Debolestis Shapeways shop

I've been considering ordering either a VKB or Virpil joystick base, to which I would like to attach my current 15cm Warthog extension by Sahaj to, along with my Warthog grip. My grip and extension are obviously compatible but neither VKB or Virpil offer an adapter for the base and an extension other than their own.

Do you offer an adapter for the top of the joystick base that would allow me screw my standard Warthog extension on to it?

I'm away traveling but can mock up a picture of what I'm asking for when I return, if I am being unclear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I've been considering ordering either a VKB or Virpil joystick base, to which I would like to attach my current 15cm Warthog extension by Sahaj to, along with my Warthog grip. My grip and extension are obviously compatible but neither VKB or Virpil offer an adapter for the base and an extension other than their own.

Do you offer an adapter for the top of the joystick base that would allow me screw my standard Warthog extension on to it?

I'm away traveling but can mock up a picture of what I'm asking for when I return, if I am being unclear.

A far as I understand your extension should work with Virpil base but not with VKB. Unfortunately I don't have any of them, and if you need something I can make if you will make measurements.

I would like to attach my current 15cm Warthog extension by Sahaj to, along with my Warthog grip. My grip and extension are obviously compatible but neither VKB or Virpil offer an adapter for the base and an extension other than their own.

VirPil (and the new Baur base) base allow you attach Sahaj (MFG or any other Warthog extension), since can use Warthog grip "bolt and play", see the threaded part:

https://virpil.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/%5EC19D0E2417FC5D0E9C07B8493386C4D617C7FDE0F99AAA7FFE%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

I was working on an extension just to see how much it would cost. It would cost around 30$ for 5cm, there are better solutions for similar price so I gave up on that. But then I had an idea of "display base" for grips like Warthog and Cougar. It will work with Virpil's MongoosT-50. Bases are compatible with my tailpieces and locking collars. I draw two versions.

You can buy them HERE and HERE.

This is the idea:

r6dHZp3.jpg

wnSf7NP.jpg

Here are top views of both holders:

ZdgBaPh.jpg

control-grip-display-base?optionId=63774617

k2LWv77.jpgSave

Save

Save

Save

Save

Edited by debolestis

VirPil (and the new Baur base) base allow you attach Sahaj (MFG or any other Warthog extension), since can use Warthog grip "bolt and play", see the threaded part:

https://virpil.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/%5EC19D0E2417FC5D0E9C07B8493386C4D617C7FDE0F99AAA7FFE%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Oh really?! That's awesome, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

A far as I understand your extension should work with Virpil base but not with VKB. Unfortunately I don't have any of them, and if you need something I can make if you will make measurements.

Didn't see this earlier...but thank you, I appreciate the offer. Sounds like I should be all set though, just a misunderstanding on my part.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

I've been searching for a 3detent one for when Im flying the viggen. Cant remember where I saw it tough, any chance you are or could make them available?

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I've been searching for a 3detent one for when Im flying the viggen. Cant remember where I saw it tough, any chance you are or could make them available?

I can make it, can you describe what you need? Now I have Warthog throttle and it will be much easier to produce parts like this one.

I have new print. It is F15 style locking collar. The collar is compatible with all my tailpieces and Cougar gimbal and with original Cougar and Warthog.

paXiQEk.jpg

paXiQEk.jpg

B5qJyoK.jpg

DcTaCeX.jpg

And I've got this little thing last week. It is not working but that's is what we like here. Now you can expect many new mods for it. People asked me for throttle detente mods and soon we'll have them.

7dHDIwt.jpg

Save

That is great news, Debo. Looking forward to the WH Throttle mods!

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Warthog throttle mods will be great to help me hold over until Baur/BRD and Virpil get their throttle out to market

For now I'll focus on getting my flight stick base ironed out, and I've already made moves on my pedal upgrade.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

What it is

Im guessing it would be something like a push through detent with 3 distinct notches:

Mil=ABZ1-ABZ2-ABZ3. I think I've seen someone 3d print one before but I cant find the thread when I search for it.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Im guessing it would be something like a push through detent with 3 distinct notches:

Mil=ABZ1-ABZ2-ABZ3. I think I've seen someone 3d print one before but I cant find the thread when I search for it.

I understand, at how many percent of full range notches start?

As I promised I added 4 new throttle parts in my store. They are all in test phase, I did my best to measure everything correctly and they should work but I am not 100% sure. Any feedback is much appreciated. I added new store section where you can see them all.

Warthog throttle part - afterburner detent, will replace the part that I already have in my store. It changes afterburner detent, it is now push through, no need to lift both grips. It should be smoother that older part. A few people requested changes on this part.

IVOqozu.png

Warthog throttle part - dual detent was requested like this. It splits afterburner detent and adds two detents at 70 and 85 percent position. Detents are push through.

Zl22Yb3.png

Warthog throttle part - no detents removes start/reverse and afterburner detents. There should be smooth motion through whole range.

17ukjst.png

Warthog throttle part - center detent removes start/reverse and afterburner detents and adds a center detent. This part could be useful for games like Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.

mpmyEX4.png

I think I can add detents through most of the range. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I can make part with 3 detents, I just need somebody to tell me where they start.

Save

Is the new Push Through AB detent a little wider than the original? So that is fits more snugly into the slot like discussed previous with txmbx?

If yes, I will be placing my order later today

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Is the new Push Through AB detent a little wider than the original? So that is fits more snugly into the slot like discussed previous with txmbx?

If yes, I will be placing my order later today

Yes all of them are wider, they should fit much better now.

Push through AB detent!!!

I like it. Gonna try ASAP.

Do you remember, I mentioned a reverse shaped Coolie Hat with easier vertical movements to use as a Antenna Elevation switch. A realistic Antenna Elevation would be an Axis instead of buttons. But given the right shape, without losing the right and left movements but ergonomically making the vertical movement easier, Coolie hat can be a nice replacement for Antenna Elevation.

Do you have any ideas?

I am sorry I cannot remember, can you make a drawing of what you need? You can do it by hand and make a photo.

Yes all of them are wider, they should fit much better now.

Perfect, I just placed my order (as promised)! Looking forward to giving it a shot :pilotfly:

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Perfect, I just placed my order (as promised)! Looking forward to giving it a shot :pilotfly:

Update us when you get it. :thumbup:

BTW, is it just me or are these built the opposite of the older/stock one?

The actual detent, is usually located on the end where the vertical separator is?

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Update us when you get it. :thumbup:

BTW, is it just me or are these built the opposite of the older/stock one?

The actual detent, is usually located on the end where the vertical separator is?

Will do!

IVOqozu.png

versus

full-8897-80206-photo_1.jpg

I know nothing about this kind of stuff, but the actual detent (lift over from stock, push over from Debo here) look to be in the same position on the little piece of plastic?

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

what the difference between the new detent and the older design? As I have purchased the older design a few weeks ago.

How has the design of the new detent changed compared to the old one?

the normal push through detent that you made to replace the lift and push that came with the TM WH. I have your previous design and I am wondering how the new, updated design you have (currently in testing) is different from the previous design.

Will do!

IVOqozu.png

versus

full-8897-80206-photo_1.jpg

I know nothing about this kind of stuff, but the actually detent (lift over from stock, push over from Debo here) look to be in the same position on the little piece of plastic?

Yep, I think they are backwards, the detent in the bottom picture is next to the red vertical part that the thumb is holding. The original is reversible to provide no detent so not sure if it will matter or not. That vertical part may just identify which end is the detent.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip