Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Hi to all.

I would insert into DCS World some battleships and cruisers of WWII.

Too bad I immediately found a big problem I can not solve:

you do not hear the roar of the cannons.

The animations on the 3D model are correct, the turrets aim and shoot in the right direction but in place of the cannons roar you hear only noise, And if you point with the "F9" button in front of the cannon in the line of fire, otherwise You do not feel that either.

Can someone help me? :(

Thanks.

Mario.

oa7WtKQl.jpg

hZDzpfHl.jpg

zixH7F1l.jpg

Whoa! Someone please help this man! Would be an incredible addition. OP, thank you for your efforts. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Ships don't seem to use the same sound structure as vehicles but I did see a CannonNavy.ogg in DCS World\Sounds\Effects\Weapons so maybe it gets tied to the model somehow?? through connectors?? Guessing you already have this info though knowing you. I hope someone can help as these sort of objects are really needed.

Hi to all.

I would insert into DCS World some battleships and cruisers of WWII.

Too bad I immediately found a big problem I can not solve:

you do not hear the roar of the cannons.

The animations on the 3D model are correct, the turrets aim and shoot in the right direction but in place of the cannons roar you hear only noise, And if you point with the "F9" button in front of the cannon in the line of fire, otherwise You do not feel that either.

Can someone help me? :(

Thanks.

Mario.

My guess is this issue could be due to sounder file configuration. noexpression.gif

Since v 1.5, new .lua files were added into the sound directory, located in the sounders sub-folder. Sounders files for naval vessel weapon systems can be found in your DCS World's sound folder in > Sounders/GroundUnits/WeaponSystem/Navy.

There are lua files of the ships respective of their GT.Name. Copying and renaming a sounder lua file to the GT.Name of your ship mod will do, but considering the weapons are different, the sounder code in the .lua file will have to be altered.

Edited by Cadarth
Clarity
  • Like 1

Salute! :3

Looking forward to the progress, it looks like Cadarth may have found your answer.

Edited by LevelPulse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Looks really good Markindel.

Just two comments:

Would it be possible make the ship roll a bit slower in the waves?

In the video it looks like it is rolling a little bit too fast for such a heavy battleship.

Anther thing: Would it be possible to produce the big plumes of flame from the cannons when firing?

An example from USS Iowa is shown here:

article-0-130E80C5000005DC-474_634x399.jpg

Both things only mentioned because they could perfect your model even more.

And for the cannon flames, look really impressive when in action.:)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Thanks to all the Forum for your nice words.

Here are the first images of the shooting tests of the quadruples machine guns. Shot down the first P51D.

OLyRTVLl.jpg

m7QvPohl.jpg

3iZrOMBl.jpg

During testing, a mysterious enemy battleship approached too.

Someone is able to recognize this beautiful battleship? :music_whistling:

aSEsQEol.jpg

Wow! incredible. Very nice, can't wait to load up this mod. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control