DCS v1.5.2/FC3 F-15c + helios + leavu config guide

G3

Galen

You lost me

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Galen mean when he wrote "

Make sure that .jar file as associated to "Java Platform SE binary", otherwise it doesn't work." in post 200?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I wish I could help, but I dont understand either

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

What does Galen mean when he wrote "

Make sure that .jar file as associated to "Java Platform SE binary", otherwise it doesn't work." in post 200?

To directly open a non executable files (word, excel, photo, movie, ecc) the file type (the extensions like .doc, .txt or .jar) must be associated with a specific application capable of opening that file. In windows of course there are default file type associations for common files, and when installaing new software like Java JRE new associations are created automatically.

When you double click on a file windows start the associated application and with that opens your file.

Usually if you can't open a specific file type by double click, something happens with the association. Java applications (.jar files) are associated to "Java Platform SE binary" (the program file is javaw.exe). So if your .jar files are correctly associated to javaw.exe (the java installer should configure it for you) using a shortcut like:

"E:\DCS World Software\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset "Presets/G3 - Capt Z sidebyside"

simply works, otherwise you should specify directly the software like sobe did:

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside

There may be similar problems when you have multiple java versions (32bit and 64bit).

You can change the file association by right click on the file, "Open with" and select the software you want, for example for .jar file should be "Java Platform SE binary" from the list.

galen104, glad to hear you finally got it to connect

Yes, finally :)

I have a question, I don't have any frame rate drop with my pc configuration, but I notice that the gauges from Helios always has a delay and their measures are not accurate. Is it normal?

I wish I could say,, since I got this working, I have not had a chance to fly,,,, but sometime this week when I do, I will keep that in mind to look

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yes, finally :)

I have a question, I don't have any frame rate drop with my pc configuration, but I notice that the gauges from Helios always has a delay and their measures are not accurate. Is it normal?

Are you on the same PC or networked to a second PC?

• 8 months later...

Leavu Misbehavin!

Running Win7 64bit.

Up to date version of Java 32 bit!!!

Anyone have any suggestions to get LeavuEri_2.1 working on Steam based FC3? However, I also have A-10C module as stand alone, so how does Leavu, determine the path to the app? I understand the export folder is in the app saved games subfolder for stand-alone, does Steam and Stand-alone module share the export.lua file?

For me Leavu starts only displays three available instruments:

MFD

HUD

ADI

After clicking "No Frame" a moveable sizable window pops up, after positioning and sizing the "Add" button doesn't appear to do anything, no active window appears.

I tried running as Administrator but the result was the same, as normal user.

I suspect a path problem or older version of Java perhaps.

Appreciate any help.

LaLa

Edited by LaLa
additiional info