCS World, It will not function w/ the Steam Distribution)

On 6/2/2022 at 8:47 AM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Question to all: anyone knows how to add OBS Studio to the Custom Application section?

browse to the folder that "obs64.exe" and select it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I found this and I think it explains my question:  Tell Skatezilla to use the SteamVR interface (under "rendering driver"), but make sure you have WMR set NOT to start SVR, and make sure you aren't starting DCS with the --force_steam_vr argument.

It looks like I would still start DCS using the DCS Updater using the SteamVR rendering driver.  Bu not start SteamVR when WMR starts.  Does this make sense?

Setting the Rendering Driver to SteamVR automatically adds "--force_steam_vr" variable to the DCS.exe process.start command issued when clicking Launch VR ON Button.

Edited by SkateZilla

On 6/10/2022 at 1:44 AM, SkateZilla said:

Setting the Rendering Driver to SteamVR automatically adds "--force_steam_vr" variable to the DCS.exe process.start command issued when clicking Launch VR ON Button.

@SkateZillaBut that variable only works for Launch VR ON not for plain Launch (regardless if in the DCS settings VR is enable), correct?

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Yes.

• Thanks 1

I will look into an OXR method, as rewriting core is still ongoing, 

As of Right now, Simple Launch button using profile that has VR Enabled (thus not using VR ON/ VR OFF/ STEAMVR variables) should allow DCS to launch with OpenXR.

Edited by SkateZilla