[Unable to repeat] Can't complete mission 3

Gazza.Blake

• ED Team

Sorry folks, but I just flew the mission yet again with no issues. Once the F-15E's hit their targets, the Mission Success message was displayed and score set to proceed to next mission.

In the next update we will update the mission though a bit by removing the need to keep the Hens alive after they attack. The ONLY conditions are the GCI and C3 bunker being destroyed and the player staying in the play area.

Gosh, I'm not sure what to say.

I flew again and once more, no message of mission success. I constantly checked my position, and carefully stayed away from restricted zones. Dodge hit their targets and got away alive. They even told me when they were at IP and running in.

One my my wingmen did violate restricted space, chasing after a stray MiG. Not sure if that would count against me.

I also have this on TacView.

I tried editing my logbook to advance the mission manually, but that doesn't seem to work.

Edited by TheHighwayman

(Images)Mission 3 possible bug found? Eagles do not bomb correct target?

I'm getting pretty frustrated with mission 3. I follow the objectives, stay out of the red zones, shoot down every MiG in Nevada. Still, no mission success. Have to repeat again, and again...

Could this be the reason why?

e0clFMm

Notice, Dodge 2 bombed the USA? Is this a bug?

Dodge 2 drops GBUs, but they drop them into the sand, missing the EWR target.

bMd2XOE

Dodge 1 drops a second later with Mk82s, and hits.

Qqq0odS

I suspect I'm not completing the mission because the AI is up to something that's a little off.

Any help?

Direct link to images here:

http://imgur.com/a/YxBI4

Edited by TheHighwayman

SOLVED!

Sort of?

I think I have discovered the problem. The waypoints for both Dodge 1 and 2 specify the SAME target, so both drop on one target, but fail to bomb the other.

No wonder I can't pass the mission, no matter how hard I try.

The question is, how did this become broken? And, how can I fix it? I can edit the mission, but I cannot edit the mission and save it in the campaign, or so I believe.

Link to screencap:

http://i.imgur.com/tPs6Wjd.jpg

• ED Team

Again, we cannot repeat this. Both targets are hit separately.

It sounds like you have either broken, out-of-date, or un-purchased copy of the mission.

We will update all mission files in the next campaign update.

Screen_160408_155550.thumb.jpg.55389c5dce16329c5018eaa580d3efa2.jpg

Screen_160408_155537.thumb.jpg.a1b3cc1fcf14091054075ed9be6d6b51.jpg

Edited by Wags

Thank you.

At least I now know I am neither crazy nor incompetent, and I assure you I do have a valid serial key and proof of purchase!

I suppose there is no way to edit and save by hand, then fly the mission?

I'll quit bugging about this now that it seems the mystery is solved. Thanks again for your kindly efforts, they are appreciated.

Same issue here. Replayed it 10 times now! Every time all 6 migs are down in short order no allied casualties, both dodge flights report hitting their target but my results stay at 0, stay on station for an hour, everyone either goes home runs out of fuel or gets hit by a Sam.....just done a repair see if that helps at all. Valid serial and install.

EDIT: repair conducted, replayed mission 3. This is exactly how it played out:

Taxied out behind the last group of f16

Pushed at 07

Destroyed 2 migs at wp9

Sprinted to wp10 and destroyed 2 migs by time 18

Back up to wp9 and down to wp10, 2 more migs destroyed

Dodge 1 and 2 both claim to hit their targets.

Stay on station at wp10-11 for 45 mins (time compression)

Low fuel rtb

Land park and exit

Results 50 6 kills. Campaign doesn't progress.

I parked the campaign soon after its release waiting for a patch for fixes and I still can't get past mission 3! Campaigned files are dated as 27/2/16 DCS version 2.0.1.50747

Edited by Petchyboy

I5 2500k@4.4ghz, GTX980 OC, 16gb Gskill 12800 DDR3 ram, ssd. Thrustmaster warthog, CH pedals. Track ir 4p

• 2 weeks later...

Red Flag Mission 3 - need help

Hello boys!

I'm really enjoying the campaign so far although i'm kinda stuck on mission 3, i've done it a couple of times and it seems that i'm missing something.

I've tried it again today and it went really well, i even got a medal, but still no mission success. After the engagements against the migs i capped steer 10 and 11 for 30 minutes and nothing happened, so i decided to hit the tanker and i ended up smashing into it after some time...

Here is the link to the acmi, it's 25mb cause it's 1 hour and 20 minutes of flight, if u could be kind enough to take a look at it and give me a hint to complete the mission i'd really appreciate it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B44e1TPdDglpZENmRTNEM293M0k/view?usp=sharing

Thank you.

Haven't looked at the track yet, but could well be the random fault myself and a few others have had with it. Wait until the next patch and try again is the advice Wags gave in the bugs section.

I5 2500k@4.4ghz, GTX980 OC, 16gb Gskill 12800 DDR3 ram, ssd. Thrustmaster warthog, CH pedals. Track ir 4p

• ED Team

As has been mentioned before, the NTTR ATC is still incomplete and takeoff clearance is not working.

However, no problems here with wingmen taxiing and taking off after ATC taxi clearance is given to the player flight.

As has been mentioned before, the NTTR ATC is still incomplete and takeoff clearance is not working.

However, no problems here with wingmen taxiing and taking off after ATC taxi clearance is given to the player flight.

Yes i ment i can't receive start-up and taxi clearance, my wingmen won't move, i'm gonna try reset the campaign, thanks!

Blackasdf, how long did you wait for ATC to respond? With heavy radio traffic it can take couple of minutes really. Also, many times long before I heard the audio from ATC I saw change of status in radio menu (i.e. from "ready to taxi" to "ready for take off" - or something like that).

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Blackasdf, how long did you wait for ATC to respond? With heavy radio traffic it can take couple of minutes really. Also, many times long before I heard the audio from ATC I saw change of status in radio menu (i.e. from "ready to taxi" to "ready for take off" - or something like that).

like 20 minutes, no radio traffic from tower, just AI flights announcing their positions, usually when i move without getting proper clearance i can see the status change from the radio menu like u said, but i'm not getting any kind of response or menu change this time.