RomeoKilo's Pit

romeokilo

This is absolutely amazing! I have always had a fond feeling for simpits, and yours is one of the best that I have ever seen for the A-10C! There are some things that I am sure are going to be added, like the HUD framing and a tiny little parachute when you pull out to eject. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Looks fantastic but you can easily see the middle where images are morphed. I have one question. Does the trackir work at all with all the background light from the projectors? If trackir is a problem can it be moved closer and shaded from the projector light?

• 1 month later...

Hello and a big Thank you. I shamelessly copied much of your work (without your labour, pics and guidance i would never had started my own pit) and am trying to replicate your CDU. My question is: how do the f-keys work? I did not find anything in the DCS-BIOS documentations to help me. Do you use a keyboard-controller of some sort? And again: Thanks! You are a real inspiration.

Greetings from germany

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Romeo. I know you're happily flying in an awesome pit now, but I wonder whether you still have some sketches/ideas/photos form your initial Obutto start. I ask as I have the r3volution and would like to add some tactile feel to my VR experience.

So any plans or pic's - anything really - that could inspire me to create a sort of front dash utilizing the Obutto R3volution framem would be greatly appreciated

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good Evening Gents!

Sorry i have not been active on the forums for a long time!

I logged in today and just realised how behind on the times i am!

There is an A-10C II coming!! Sweet baby jesus!! :pilotfly:

I have updated my panel files and fixed the link in the other thread. Here is is as well- CLICK HERE

In the time Ive been gone ive still been working on my pit (It now had a triple projecter setup with a 270 degree screen surface) and flying it much more now as well :pilotfly:.

Ive been far more active on Instagram and Youtube than the forums- I have posted a few videos below.

So-

Sorry for the (very) delayed responses to the questions posted above- but here are some answers nontheless.

Hello and a big Thank you. I shamelessly copied much of your work (without your labour, pics and guidance i would never had started my own pit) and am trying to replicate your CDU. My question is: how do the f-keys work? I did not find anything in the DCS-BIOS documentations to help me. Do you use a keyboard-controller of some sort? And again: Thanks! You are a real inspiration.

Greetings from germany

Cheers! The F1-F12 keys on the CDU are programmed via Helios. Just add the input command as a keyboard press. I used the same method for my ejection handles, they dont actually send any command to DCS, they just hit CTL E three times.

How many sheets of MDF to make the curved slats for the frame of the projector screen?

From memory I squeezed six of them out of two sheets.

Hi Romeo. I know you're happily flying in an awesome pit now, but I wonder whether you still have some sketches/ideas/photos form your initial Obutto start. I ask as I have the r3volution and would like to add some tactile feel to my VR experience.

So any plans or pic's - anything really - that could inspire me to create a sort of front dash utilizing the Obutto R3volution framem would be greatly appreciated

Unfortunatley I never had any plans for that one, it was all Mark 1 eyeball and a hacksaw. The original write up is linked in the first post- but all the pictures are well and truly dead. If you still want a look shoot me an email @thewarthogproject@gmail.com and ill be happy to share some.

2romeokilo.

In CDU module a used 480*800 or 480*272 sreeen? And is it connected via an HDMI interface to PC or you use it with raspberry?

I used this one - CLICK HERE

It was connected via HDMI. Unfortunatly since i switched to 3 projectors i have had to disconnect it (i dont have enough video outputs on my PC). Im hunting other solutions now- be it a PI or another graphics card. Still researching.

Hey RK, great build diary! Any chance you're still providing your panel files? Just went to one of the links on your YouTube and the link appears to be dead. Looking forward to seeing an F18 pit build in the future!

Yeah sorry the link broke. New one updated and above as well.

Edited by romeokilo

• 2 months later...

I'm not as ambitious as you guys. I have a custom seat, a large primary screen and a smaller touch screen that I output Helios too. Good enough for me to get blown out of the sky several times a day.

I have been asking around to find an answer to one question about using the HUD only mode with the A10-C / II. What do I have to edit to get rid of two overly large MFCD's when I try to use the HUD only mode.

I have asked others but they were old enough to be ver 1 of DCS and they couldn't remember what file they edited to correct the output. Now that we are on ver 2 I doubt it would work any way.

If you not sure what I'm talking about let me know and I'll post a screen shot.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the upcoming ARC 210 radio, are you planning to use an 128x64 pixel display, connected to an Arduino or rather go for a LCD / OLED display connected to your graphics-card (to have the data exported via a viewport)?

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

• 1 month later...

Hello RomeoKilo, I am looking at building a 180 projection screen and I am building a Viper pit. What are the dimensions of the 180 screen? The Diameter and what is the width of the widest portion of your pit? I need the Eye to screen distance also. Thanks Very much!

• 1 month later...

Great video about your ARC-210!

Thank you for all the inspiration and explanation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRrlgF6j6ro&t=1s

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)