DCS v1.5.2/FC3 F-15c + helios + leavu config guide

G3

you are trying to connect dcs and leavu on the same pc.

yes

you have leavu starting ok, with mfd's appearing but just not connecting to sim.

leavu just sits there saying connecting

yes

off the top of my head, not connecting to sim could be caused by a few things:

the wrong dofiles lines at the end of your export.lua

the leavu exports folder not in your dcs config folder

when I get a chance over the next day or 2, will see if i can replicate this connection problem

the Export folder is in the correct dcs config folder.

I have tried many export.lua (starting with the one provided in the post #2), all ending with:

-- We need som basic math functions
dofile("./Config/export/math_fcns.lua")

-- Include the data export
dofile("./Config/export/Yoda_Export.lua")

-- Include the LEAVU functions
dofile("./Config/export/LEAVU_fcns.lua")

-- Include the Eagle radar improvements
dofile("./Config/export/ERI_radar.lua")

ps: I had also a problem with AoA, partially solved by #63. Now is close to the real AoA, but almost never correct.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

In an attempt to keep things as simple as possible, I copied the last several lines of G3's export file and pasted them in CPT Z's latest export file. The result is that this enhanced export file will now work for both the F15 Leavu/Helios profile as well as any regular Helios profile. These are the lines copied:

-- We need som basic math functions dofile("./Config/export/math_fcns.lua") -- Include the data export dofile("./Config/export/Yoda_Export.lua") -- Include the LEAVU functions dofile("./Config/export/LEAVU_fcns.lua") -- Include the Eagle radar improvements dofile("./Config/export/ERI_radar.lua")

Also, in an attempt to figure out what the ERI program does for the radar, I deleted the ERI_radar lua file, but found no change in the radar. Any thoughts?

Edited by sobe
added list

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

EDIT: See post 159

Edited by Fakum
Update

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

galem104, sorry mate busy weekend for me but will have a look when i get chance

*) Created new Folder on C: Drive: “C:\ F15leavu\Leavu”

*) From “C:\LeavuEri 2.1”, Copied the following (2) Folders: “Fc2 Exports” & “Leavu Client” and pasted into: “C:\ F15leavu\Leavu”

Fakum, from the picture you posted your tews mfd looks,

in the custom files v5.rar one of my presets should be near spot on for the profile.

at least it looks like the helios profile's "leavu setup button" is working so i think your keybinds are ok:)

u are close but no cigar just yet, so let's fix that if we can

in the quote you have "C:\ F15leavu\Leavu"

further down you have “C:\F15lEAVU\Leavu Client\Leavu\”

the structure is confusing, but lets assume you have the later, C:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\

there is no need for the fc2 exports folder to go in your leavu folder

the export folder needs to go in your main dcs config folder

taken straight from the DCS v1.5.2 beta_leavu_guide v3.0

4. copy the LeavuEri_2.1\Fc2 Exports\config\export folder

paste the export folder into x:\DCS World OpenBeta\config\

ensure you include this step and report back, read twice, paste once :megalol:

Edited by G3

I realize that it may appear confusing at 1st glance, but keep in mind, I was totally lost until Sobe helped me out. The instructions above are per Sobe, that's what he did to get his to work, so I am in no position to judge the approach.

C:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\ is in deed a file structure that was created in the process. “C:\LeavuEri 2.1” is the original file that was extracted from the downloaded zip file

I do see that I missed a step in the above instructions in which I will edit after this. But your point about the export file. The export folder was copied into C:\DCS World OpenBeta\config\ , but I did not mention it above. keeping in mind that :

*) Created new “Scripts” Folder in: “C:\F15lEAVU” which now creates “C:\F15lEAVU\Scripts” and placed “Export.lua” (provided by Sobe) into this new “Scripts” Folder

*) Copied same “Export.lua” (provided by Sobe), and placed it into Pre-existing: “C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts”

Were still implemented also

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

G3:

"Fakum, from the picture you posted your tews mfd looks, " I don't follow?

"at least it looks like the helios profile's "leavu setup button" is working so i think your keybinds are ok " Note that each time I hit the levu setup button in Helios, all it does is change the pilots cockpit view, which I know is not right, I need to find out which keybindings are seemingly wrong?

"in the quote you have "C:\ F15leavu\Leavu"

further down you have “C:\F15lEAVU\Leavu Client\Leavu\” Corrected in my instructions

there is no need for the fc2 exports folder to go in your leavu folder

the export folder needs to go in your main dcs config folder

taken straight from the DCS v1.5.2 beta_leavu_guide v3.0

4. copy the LeavuEri_2.1\Fc2 Exports\config\export folder

paste the export folder into x:\DCS World OpenBeta\config\ Removed these files for now from “C:\ F15leavu\”, but left the instructions intact until confirmed as an issue.

Edited by Fakum

roger that, thanks,, I will fiddle around,,,, good night!

I got it working, I restored back to a fresh image, then I followed most of the install instructions in the "DCS v1.5.2 beta_helios_leavu_G3readme rev1.0", But I already knew ahead of time what NOT to do because of what I went thru in the last 2 days. So my install procedure I posted is mostly void. I will have to update it, but for the time being it all seems functionable, I have to do some customizing.

I did note one odd thing, when you jump into instant action for f-15 intercept, on the RWR you see the E3, but its symbology is different on the RWR between the cockpit view and the 2nd monitor?

Edited by Fakum
Update

congratulations Fakum

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Thank you sir! If it were not for you, I would likely still be banging my head!

Speaking of which, I don't use the cmd prompt at all, but there is a easy method to launch Leavu with the Java desktop shortcut that will also automatically launch your desired Preset by changing the shortcut properties target info as described here:

setup a leavu shortcut to autorun a preset

this will fire up your preset with out the need to manually choose it from the list.

make copy of your leavu shortcut

go to the shortcuts properties and edit the target as follows:

if original is x:\leavu\LEAVU2.jar

change it to: x\leavu\LEAVU2.jar -preset Presets/your presets name here

Now I tried to change the target based on these directions and I keep getting notices it is not a valid file location, I am suspecting the format may be incorrect?

The original Target ="C:\F15 Leavu\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar"

I'm trying to change it to : "C:\F15 Leavu\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar -preset Presets/Fakum Leavu 1"

But its telling me its invalid? Any ideas why?

Could not get anything like this to work.

In addition to resolving the shortcut Target, I have a couple more questions. I have provided a screen shot below. I do realize I have some placement adjustments to do ( that's the least of my concerns. What I want to understand is the PACS screen.

1st observation is the amount of data provided thru Leavu compared to the Sim, there is quite a bit of info missing? Is this by design or an export issue?

2nd observation is the Leavu OSB button names compared to the Helios profile., for example, are the Helios OSB buttons supposed to perform a function when depressed? If you look at the top row, Helios has LC,C,LH when the Leavu labels below them state Pylon, Fuel,Pylon.

3rd observation, the bottom Helios OSB's and Leavu labels match, am I supposed to adjust that so the Leavu labels are hidden below the Helios OSBs?

It might be helpful if someone else posted up a screen shot of their final layout, that would answer a lot of questions for me. Thanks

SEE MY RESPONSES IN CAPS

In addition to resolving the shortcut Target, I have a couple more questions. I have provided a screen shot below. I do realize I have some placement adjustments to do ( that's the least of my concerns. What I want to understand is the PACS screen.

1st observation is the amount of data provided thru Leavu compared to the Sim, there is quite a bit of info missing? Is this by design or an export issue?

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO BASED IN PART ON TWO FACTORS. FIRST, THIS PROGRAM WAS WRITTEN FOR FC2 NOT FC3 SO THERE MIGHT BE SOME CODING ISSUES. SECOND, THE AUTHOR DID ADD SOME ADDITIONAL INFO INTO LEAVU THAT IS NOT IN THE GAME. THERE ALSO APPEARS TO BE TWO VERSIONS OF LEAVU AND THAT IS STILL BE INVESTIGATED.

2nd observation is the Leavu OSB button names compared to the Helios profile., for example, are the Helios OSB buttons supposed to perform a function when depressed? If you look at the top row, Helios has LC,C,LH when the Leavu labels below them state Pylon, Fuel,Pylon. THE HELIOS BUTTONS HAVE NO MEANING IN THE WEAPONS CONTROL PANEL. IF YOU CORRECTLY ADDED THE KEYBINDING IN HELIOS FOR MFD#3, YOU CAN PRESS THE BUTTONS THAT SHOW A LEAVU COMMAND AND ONLY THOSE WILL WORK.

3rd observation, the bottom Helios OSB's and Leavu labels match, am I supposed to adjust that so the Leavu labels are hidden below the Helios OSBs? NO. YOU NEED THE LEAVU BUTTONS TO CONTROL THE PANEL. THE BUTTONS HAVE TO BE CODED INTO HELLIOS TO WORK. I WILL SEND YOU MY HELIOS/LEAVU PROFILE WITH THE BUTTONS ALREADY CODED.

It might be helpful if someone else posted up a screen shot of their final layout, that would answer a lot of questions for me. Thanks

Sobe,

Ok, so what I gather from that is:

1) Don't expect the same info that is on the Sim PACS to be present on the Leavu PACS

2) Helios OSB buttons on PACS, although labeled, serve no function, utilize the Leavu lables only.

3) Don’t hide the Leavu button labels, there can be utilized but need to be coded into Helios. You have me puzzled with that statement a bit. In the end, once coded into Helios, does that mean that you are to use the Helios OSB buttons once coded?

OverDhill, thank you for the photo, very helpful indeed!

#3 Yes. Go into Helios and code mfd #3 per the keybindings for #3 and then the helios buttons should work. My is already coded.

BTW, because the radar in the game and in Leavu does not show the same info, I changed the radar viewport to show up on my main screen also so I have two radar screens, one directly from the game and one from Leavu and they are a little different. For example, I cannot get the leavu screen to go into STT when the game radar does. Having both is helpful. This is under further study.

Thanks, I will respond to your email regarding your helios profile I just checked out,,, thanks

yes. although I did end up using CPT Z's export file that goes into saved games and just add the last several lines of G3's export file. That way, I need just one export file for everything.

You cannot get the game radar on the helios profile as you are running a single screen. If you ran two or more screens, then according to G3, the viewports would not show up on the second screen. Was that your question? If so, no one has come up with a solution.

When you run a second monitor with DCS (to display the Radar as well as any other exports for A10 or other jets like the SU25T) the entire second monitor has a black display with the items exported displaying on it. That is how all my Helios profiles were done as well as Capt Zeen's. When you try and run LEAVU when DCS is running with two monitor setup its displays end up under the DCS second monitor display. When you run the MFCD_FC3 app it will show up on top of the DCS second monitor. This is how the Capt Zeen F15C profile was done as it used the MFCD_FC3 app but used the F15C exported radar. The RWR did not function. So ideally it would be best to use the radar exported from F15C as it is a mirror image of what is shown in the game and LEAVU for the other two as they are not available as exports. But until LEAVU can be told to be always on top (like Helios can be set to) we can't use this arrangement. Also from what I can tell MFCD_FC3 does not really display all that the MPCD does in the cockpit of the F15C. LEAVU does better when set properly. If it did it would be great as there is a way to use the exported radar from F15C the RWR from LEAVU and the MFCD_FC3 in the place of the MPCD with some specialize setup for two monitors (I have done it). Still need to play around with MFCD_FC3 more to see its full potential before I commit to that setup.

Edited by OverDhill

I (and Fakum) have noticed a big drop in FPS when using MFCD_FC3 so I have decided to go with Leavu for the bottom left MFD and the kneeboard for situational awareness. I did notice that Eagle used 4 MFD screens. However, I do miss the TAD view in MFCD_FC3.

Have you noticed differences in the game radar and the leavu radar?