Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Here are the first test with the damage model of the P38D.

Sorry guys but I have not been able to do the collision model.

The plane is not governable and sinks into the runway.

So, The P38D will only AI.

Like AI the P38 works fine.

I had several friends who have tried to help me but unfortunately we did not succeed.

The problem is that in DCS there isn't a WWII plane with the wheel of the truck underneath the nose. Surely there are values in the lua files to edit that I do not know.

Wp9HoT8l.jpg

j3QQbSCl.jpg

Just having it released as A.I will be massive for me. :thumbup:Are we nearing a release of the A.I model?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hi westr.

yes, we are near to the AI version.

great news :thumbup:

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

The B29 is AI only. The issue is when you try to use the P38 as a flyable aircraft with a human pilot....so actually you'd be better off looking at any one of the modern flyable jets but if era makes a different then it would be the F86 or Mig15 that would be closest.

Here is the P38D, first version.

I thank all the friends who have helped me.

Please read the readme.txt

********** Mod for DCS World *******************************

*********** P38D *******************************

1) CAUTION: To use this mod, you must have purchased the P51D

2) unzip the zip file and copy the P-38D Lightning folder inside the folder C: \ Program Files \ Eagle Dynamics \ DCS World \ Mods \ aircraft

3) Copy folders

bin

cockpit

FM

from the folder P51D

and paste them into the folder of the P38D

4) The P38D is driveable but I recommend using it only as AI.

Known bugs: in this version you can not land and take off

If you want to pilot the P38D must place the aircraft in flight directly from the mission Editor.

If I can fix this error will release a new version.

A cordial greeting to all.

Markindel

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hq97ig4got6oqjr/P-38D_Lightning.zip

Hi Markindel, can I make a request. Its great to have a B-17 available as A.I and I really appreciate your efforts btw.

I have noticed that the B-17 when reacting to a threat accelerates to around 260Kts. Also if you set reaction to threat to NO REACTION in ME, it will still react to threat. I was hoping to set some missions where the B-17's would maintain formation. (I know about the issue with returning fire and staying straight and level in DCS World:) )

Is there a way of rectifying this with the B-17 mod?

Regards,

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

I can answer for Markindel as this question comes up often, unfortunately all the bombers will act as per modern strategic bombers in that they will break and evade attacking fighters. This is a DCS issue and the ED development team will need to make adjustments somehow to the AI in the core game when they introduce a WW2 theatre. If you look back through the thread you will find a scripted version to force them to keep formation but then you will lose their guns and bombing and these functions will also become scripted. The PBYs typically operated at most in pairs so their current DCS behaviour is accurate but the B29, B17 and any other "formation" bomber will not react correctly at present. There are a few workarounds that delay the onset of the formation breakup but inevitably it will break up. They do reform and continue the mission after they lose the fighters as long as you don't allow them the option of aborting the mission.

Did you try whit elicopter lua gears parameters?

In download and try to ...

The friends of the Russian forum suggested me to put these parameters in the lua files.

tailGearStockLength = 00:20

tailGearSpringForceFactor = 9000000.0

tailGearSpringForceFactorRate = 20

tailGearStaticForce = 38000.0

tailGearReduceLength = 0.02

tailGearDirectDamperForceFactor = 20.0

tailGearBackDamperForceFactor = 90000.0

tailGearDamageLengthLim = 00:10

the problem is that as soon as I put this data in p38D.lua the aero does not work anymore.

tonight I call you on the phone.

(Thanking God you speak in Italian) :):)

Could you a bit to adjust the camera?

nrIiu0Pww9E.jpg

Readme.txt from P38D :)

4) The P38D is driveable but I recommend using it only as AI.

ok,ZIGGER1984, I'll see what I can do,

The data to vary are located in file Views.lua

We should do the tests.

Also it is missing the argument which makes invisible External model "F1".

Edited by Markindel

I can answer for Markindel as this question comes up often, unfortunately all the bombers will act as per modern strategic bombers in that they will break and evade attacking fighters. This is a DCS issue and the ED development team will need to make adjustments somehow to the AI in the core game when they introduce a WW2 theatre. If you look back through the thread you will find a scripted version to force them to keep formation but then you will lose their guns and bombing and these functions will also become scripted. The PBYs typically operated at most in pairs so their current DCS behaviour is accurate but the B29, B17 and any other "formation" bomber will not react correctly at present. There are a few workarounds that delay the onset of the formation breakup but inevitably it will break up. They do reform and continue the mission after they lose the fighters as long as you don't allow them the option of aborting the mission.

Ok I understand, thanks, but does this also mean you cannot adjust the speed the B-17 reaches when it makes its evasive manouvers?

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Make sure that all waypoints for the bomber have the desired speed, that may help. The max speed in the .lua looked fine to me (I have seen this issue as well). Though like other things the AI does, seems to override settings and uses its own.

Ref the B-17G. In the B-17 lua file I noticed that although the max speed at sea level and altitude is set correctly the mach max was set to 0.53 or something around there which is a little over 400 mph. So when taking evasive manoeuvres she seems to take this figure, which makes sense as I was having to go like the clappers in a 109 to keep up and as a result was behind the B-17 for long periods of time representing a nice steady target for him.

I've adjusted this setting to mach 0.37 which is roughly correct and it works a gem. B-17 on its own is easy meat for the 109.

Once again thanks for this MOD :)

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Ok sorry I think you have the original lua. 0.53 is a hold over from the B29 - Have you got the correct lua file Westr?

There is a later one which has a 0.34 here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2806283&postcount=307 and alternative loadouts and corrected number of guns.

I am working on a new version that has updated damage values to make them survive a bit more as expected. Ditto B29 and PBY. B29 and PBY are done, having a few hiccups with the B17 otherwise it would be posted already. Once that is done and hopefully no more issues found then it's onto the zero and p38 to check over the luas and correct anything that needs it and is doable by me and to see if getting the zero to drop bombs for a human pilot is achievable in the short term.

Hi Rob,

Sorry I did mean to reply but got side tracked. If it is just a matter of strapping a new lua onto the existing shape then I can possibly do it but would want to check with DOL first as the B29 is his. If a new model is needed then I have no idea on that side at all nor skinning I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Stonehouse,

Any chance of finding time to convert the B-29 mod into a new Tu-4 mod? I'm not a modder but I think it would be a minimal effort compared to all the others, change out the .50 cal for the 23 mm from the Mig-15 and of course a new skin. Engines were slightly more powerful as well but not sure if this is an easy fix or worth the trouble.

I would love to have this mod and a Tu-4 mod running in the Georgian Spring server. I will introduce the B-29 mod now that it has been revised this weekend.

Cheers

Edited by Stonehouse

Hi Rob,

Sorry I did mean to reply but got side tracked. If it is just a matter of strapping a new lua onto the existing shape then I can possibly do it but would want to check with DOL first as the B29 is his. If a new model is needed then I have no idea on that side at all nor skinning I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

No worries Stonehouse,

The Tu-4 was an exact copy of the B-29 with the exception of Russian designed engines and the 23mm cannon was substituted for the 50 cal

No worries Stonehouse,

The Tu-4 was an exact copy of the B-29 with the exception of Russian designed engines and the 23mm cannon was substituted for the 50 cal

You're right, that's it.

The tu-4 and B-29 are identical. To convert the B-29 Tu-4, simply edit the textures.

Read this link.

http://www.rb-29.net/html/03relatedstories/03.03shortstories/03.03.10contss.htm

I've contacted DOL to see if he agrees to me creating a revised Tu4 lua for his model. If he is ok then it can be a B29/Tu4 mod. You would need to install it twice though to have both available. I can't do skins so you'll need someone to put Russian stars where the USAAF markings are at least.