NATO airbase Merzifon Mod version 1.1

666th_birdy

Hello all,

Version1.1 of SwingKids' and Alfas' Nato airbase Merzifon mod, is available for download in the news section of our website http://666th.co.uk/news/

Press the 'download' link at the top of the page.

This version is ModMan5 compatible and replaces runway-allocation files and scenery files. If you have ANY mods installed that effect the same files, you should remove that mod first using Modman.

Please read the skreadme.txt file for more details. This file also containt info for users that want to install each file manualy.

Proceed as follows when mentioned mods are installed:

• Merzifon Mod v1: Uninstall all files using Modman.
  • Western style runways mod: Uninstall all files using Modman.
  • Birdy's scenery mod v1.1: Remove the *.SCN files in folder lockon\bazar\terrain\scenes and replace them with the original ones.
  • Naval super mod: Remove the *.SCN files in folder lockon\bazar\terrain\scenes and replace them with the original ones.

Have fun.

Birdy

ablogogs0.jpg

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

very nice, a couple question though

1.) Any improvements to the scenery compared to your Birdy's scenery mod v1.1?

2.) I do not wish to install Western style runways mod or Naval super mod, is there a way to just improve the scenery alone?

3.) What is Merzifon Mod v1? I'm not familiar with it, what does it do.

Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

very nice, a couple question though

1.) Any improvements to the scenery compared to your Birdy's scenery mod v1.1?

2.) I do not wish to install Western style runways mod or Naval super mod, is there a way to just improve the scenery alone?

3.) What is Merzifon Mod v1? I'm not familiar with it, what does it do.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for any confusion guys I'll try to make things clear:

1.) No, the scenery is the same. But since Merzifon has been added I did add trees and stuff around this airbase. All other airbases are exactly the same as my scenery mod version 1.

2. ) the Merzifon mod version 1.1 installs ONLY the Merzifon airbase. I mentioned the Nato & western-runway mods since the Merzifon mod will effect the installation of these mods.

3.) Merzifon mod version 1 moves Raznadolye airbase to turkey, representing the Nato airbase Merzifon. Thats all. Version 1.1 adds all my scenery additions plus trees around Merzifon

@Luke97: If you allready deleted the original Lockon scenery files then simply install the mod. My old scenery files will automatically be backed up in the \lockon\modman_backup_do_not_remove folder

@Xman; Yes, this mod has all of my previous releases

Don't hesitate to ask if things are not clear

Birdy

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

very nice, one small question, lets say i don't want Merzifon mod but i still want those small addition of trees around that airbase. all i need to do is extract the download and copy out the high.scn right?

That is correct. But why do you want trees around an airbase that isn't there (since you haven't installed the merzifon mod)?

So, I'm a little slow today Birdy, I've got two files:

Merzifon AB Mod v1.1

FC Scenery Mod v1.1

As stated, both have "High.scn".

The High.scn in Merzifon Mod is 140K+ dated 7/28 and the High.scn in you Scenery Mod is 143K+ dated 8/1.

Are they installed in the order above? I am presuming so given the file dates, but, want to make sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, I'm a little slow today Birdy, I've got two files:

Merzifon AB Mod v1.1

FC Scenery Mod v1.1

As stated, both have "High.scn".

The High.scn in Merzifon Mod is 140K+ dated 7/28 and the High.scn in you Scenery Mod is 143K+ dated 8/1.

Are they installed in the order above? I am presuming so given the file dates, but, want to make sure.

Merzifon AB Mod v1.1 has ALL objects and trees FC scenery Mod v1.1 has. The scenery file in the Merzifon Mod is bigger since objects were added around Merzifon (only).

Obviously you can only use one High.scn

- If you want to keep Raznadolye AB use FC scnery mod v1.1

- If you want Merzifon AB instead, use Merzifon Mod v1.1

Either way, the scenery is the same (except for Turkey off course)

Understand that old missions that use Raznadolye can behave strangely when running them with the Merzifon Mod installed.

Dont hesitate to ask. Things that look clear to me might not be to others.

• Like 1

One question, why was Raznadolye AB removed. Doesn't it still exist today?

No, it never existed at all - it was just an imaginary airbase (mostly copied from Kirovskoye) that ED put there for fun. And, you're correct - it was not possible to create a new one, only to move an existing one. So that's why Razdolnoye was chosen.

For more information, here is the thread about the original version of the Merzifon mod, where people were requesting the addition of trees around the base:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7097

-SK

• 3 weeks later...

Since the theater in LOBS will be bigger (especially to the east), this mod is not compatible. If the the scenery is build up in the same wat as LOFC, I will release a new version.