Debolestis Shapeways shop

VKB electronic adapter is for manage Warthog Shift Register of  3x CD4021 = 24 buttons, in Warthog/F-18 grips are used 19 buttons +POV HAT (4) = 23 buttons.

CH Fighterstick has 16 buttons + POV HAT (4), so theoretically you can use more 4 buttons, but better ask in VKB forum if the adapter translate all Shift register 24 buttons or even more.

• Like 1

No updates from VKB yet, but I'll post if I learn something about this.

Debolestis, would your 24 bit Shift register board do the trick -- make a CH Fighter Stick or Combat Stick appear like a TM Warthog stick?
This is for my VKB conversion project posted above. 

I've seen the OSH Park webpage, but wondering if you also have these made or stored somewhere in Europe? Including our home country 😉 (Da ti ne spemam sad ovaj topic!)

On 1/12/2021 at 12:32 AM, Sokol1_br said:

The (proprietary) connector in VKB adapter is pressed in the place

No, it's not. In earlier versions there was a threaded pin that had to be screwed out to free the connector, now it's just a rubber block that holds the connector in place and is very easy to remove. And then the connector goes out.

Besides, the connector itself can be purchased from AliExpress or eBay- here is the link.

Edited by Sergey_Pe

6 hours ago, Sergey_Pe said:

Besides, the connector itself can be purchased from AliExpress or eBay- here is the link.

That's a 5pin connector (which I think they used in the past). Are you saying that a 3pin XLR connector can be repurposed to work with VKB? That would solve some of my Rev A / Rev B issues...

Thanks for the rubber bit info, that's encouraging!

19 hours ago, AstroNomad said:

That's a 5pin connector (which I think they used in the past). Are you saying that a 3pin XLR connector can be repurposed to work with VKB? That would solve some of my Rev A / Rev B issues...

Sorry, you are right- I've automatically mentioned the old connector as I'm still using it in all my VKB gear: it's more reliable than the current 3-pin proprietary version. Not sure how easy/ difficult it would be to install a mating part into a Gladiator base...

The info about removing the connector (both Rev. A and Rev. B) from the adapter is valid anyway. 

Edited by Sergey_Pe

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I also want to make some grip addons for my new Warthog system. I own many old FLCS sticks and that way I have about nearly 20 shift register pcb's from the FLCS lying arround. I know that it's possible two use those old shift registers with the Cougar or the Warthog base, but I couldn't find any wiring diagram for it anywhere.

Someone in the forum here told that some hats are up side down and a few buttons don't work if you connect all the hats and switches like they were connected in the original FLCS and put those signals via a 5pole mini din to a warthog base.

Has anyone a wiring diagram for the old FLCS shift registers to use with the Warthog or Cougar?

Thank's in advance.

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

8 hours ago, Viper1970 said:

Hello guys,

I also want to make some grip addons for my new Warthog system. I own many old FLCS sticks and that way I have about nearly 20 shift register pcb's from the FLCS lying arround. I know that it's possible two use those old shift registers with the Cougar or the Warthog base, but I couldn't find any wiring diagram for it anywhere.

Someone in the forum here told that some hats are up side down and a few buttons don't work if you connect all the hats and switches like they were connected in the original FLCS and put those signals via a 5pole mini din to a warthog base.

Has anyone a wiring diagram for the old FLCS shift registers to use with the Warthog or Cougar?

Thank's in advance.

Nice idea mate, I didn't know this was possible. +1 subscribed for this. 

I know it's possible. Someone has already made it and showed a Video of it on Youtube, but he also mentioned that it's not a 1:1 solution. Some minor things are different and you have to change some pins. It would be nice to know what exactly is different, so you have a smaller chance to fry the Warthog or the Cougar 😅.

P.S: Maybe I will try it. If you don't tumble the pinout oft the mini din plug and take a bit care of the rest, all what could happen is that some hats are up side down or something similar. To fix this you have to do some trial and error.

Just found this about such a project:

Edited by Viper1970

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 3:59 PM, Viper1970 said:

P.S: Maybe I will try it. If you don't tumble the pinout oft the mini din plug and take a bit care of the rest, all what could happen is that some hats are up side down or something similar. To fix this you have to do some trial and error.

Did you give it a shot? I realised I could just solder a 5 pin JST onto the FLCS shift register PCB where it normally contacts with its original base, so as to be able to connect the register board with the VKB adapter.

I am waiting for parts, but I also don't know the wire diagram for those 5 wires that lead into to base... Probably very similar to Warthog/Cougar diagram that was posted here a few times, but no way to tell for sure. And in any case, I don't know how VKB expects to read those, it could be different to the TM DIN. 

Hi, not at the moment. I'm just trying to built my own controls for my homepit project for the F-14 (throttle), the F-15 (stick and throttle), the F/A-18 (throttle) and AH-64D (cyclic and collective) and after all this 3D-work I will do the interfacing with the Warthog electronics and the rest of the electronics of my TM stuff, I wanted to use for it.

Edited by Viper1970

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but is it possible to get the STL files to print parts on my own 3D printer?

A friend of mine has broken the Thrustmaster Warthog joystick tailpiece and I am hoping to get him back up and running quickly by printing the part myself. If it were me, I would order the metal part, and he might end up doing that anyway.

Thanks,

Pegasus

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Question..

Thrustmaster base and custom stick.. 

in joy.cpl the buttons are not working and flickering...

i use debolestis print 8 register 1 10k resistor and CD4021BE.. 

can someone help me on that? dis there a difference between 4021 chips?

gr

Johan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

can I still purchase some replacement sensors for my original Cougar stick? I understand that I should go for some GVL ones.

Any help gratefully received.

have a good flight

'52

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

• 7 months later...