The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Operation Piercing Fury Campaign Button use tooltip text from Museum Relic Campaign Button ? :)

Thanks, Fixed:

v9-19-2016-2

-Fixed Operation Piercing Fury Campaign Button ToolTips

-Revised The Museum Relic Campaign ToolTips

-Fixed Broken Code Chain in Copyright Line

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt forget about adding new icons/buttons.

I am in the middle of cleaning up all the icons and moving a few things around,

Hopefully new build this weekend.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

v10-06-2016-1

-Added A-10C Advanced Flight Qualification Campaign Button

-Added A-10C Advanced Flight Qualification Campaign Check Box

-Added A-10C Advanced Flight Qualification Campaign DRM Button

-Shifted Checkboxes to the Left of the Module Button w/ the DRM Buttons

-Refined all the Module Button Icons.

-Removed "DCS Series" Logo

attachment.php?attachmentid=149426&stc=1&d=1475727292

DCS_Updater-020.thumb.jpg.44edbff0e8a0a8dd3fe6e17038039901.jpg

v10-06-2016-2

-Fixed Mislink in Code for A-10C BFT Campaign Detection

-Fixed Mislink in Code for A-10C AFT Campaign Detection

Great utility.

I have a few questions though :

1. Is there a way to not display the dcs version and the fact that it founds the updater, and just display the message if the updater is not foud? Maybe you could instead of this popup window display the version number on the big window.

2. If I have two dcs world installs, the normal and the v2 alpha, do I have to put two versions of this utility, one in each folder?

3. My dcs install has a few planes installed (saber, p51D, huey, A10) but the updater does not check those modules, and if I click on the key it asks to register the modules. But the modules are already installed and activated on my computer.

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

1. no idea

2. yes, one in each and shortcuts (if you want on the desktop)

3. they are already active, clicking the key will disable them, hover over the icon for the module, active modules the pointer wont change, if not active it makes a pointy finger and when you click it it'll download & install if you own it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Great utility.

I have a few questions though :

1. Is there a way to not display the dcs version and the fact that it founds the updater, and just display the message if the updater is not foud? Maybe you could instead of this popup window display the version number on the big window.

2. If I have two dcs world installs, the normal and the v2 alpha, do I have to put two versions of this utility, one in each folder?

3. My dcs install has a few planes installed (saber, p51D, huey, A10) but the updater does not check those modules, and if I click on the key it asks to register the modules. But the modules are already installed and activated on my computer.

Thanks

1. I can remove it, but I left the prompt so you know which install it's using.

2. Yes, put one in each install folder, send shortcuts to desktop and re-name.

3. the key Icon is to launch the Starforce Panel to Activate or De-Activate Modules, it's only needed if you need to de-activate before a hardware upgrade/change, then re-activate again.

1. I can remove it, but I left the prompt so you know which install it's using.

The popup is nice but once you dismiss it you don't know which version you are dealing with I sometimes will fire up both and once I've dismissed the popup I'll forget which is which and will have to close them and restart them. Adding the version information somewhere on the large display would be nice.

I'm a Bum I'll fly with anyone!

The popup is nice but once you dismiss it you don't know which version you are dealing with I sometimes will fire up both and once I've dismissed the popup I'll forget which is which and will have to close them and restart them. Adding the version information somewhere on the large display would be nice.

Click the Verify DCS.exe Button and the same pop up will come back up.

Displaying Version Number is on my to-do list, but Visual Studio is being picky when i tell it to put it in a text field, it either doesnt work or fails to compile.. lol.

I don't like the popup because it add one more step before launching dcs as we have to dismiss the popup...

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

I don't like the popup because it add one more step before launching dcs as we have to dismiss the popup...

I Got a function working on the Internal Testing build that will display the same information from the pop up as text in the main updater utility now.

The only thing I haven't gotten to work is the LUA Parsing to retrieve the branch.

So possibly by the next public version, the pop ups box at launch will be removed if the application detects the dcs.exe and dcs_updater.exe files, if not you'll get the same pop up warning it did not detect the files and all buttons will be disabled.

That will be great, thanks

Change Log for upcoming Version so far, and Preview Screenshots:

-Removed on Launch DCS/DCS_Updater EXE Status Prompts

-Moved Affiliation Disclaimer to Bottom

-Added Back License Keys Notice

(This was due to both Removing the Prompts that contained the line previously, and users assuming they can download, install and use the module w/o license key)

-Added Code to Form Load DCS/DCS_Updater EXE Check

-Added Green Light and Red Light Graphics to Status Code of EXE Check

-Moved On Launch Prompt Text to Single Text Line on Top Edge Next to Red/Green Light

Still Need to:

-Adjust Working and Format of Single Line Text for EXE Detection.

-Convert Verify Button Prompts to Single Line Text Code, Link Red/Green Status Light Code.

-Remove Prompts from Verify .EXE Button

Debating if I want to add Red/Green Status Lights to each module (Would take up a lot of space).

attachment.php?attachmentid=149999&stc=1&d=1476213074

attachment.php?attachmentid=150000&stc=1&d=1476213074

DCS_Updater-022.thumb.jpg.860b173da4274869b19487272f7f309e.jpg

DCS_Updater-021.thumb.jpg.56b0cbe88a4036b18b7362be483c820a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So when will this new version be out? :)

Something that could be great as well would be a standalone app, I mean one that does not require to have a copy in each dcs world version folder, and that let us choose if we want to launch the normal or alpha version ^^

So we would have only one dcs updater gui app to launch both versions...

And thanks again for this wonderful utility ^^

PS: an idea would be also that when you click on "launch dcs" it automatically closes this GUI, not just minimizing it. Today I noticed I forgot to close it with multiple dcs world launches and I had several instances running...

Edited by harf4ng

Reverting from 2.0.3 update #2?

Will this updater/revert-er work with DCS 2.0.3? I want to revert to the previous version of DCS 2.0.3 before the latest update #3 as it became unplayable in the F-15C when applying throttle or rudder axis. I tried to revert the old fashioned way with a command prompt, but it said previous version was unavailable.

Thanks!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Will this updater/revert-er work with DCS 2.0.3? I want to revert to the previous version of DCS 2.0.3 before the latest update #3 as it became unplayable in the F-15C when applying throttle or rudder axis. I tried to revert the old fashioned way with a command prompt, but it said previous version was unavailable.

Thanks!

If the version isnt stored on the server anymore, then it's unavailable to update too.

So when will this new version be out? :)

Something that could be great as well would be a standalone app, I mean one that does not require to have a copy in each dcs world version folder, and that let us choose if we want to launch the normal or alpha version ^^

So we would have only one dcs updater gui app to launch both versions...

And thanks again for this wonderful utility ^^

PS: an idea would be also that when you click on "launch dcs" it automatically closes this GUI, not just minimizing it. Today I noticed I forgot to close it with multiple dcs world launches and I had several instances running...

- When I finish cleaning up and testing the code for new functions

- Unifying the App to launch all versions would require additional code (to define the location of each install) that I haven't gotten to the stage where it works yet, and it would be Release, Beta, Alpha, Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3 etc. Once I get that underlying Code to function properly, every button and checkbox will need to be updated.

I wouldn't expect the 2nd item anytime soon, due to the complexity of the code changes required after getting the base underlying commands and strings to function properly.

Edited by SkateZilla

If the version isnt stored on the server anymore, then it's unavailable to update too.

Bummer. That's what seemed to be the problem. I wish they could sort out that F-15C axis/fps killing problem.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Today I successfully coded and tested basic function of multiple paths.

Meaning I Set 4 Text Boxes and 4 Folder Browse Dialog Boxes,

Set A Command Button to Process Variable from textbox + DCS COMMAND EXE

So,

Checkbox 1 = TextBox 1 Text / Path

Checkbox 2 = Textbox 2 Text / Path

Etc etc.

Checkbox 1 Checked + Button Click Runs the Command In Specified Folder.

Also Integrated File Check so TextBox Text/Path + DCS_Updater.exe file must exist for check box to be Enabled.

So I plan to Have a few check boxes (might move them to a Combo or List box depending on Layout.

Default / Current Folder

Release

Open Beta

Open Alpha

Custom 1

Custom 2

Where user will be able to specify for all except Current folder.

This will take extensive testing and code re-write for many buttons, if not all of them.

Also, Text Boxes for Paths will save on application exit.

The Issue Im battling is layout to save space without making the window larger, or making another form window..

Edited by SkateZilla

After a Few more hours, Ive gotten a Dropdown menu working, with file checks to disable options that do not detect the dcs files.

IE,

Current Folder

Release

Open Beta

Open Alpha

Custom 1

Custom 2

with Folder Browse Boxes and Text Boxes for the Link to the DCS World Main Folder,

You could either browse and select folder or type link in manually, then click verify button and a red or green icon will show along with version number.

If files arent detected, the option is removed from the drop down menu.

In the process of converting the code for all the buttons on the main window,

Then I have to import the settings to alternate Window (Advanced Updater and Video Module Windows).

Preview of Updated Layout:

The main 11 Buttons on Top are already Re-Coded,

Now all that's left is the Individual Module Bottons and DRM Buttons.

Note: I had the Same Install Linked under all the Options,

User can Browse for DCS World Folder, or they can copy/paste the path from a shortcut

After Setting Folders, and Verifying Green Lights, User will Have to Close the App to Save and Re-Open,

Currently I have code to Add/Remove Build options when clicking verify access button, but clicking it 5 times will put 5 copies in the drop down box, lol.

Edit: Duplicate Entries Problem Resolved, So Basically user can Continue to use Same Folder Method, or Enter Paths, Choose Verify, and then choose build or current folder.

if DCS Updater and EXE Files do not Exist at the locations, options will be removed from DCS Build Menut o prevent executing path that doesnt exist.

And While I'm Re-Coding Form Load Detection Logic and Individual Button Logic,

I'll Also add Red/Green Lights Next to Modules (A-10C/A-10C RU, KA50/KA50RU/KA50UP/KA50UPRU Will Share and Flaming Cliffs will Make A-10A, SU27, SU25A and F-15A Go Green as well), buttons will no longer be locked when detected as installed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=150912&stc=1&d=1477967531

DCS_Updater-023.thumb.jpg.c76548cbf49644ff5cc8380fd9f99e12.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Awesome, You are Priceless. thanks for the great effort to make DCS that more enjoyable.:thumbup:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

as eager as I am to get this done, it's gonna be a few weeks minimum,

as my hand has been in a splint all week due to hockey injury to thumb.

basically i'm typing one handed and using code shortcuts as much as possible (ie predictive/auto correct),

but even then it's slow going, plus it's a LOT of underlying code re-write and a LOT of testing before I decide to push it out the door.

all I can say is thank god for google voice to text plugin on chrome and my phone.

Along with Condesing Code for buttons, I plan to condense Windows Down to 1,

So When ADV Panel is Chosen, Other Icons will Hide, Adv Panel will Appear, Same for Video Training, Etc.

1. I bought FC3 and in training menu for FC3 there are VDO training tracks only for Su-27. I download VDO training for F-15C from the menu but there is no training track for F-15C added in the training menu.

2. My friend bought F-15C and had F-15C training track in the training menu but when he bought FC3 later the training track for F-15C disappear.

3. If my friend can reinstall the F-15C VDO training track from this utility means that this VDO training track will only available to one who bought F-15C but not available to one who bought FC3 even though F-15C is include in FC3. Why?