Debolestis Shapeways shop

Does this line up with the F18's afterburner without using curves?

No it doesn't, had to use a curve of 6 to get it in alignment.

Works very well though.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Hello Debolestis, I tought to have sent you a PVT message a couple days ago, but I've now checked my messages and think that for some reason the message was not sent at all.

So I'm putting my question here this time:

On your shapeway store you provide the Shaft for the 5 way hat switch. I am interested in doing some heavy moding to some old sticks, any chance that you can make the 2 part cassing for this switch avaiable as well?

I will have some other requests as well, but I need to do some more planing be-fore I am sure of the exact nature of the parts I will need.

Hello Debolestis, I tought to have sent you a PVT message a couple days ago, but I've now checked my messages and think that for some reason the message was not sent at all.

So I'm putting my question here this time:

On your shapeway store you provide the Shaft for the 5 way hat switch. I am interested in doing some heavy moding to some old sticks, any chance that you can make the 2 part cassing for this switch avaiable as well?

I will have some other requests as well, but I need to do some more planing be-fore I am sure of the exact nature of the parts I will need.

I will put this on my list, I have a few other requests at the moment. I am also working on 4 way switch. Please be patient, I'll have something soon.

debolestis

The throttle panels arrived today. They fit perfectly over the existing throttle panels without the need to remove the original A10 panels. A little blue tac holds them in place. After using them for awhile, I will send write a small review.

Thanks

Sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

TM WH Throttle panels

I recently purchased the TM WH throttle panels from Debolestis and have found them very useful. The new panels are black and completely cover over the existing throttle panels so that the green lights do not show through.

The new panel package consists of two sets of panels with each set consisting of a top panel that goes around the two throttles handles and a bottom panel for the bottom 3 switches and 1 button. The top panel was made so that it goes around the two throttle handles without the necessity of removing the handles.

You could use the new panels in two different ways. First, you could use the new panels by putting them on top of the existing panels and then placing sticky labels next to each switch and button. Since you have 2 sets of panels, you could do this for two planes.

Alternatively, you could do what I did. Place the new panels on top of the existing panels and then using the new panels, make a cardboard template of the panels for each plane that you fly and then place the cardboard template over both the original and new panels. You can then label each cardboard template separately for each plane. Everything fits nicely and no screws have to be removed. I used Blue Tac to place the new panels over the original panels and then used Blue Tac to put the cardboard template on top of the new panels.

C26EEik.jpg

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I have a request for the logitech Switch panel.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/417uhvQxyYL._SX355_.jpg

It have a gear lever but not Good looking.

It would nice to have a Tomcat style one and a hook lever.

Meassurements Can be done

I have a request for the logitech Switch panel.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/417uhvQxyYL._SX355_.jpg

It have a gear lever but not Good looking.

It would nice to have a Tomcat style one and a hook lever.

Meassurements Can be done

I don't have that, measure everything and I'll put that on my list.

Also here's the ALPS 5 way navigation switch in the X-Fighter B8. I had to mount it to a square of perf board matching the size of the original switch and had to fashion a new back stay out of Acrylic scrap because the old original piece disintegrated from age.

OudRmpC.jpg

ALPS 5way

https://www.adafruit.com/product/504

RustBelt...

Can this switch be tipped while pressed? (Z axis and one of the other axis at the same time?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

VKB grip electronics don't work with Warthog base - use different buttons controller inside with proprietary firmware and use digital protocol in 3 wires interface.

- The promised MCG grip Warthog base compatible was not released.

Rest the option of remove VKB electronics and install an shift Register, will require PS2 connector in your adapter.

Debolestis smallest shift register board WILL fit in the KG12 (with some modification by a razor knife / Drimmel to cut away some of the internal bracing).

If I need new gimbals for the cougar to fix the center play... what would I excactly need? How much would it cost to ship to Poland?

Greetings,

Cabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

If I need new gimbals for the cougar to fix the center play... what would I excactly need? How much would it cost to ship to Poland?

Greetings,

Cabal

Everything that you need you can find HERE. Most of materials can be bought on eBay, sensors and magnets from GVL224, I have the springs.

• 2 weeks later...

Shapeways, unfortunately, has changed the pricing formula. It looks that smaller parts are more expensive, almost double for afterburner detents, larger parts are similarly priced.

So it is not about me, my markup is same as always.

• 2 months later...

I added one more part and updated two of them.

Warthog throttle part - TBM900

This one is made per request and is for X-Plane TBM900.

It has two detents at 15% and 34%.

710x528_27411602_14829189_1556359972.jpg

Warthog throttle part - Saab-A340

I made a grooves a bit deeper for.

710x528_27411663_12820036_1556360721.jpg

Warthog Throttle part - Elite

I completely remodeled this one. It now has two detents. At 50% and 87,5%. It is to be used in Elite Dangerous when throttle is in full range mode.

710x528_27411686_13040388_1556364995.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

TM WT throttle

hi debolestis,

just had a look at your cougar gimbal replacement. you really are ingenious!

any chance you could make extensions for the thrustmaster warthog throttle grips? i.e. replace the shafts by longer ones?

i guess this could be very interesting for a lot of people.

thanks

HiLok

How much longer?

well to be honest, i haven't decided yet. but i think the solution must be figured out first, and would be independent of the extension length? anyway, i guess something between 2 and 6 cm should do the trick of improving precision, while keeping the grip's travel arc within an acceptable range.

• 2 weeks later...

TM WT throttle extensions

here's what i was able to measure using simple tools without disassembling the thing. so it may not be 100% precise, but should do anyway.

angles (with respect to waterline):

at full forward position 50°

idle (not cutoff) 115°

=> travel angle (=difference) 65°

thrust lever heights (gimbal to grip tops), approximate:

left 15 cm

right 17 cm

from this data, i would estimate an extension by 6 cm, i.e. original length + 6 cm, would be a reasonable sweet spot between sufficiently increasing precision while keeping the throw within acceptable range.

please tell me what you think, and if you see a chance that you could design something : )

i think there would be some demand within the community. at least, i hope so.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
here's what i was able to measure using simple tools without disassembling the thing. so it may not be 100% precise, but should do anyway.

angles (with respect to waterline):

at full forward position 50°

idle (not cutoff) 115°

=> travel angle (=difference) 65°

thrust lever heights (gimbal to grip tops), approximate:

left 15 cm

right 17 cm

from this data, i would estimate an extension by 6 cm, i.e. original length + 6 cm, would be a reasonable sweet spot between sufficiently increasing precision while keeping the throw within acceptable range.

please tell me what you think, and if you see a chance that you could design something : )

i think there would be some demand within the community. at least, i hope so.

thanks!

I apologize to everybody for my late responses but I am doing my best.Things are crazy in RL.

I cannot promise that I'll be able to do this, it is not simple plug and play thing it will take a while to produce something that works. Maybe one day.

Debolestis,

Any chance you could make a AB detent ring for the TM cougar throttle?

Unfortunately I don't have Cougar throttle. Is there such a ring in the throttle? Do you have photos? Do you have caliper to make measurements?