DCS v1.5.2/FC3 F-15c + helios + leavu config guide

G3

Monitor 1 is solid gray and Monitor 2 is checked gray. Didn't we have this issue before and solved it? I just don't recall how.

Edited by sobe
typo

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my latest modified Capt_Zeen's F-15C profile to work with Leavu

download: F-15C_v1.0b_G3v5.rar

I have also added this profile to the custom files v5.0 in post #2

so what's new:

you get a reworked helios MFCD button layout to better suit the Leavu button positions etc

all helios MFCD buttons mapped to control the 20x buttons of the leavu MFD

with a few of the important buttons labelled

covered up a white line I was getting above the helios VSD

3x pre configured helios layouts for 1920x1080, below, RHside and single montor setups

an updated Leavu Setup button that:

automatically configures the 3 leavu mfd's

and now sets up the leavu hotkeys for SMS and HSD so you can easily toggle between the two

and finally it also turns on SYNC for HSD so it matches the in-game VSD ranges

what's in the rar:

I have uploaded the files in the appropriate folders, all inside the helios folder

so you just copy the helios folder to your documents folder and everything should go in the right location

(as you need both the profile and the image folders in your documents\helios folder)

to install:

note: you need to have Leavu working and Capt_Zeen's F-15 profile already in helios

then all you need to do is:

unzip and copy the "helios" folder into your "documents" folder

note: no change to the existing leavu presets, keybindings or export.lua

credits:

remember this is not my profile, All the hard work is thanks to Capt_Zeen,

I've just made his F-15C profile a bit more leavu friendly, enjoy G3.

Sobe: try this latest update to the profiles and see how you go

Edited by G3

100% success at last with G3V5. Thanks to G3 Hollywood and Iku64. This one took a lot of teamwork to overcome numerous issues.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

WOW!!!!!!!! I've been following,,,, geeeeeshhhh!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ive installed all per last instructions. I have my Helios touchscreen to the right side of my main monitor. I used the "F-15C_v1.0b_G3v5_RHside" profile and did a reset of monitors. I created a shortcut on my desktop to run "LEAVU2.jar" Am I supposed to do something within LEAVU to get my instruments to function? All I have that works out of the 3 is the radar display? There is an "Available" and "Active" column in LEAVU, but the 3 instruments are currently only shown in available?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

did you place the CMD program in the same directory as Leavu2 is in? did you use Iku64's suggested command line?

Direct answer, no.I'm trying to sift thru the instructions in post 2 & 127

Look at post 123

post 123 states nothing about command line,,, it does go into stuff I have already done though. I will try and find what your suggesting,,, this thread just got a bit too long to remember everything

My mistake. I meant post 103 is how I set up my command line with the CMD in the same folder as the Leavu2 executable.

I think I'm getting twisted,,, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this in any of the updated instructions? I know you guys put a lot into this I don't want to confuse the matter any more,, I just seem to be a touch lost on the precise procedure. I will look into that thread though. I think I have to find other info as well that is fundamentally explained. like what to do with the "Leavu Setup button in the Helios profile,,, when to press it etc,,, let me do some more digging,,, thanks

ok, I don't see any files named here:

"I have had all the time shortcut of my Leavu2.cmd file at my desktop and Leavu2.cmd under the folder C:\Prog\Leavu Client\Leavu"

this :Leavu2.cmd" is that a file that you must create on your own then enter the code into it? If so, do you create the file with Notepad++? I don't see this info in any of the readme files I looked into, sorry

Not sure that I follow your post 137. The CMD file is a copy (not a shortcut) of the regular cmd file and placed in the folder with the leavu2 executable. then you use the command posted by Iku after you run the cmd file.

Perhaps it is best if we talk on teamspeak to get you going.

"I have had all the time shortcut of my Leavu2.cmd file at my desktop and Leavu2.cmd under the folder C:\Prog\Leavu Client\Leavu" is a QUOTE from Iku64 in post 103 that you directed me to.

my point is that I can not find such a file"Leavu2.cmd" that you guys are editing. Where is it? i searched my entire hard drive for this file.

I should be avail to get on Teamspeak I hope Thursday.

I think I'm getting twisted,,, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this in any of the updated instructions? I know you guys put a lot into this I don't want to confuse the matter any more,, I just seem to be a touch lost on the precise procedure. I will look into that thread though. I think I have to find other info as well that is fundamentally explained. like what to do with the "Leavu Setup button in the Helios profile,,, when to press it etc,,, let me do some more digging,,, thanks

Fakum:,

the setup button just sends key press commands thru helios to leavu via the keybindings so what that means is

you can press the Leavu setup button in the helios profile anytime after starting the leavu preset and seeing the 3 leavu mfd's appear

i always start leavu2.jar with my desktop shortcut, loading the preset, then start helios control center and load the profile

"I have had all the time shortcut of my Leavu2.cmd file at my desktop and Leavu2.cmd under the folder C:\Prog\Leavu Client\Leavu" is a QUOTE from Iku64 in post 103 that you directed me to.

my point is that I can not find such a file"Leavu2.cmd" that you guys are editing. Where is it? i searched my entire hard drive for this file.

Fakum:, in the conversation Iku64 and Sobe are having,

they are talking about telling leavu which version of java to use via a cmd line when you have both 32bit and 64bit java intalled

as having both versions installed seems to cause some problems with leavu2, as mentioned in post #2

i have only the 32bit version of java, so doing this stuff in not required

i do not have a file Leavu2.cmd, so you can stop looking for it

but i do have a shortcut to leavu2.jar that i put on the desktop setup to autorun a preset as explained in the guide

(the guides refer to custom files v3.0 which are now the custom files v5.0, other than that follow the simpler guide)

Ive installed all per last instructions. I have my Helios touchscreen to the right side of my main monitor. I used the "F-15C_v1.0b_G3v5_RHside" profile and did a reset of monitors. I created a shortcut on my desktop to run "LEAVU2.jar" Am I supposed to do something within LEAVU to get my instruments to function? All I have that works out of the 3 is the radar display? There is an "Available" and "Active" column in LEAVU, but the 3 instruments are currently only shown in available?

if your leavu2 mfd's will not go active then try these two possible solutions:

make sure you have those 6x dll files in windows\sysWoW64

now if that wasn't the problem then:

it sounds to me like your issue maybe with java, possibly having both 32bit and 64bit installed.

try removing all java versions thru control panel, remove programs

and try with just the latest 32bit java installed, link to latest 32bit java in post #2

once you finally get it working,

and only then if you really need to have both 32bt and 64bit java installed and it causes problems with leavu2

it is then you may want to consider working out what they are talking about,

but for now try with just the 32bit java only

let me know how you go

Edited by G3

there is no such file as Leavu2.cmd. there is a cmd file and a leavu2.jar executable that should go in the same folder for post 103 to work. You find the location of the cmd file by going to the list of programs in your computer, copying the cmd file and pasting it in the leavu2.jar folder. cmd is the old dos prompt.

Thanks guys, I will look into this Thursday

I will shout out when I can be on TeamSpeak tomorrow Sobe, I have simply a mess on my hands here. I am reading thru to many variations of readme instructions and I think that is where things are not going right,, I don't know which set to follow to the letter and which steps to omit based on the many pages here and feedback.I will start fresh with a restored image tomorrow and install Leavu,Java and G3's Custom v5 files and take it from there again

Sobe, I just shot u an email,,,,

G3

Today I spent time trying to help Fakum get Leavu2 to work. We came close, but no cigar. I told him to type out his steps and then send them to you and perhaps you can spot our error.

Sobe

Yes, thank you again Sobe. Over the weekend I will try and note the steps we took that were relevant to the creation of the file structure.

Sadly I have setup all following the instruction in #2 but leavu continue to refuse to connect.

I have tried with DCS 1.5.2 and with 1.5.3 beta, but nothing :\

I have 3 pc (2 with windows 10 and 1 with windows 7) and in all of them (each one it's own copy of DCS and all other software), leavu doesn't connect :\

What is working for me:

- Helios with Capt_Zeen's F-15 profile

- with a previous clean installation MFC_FC3 and DCS-ExportScripts+HT

ps: I have only installed the latest java (32 bit).

Any advice?

Unfortunately, I can not offer you advice at this time because I am not operational yet,,, I will say this,, WOW,,,, its the most difficult MOD I have had to deal with to date, not saying its not worth it, its very time consuming, credit going to Sobe, G3 & Iku64

confirmed all working fine after the DCS 1.5.3 update

Fakum, let me know where you guys got up to and I will have a think about it

galen104, I have not had this connection problem, but i don't think you are not the first

am i correct to assume:

you are trying to connect dcs and leavu on the same pc.

you have leavu starting ok, with mfd's appearing but just not connecting to sim.

leavu just sits there saying connecting

off the top of my head, not connecting to sim could be caused by a few things:

the wrong dofiles lines at the end of your export.lua

the leavu exports folder not in your dcs config folder

when I get a chance over the next day or 2, will see if i can replicate this connection problem

Edited by G3