Debolestis Shapeways shop

I am sorry, but I just have no time for that right now.

Sorry

No worries, thanks for the reply!

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

I'm having an issue with my slew mod. At first it worked perfectly. But over the last week or so when I move it to the left and let go it continues to move left on its own. I've calibrated it 3 times using the TM Warthog throttle calibration software that came with it. Other directions work fine, only left is an issue. Looking at Axis tune in DCS, it doesn't return to center after moving to the left unless I move it to the right, then it will center.

I haven't had Warthog slew mods so far. Are you sure this is the right thread?

I haven't had Warthog slew mods so far. Are you sure this is the right thread?

My apologies, I thought for sure it was from your shop. I've deleted that post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I don't have Warthog base. Can you measure the pin?

I have a spare articulation sphere...I.ll measure the pins and get it to ya tomorrow. Since they are rounded on the end, do ya want the overall diameter of the sphere so ya can round they caps?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I have a spare articulation sphere...I.ll measure the pins and get it to ya tomorrow. Since they are rounded on the end, do ya want the overall diameter of the sphere so ya can round they caps?

Yes, everything that you can measure.

• 1 month later...

Is this Cougar/ F-22 paddle lever tested, because it still says beta? I wanted to make one myself, but if you have already got it ready thats even better.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4DH974GQV/paddle-lever-for-cougar-flcs-and-f22-v3?optionId=58971993

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Is this Cougar/ F-22 paddle lever tested, because it still says beta? I wanted to make one myself, but if you have already got it ready thats even better.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4DH974GQV/paddle-lever-for-cougar-flcs-and-f22-v3?optionId=58971993

That one works, I'll change the status.

• 1 month later...

Hello Debolestis

First I would like to thank you for all that you have been doing for the community. I very much appreciate it.

Have you considered doing OSH Park pcb’s for the MCP3202, MCP3204 and MCP3208 IC’s for use with MMjoy2? Something in the same vein as your shiftregister pcb’s.

I am not asking because I don’t want to do it my self, but because I unfortunately lack the skills, instincts and knowledge to do it. Trying to make circuits is like gibberish to me. I know what the components do by them selves, but I have absolutely no grasp of what happens when combining them.

I haven’t seen them offered up anywhere. (Could be my lack of Google Fu.) I have seen rel4y’s MCP3202 pcb, but smd are beyond my eyesight and motor skills.

I have a hard time believing that I am the only one that could use those kinds of pcb’s.

At the moment I need them for my Warthogesque righthand grips on Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Leopard 1 A5DK gunners grip/buttonbox combination and a righthand 2x twist Throttle Collective.

I already have some of your 1 and 2 chips 4021 boards and have just ordered a number of your ALPS boards for these projects.

I for one would be very grateful, if you where to do this. I am pretty much convinced that there is others out there, that would be as well.

Here are the pinouts for the MCP’s and a circuit example with the MCP3208 by mega_mozg.

1726219891_MCP3202-Layout01.jpg.aa89ab2125e2bf3e551b65fa7372cb54.jpg

MCP3204-08-Pin-Diagrams.png.07699dea7186f567a1461c19e3e71e95.png

full-37484-89386-mmjoy2_promicro_mcp3208.thumb.png.cb2144e1295fe164802fea85657da191.png

Happy Simming

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

32GB DDR3 1600 Dual Channel

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

23,6”+32”+23,6 16/9 screens

CH Flightstick Pro, Modded TM T:16000m, Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, G27, TH Cougar MFD's

Hello Debolestis

First I would like to thank you for all that you have been doing for the community. I very much appreciate it.

Have you considered doing OSH Park pcb’s for the MCP3202, MCP3204 and MCP3208 IC’s for use with MMjoy2? Something in the same vein as your shiftregister pcb’s.

I am not asking because I don’t want to do it my self, but because I unfortunately lack the skills, instincts and knowledge to do it. Trying to make circuits is like gibberish to me. I know what the components do by them selves, but I have absolutely no grasp of what happens when combining them.

I haven’t seen them offered up anywhere. (Could be my lack of Google Fu.) I have seen rel4y’s MCP3202 pcb, but smd are beyond my eyesight and motor skills.

I have a hard time believing that I am the only one that could use those kinds of pcb’s.

At the moment I need them for my Warthogesque righthand grips on Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Leopard 1 A5DK gunners grip/buttonbox combination and a righthand 2x twist Throttle Collective.

I already have some of your 1 and 2 chips 4021 boards and have just ordered a number of your ALPS boards for these projects.

I for one would be very grateful, if you where to do this. I am pretty much convinced that there is others out there, that would be as well.

Here are the pinouts for the MCP’s and a circuit example with the MCP3208 by mega_mozg.

[ATTACH]224382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]224383[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]224384[/ATTACH]

Happy Simming

Hi, it can be done it is not a problem. Which sensor do you want to use with this 3208?

That sounds really great

In this context I would like to use ordinary joystick potentiometers. I have a fair number of them pulled out off different controllers old and new.

They have different shapes, sizes and resistances, but that shouldn’t matter as I would like for the outputs and inputs to be for wire connections. Just like you have it on your 4021 shiftregister pcb’s.

It is not only the 3208 I am wishing for, it is also the 3202 and 3204.

The MCP3202 has 2 outputs: CH0 and CH1 and can control 2 pots.

I would use this for a mini joystick in a buttonhead added to an existing throttle like the Saitek/Logitech Throttle Quadrant.

The MCP3204 has 4 outputs: CH0, CH1, CH2 and CH3 and can control 4 pots.

It could be for a collective with a mini joystick, throttle and the collective axis.

The MCP3208 has 8 outputs: CH0, CH1, CH2, CH3, CH4, CH5, CH6 and CH7 and can control 8 pots.

I am considering using this for a collective with 2 mini joysticks, dual throttle, collective and a zoom axis.

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

CH Flightstick Pro, Modded TM T:16000m, Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, G27, TH Cougar MFD's

That sounds really great

In this context I would like to use ordinary joystick potentiometers. I have a fair number of them pulled out off different controllers old and new.

They have different shapes, sizes and resistances, but that shouldn’t matter as I would like for the outputs and inputs to be for wire connections. Just like you have it on your 4021 shiftregister pcb’s.

It is not only the 3208 I am wishing for, it is also the 3202 and 3204.

The MCP3202 has 2 outputs: CH0 and CH1 and can control 2 pots.

I would use this for a mini joystick in a buttonhead added to an existing throttle like the Saitek/Logitech Throttle Quadrant.

The MCP3204 has 4 outputs: CH0, CH1, CH2 and CH3 and can control 4 pots.

It could be for a collective with a mini joystick, throttle and the collective axis.

The MCP3208 has 8 outputs: CH0, CH1, CH2, CH3, CH4, CH5, CH6 and CH7 and can control 8 pots.

I am considering using this for a collective with 2 mini joysticks, dual throttle, collective and a zoom axis.

But if you want to use potentiometers why do you need MCP3208? You can connect them directly, a simpler pcb would be good for that. Something like this one:

eab37130155277c9a7f9bffe89f6f600.png

From the descriptions at Digi-Key the CI/P MCP320X chips are 12 bit and the I/P MCP320X chips are 10 bit.

One reason is to free up available pins on the Pro Micro and another is to minimize the number of wires needed from a Pro Micro board in the controller base to a MCP and one or more shiftregister boards in the button/minijoy grip on a stick or collective.

If my assumption that I only need 1 ground wire and 1 VCC wire to connect the MCP and the first shiftregister is correct, then I will only need 8 wires from a Pro Micro in the base to an MCP and first of however many shiftregisters and buttons I can fit into a grip.

To be more precise, what I am wishing for are boards with input connections for wires from an Arduino board and output connections for wires to the supported number of potentiometers.

For my Warthogesque righthand grips on Saitek Throttle Quadrant project, I currently intend to put the Pro Micro in an external box at the base and a MCP3202 and 2 shift registers in the big grip and a shiftregister in the small grip.

I am considering converting the Saitek Throttle to MMjoy2 and then I would need a MCP3204 and a shiftregister in the base.

For the collective I intend to make, I am considering 2 minijoys in the grip (4 axis), dual throttle (2 axis), collective (1 axis) and zoom (1 axis). Here I would use a MCP3204 in the grip for the minijoys and another MCP3204 for the throttles, collective and zoom.

As for buttons and switches I would jam up the grip with as many buttons as possible and the shiftregisters as needed. I am considering making the base into a buttonbox, so that will also get shiftregisters.

I was considering the MCP3208 for the collective, but realized 2x MCP3204 would be better for that.

At this point I don’t have full use for the MCP3208, but I could find it later and others could have uses for it. I also already have some of them.

Mega_mozg explains the MCP possibilities better:

From SimHQ mega_mozg Quote and reply’s

Firmware has support for up to 128 buttons + 10 axis inputs (2 axis reserved for mouse emulation, Windows Game Controllers see up to 8 axis), number of buttons use depend on Arduino board number of pins available.

Possibility to use for joystick: 128 buttons + 2 HAT's (8 buttons) + 8 axis

Possibility to use for mouse emulation: 3 buttons + 2 axis

Possibility to use for keyboard emulation: 12 buttons (or 15 without "mouse")

To maximize the MCU (Arduino board) pins use:

For axis - MCP3208 external ADC, what allow use 8 channel 12 bit (this free 4 pins on Arduino and allow 8 analog axis inputs)

For buttons - shift register IC 74HC165 or CD 4021B (this free 3 pins on Arduino and allow UNLIMITED button sources chaining one Shift Register IC in another, each manage 8 buttons)

Reply 1

now only one difference between any board - is a available pins count.

Sparkfun[promicro] - total 18 pins, and 9 can be used for internal(onboard ADC) axis.

Arduino[leonardo] - total 23 pins, 11 internal axis.

Arduino[micro] - total 24 pins, 12 internal axis.

PJRC[Teensy 2.0] - total 25 pins, 12 internal axis.

JRC[Teensy 2.0 ++] - total 46 pins, 8 internal axis.

so if you want more axis, you can use SPI connected external ADC:

a) "kma200" magnetic field angle sensor + 13 bit ADC;

b) "MCP3201" 1 channel 12 bit ADC;

c) "MCP3202" 2 channels 12 bit ADC;

d) "MCP3204" 4 channels 12 bit ADC;

e) "MCP3208" 8 channels 12 bit ADC;

f) "MMSENS(MCP3202+KMZ60)" magnetic field angle sensor KMZ60 + MCP3202 12 bit ADC + trigonometric math at controller, my new project digital sensor;

SPI is a very easy to use, just connect power and ground from controller to ADC and connect SPI lines MISO/MOSI/SCK and CS(chip select). pin "CS" are individual for ADC, other pins is common for all ADC's connected.

Reply 2

Originally Posted By: tirta

"so for pro micro, there are 18 pins.

If I use 6 for axis, there are only 12 pins left for buttons?

so 16 axis with 64 buttons are not possible for pro micro?

Are these correct?"

it is correct only if you want to use internal ADC.

but with two "mcp3208" connected to "pro micro" you can access to 16 axis(used 2 pins to "SPI-CS"), and you have 16 pins to buttons 8*8 = 64.

The reply’s and example can be found on this page at SimHQ:

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4024754/5

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

You can't have more than 8 axis in MMJoy afaik and instead of a button matrix, just use shift registers. That way you can have 96 buttons with only 2 pins used. Debolestis has uploaded DIY PCBs on osh park and I offer ready made plug and play 4021 boards. As for the MCP3208 you need to be really careful with grounding and decoupling, as the Arduino introduces enough digital noise that you can easily mess up your expected 12 Bit resolution and end up with effectively less than before.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

• 1 month later...
OK, I am busy at the moment, I can make this in march. Please remind me if I forget.

Thank you very much Debolestis. I very much appreciate it and look forward to being able to order the resulting PCB’s.

I am sorry that it has taken me this long to reply.

Life have taken its share of time. My Grandmother lost a lot of weight in December. In the middle of January she was diagnosed with cancer and trouble with some of her inner organs. A first operation didn’t help and my German cousin from Australia, dropped everything and came up here to stay with Grandmother. My cousin and I hadn't seen each other for 38 years, so I went there to spend some quality time with our grandmother, my cousin and her daughter.

A second operation has helped and Grandmother can eat and is feeling better and my cousin has returned to Australia.

Happy simming

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Thank you for the headsup rel4y.

I agree on the 8 axes. The 16 axes was from a 2014 reply from mega_mozg.

I am going the shift registers way. I already have some of Debolestis Shift register 8 and 16 boards and I intend to order a set of his 32 boards as well. I have also gotten some of the ALPS 5 Way switch boards.

I also intend to get some of your 4021 boards. I expect it to be 10 of them, but I will have to see what economics allow.

I found possible use for the MCP3208. It could be for something like a Forklift simulator- or Farming simulator functions controller.

I assume that the grounding and decoupling is also equally needed for the MCP3202 and MCP3204 as well?

I have read about grounding and decoupling and get the gist of why it is needed, but just know that I will not be able to create anything of practical use with that knowledge. Just as I know that I do not have the motorskills for SMD soldering. Yeah I have ruined a couple of projects learning that.

Happy Simming

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

• 1 month later...