Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Sorry guys the B17 is still giving me grief and I am having trouble getting all Markindel's damage animations to work even though I don't think I have changed anything material. In any case I'll post up whatever I have for the B17 at the end of my Sunday so at least the increased survivability is there for you.

The PBY and B29 seem ok on the other hand so here they are. I've been pretty busy with some real life things so while I don't think I changed anything other than the damage table on the PBY and B29 and therefore I believe they will still bomb and shoot back as previously I did not have time to test them much.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

B-29.lua

PBY5Catalina.lua

It's Markindel's call as they are his mods, I am just helping him with the lua side. I believe he feels they are all WIP and he plans to upload them to DCS user files when he feels they are ready.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Yes, it is just so

For now, all jobs are in WIP, we are trying to improve them.

Por example, soon will release the new beta version of the P38D, I finally solved the problem of the collision files.

Now you can take off and land with the flyable aircraft.

The mod in this thread downloaded and do some tests.

All together we can do something good.

Edited by Markindel
  • Like 1

Por example, soon will release the new beta version of the P38D, I finally solved the problem of the collision files.

Now you can take off and land with the flyable aircraft. ...

Thanks a lot Markindel, I'm happy to hear this. :thumbup:

antonio.

********** Mod for DCS World *******************************

*********** P38D *******************************

------ Delete the old version ---------------------------

1) CAUTION: To use this mod, you must have purchased the P51D

2) unzip the zip file and copy the P-38D Lightning folder inside the folder C: \ Program Files \ Eagle Dynamics \ DCS World \ Mods \ aircraft

3) Copy folders

bin

cockpit

FM

from the folder P51D

and paste them into the folder of the P38D

4) In this version it is possible to land but very difficult to take off.

The aircraft does not maintain the longitudinal axis.

To help take off the brakes (Left control + W / Left Alt + W)

- Enhanced Collision file

- Enhanced damage system

- added the argument 114

If I can fix this error will release a new version.

A cordial greeting to all.

Markindel

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hq97ig4got6oqjr/P-38D_Lightning.zip

p.s. I do not understand why the aircraft does not maintain the longitudinal axis.

Any help is welcome.

Edited by Markindel
  • Like 1

this is my dream ...

Unfortunately I do not know how to write the necessary lua files.

If anyone has any idea is absolutely welcome.

Inside the DCS exists Cruise missile AGM-86, could be a good start for the study of lua files for V1 (Fieseler Fi 103)

dk1DCfEl.jpg

hCKnRhVl.jpg

An idea for Bomber Formations for the B29 and B17.

A while ago Totoaero created a flyable C130, this is the link:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/668878/

I have been using this version of the C130 for a long time and the thing about it is you can fly four aircraft in formation with it, using the same scripts as a fighter I assume, which might be a problem in itself of course.

I have used it to simulate a para drop, and it looks really good with 4 x C130 in tight formation on each other.

I appreciate it is not practical for take off or landing, but it could be very useful for creating a large formation, 6 sets of 4 aircraft, that sort of thing, for the larger bombing formations.

I don't know how the bombers would react on bomb dropping etc, they may try to be fighters, but it might be worth a look to see if this could be useful.

I tried to change the 'singleton' setting on the B17 just to see if it could be done but that did not work.

Just a thought, perhaps somebody knows how to make that change to the lua files.

Man... That buzz bomb would be soooooooo awesome. Good luck with it!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I've run across an issue with the Fletcher class DD's. It seems they are somehow immune to attack from AI aircraft.

I've been working at this for a few days not. I've got a mission using 4 stationary bulk carriers with Russian (enemy) nationality as targets. I send 2 flights of of AI controlled P-51D's with rockets to search for and attack them, and this works.

When I replace the bulk carriers with the USS_Walker, simply replacing the unit type and saving the mission under a different name, the P-51's fly the start of their paths normally, but when they approach the DD's and should start their attack runs (and one turning point is right over the top of the DD's) they simply fly overhead, turn and fly away.

Even if I use <F10> to add a new path to each flight and add each DD as an extra target, the 2 flights then simply fly circles around the DD's for ever without attempting a single attack.

If I set the leader to one of the flights to player or client and fly it myself and order my flight to attack, they all reply one after another either 'negative' or that they cannot.

I've attached both mission:

- Anti-Ship 02.04.miz = attacking the bulk carriers.

- Anti-Ship 02.05.miz = attacking the DD's.

Anti-Ship 02.04.miz

Anti-Ship 02.05.miz

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yes this issue was discovered a week or so ago while testing the PBY mod and confirmed by several people independently. The issue seems to indicate that DCS doesn't recognise the ships introduced by modding as valid targets and essentially from the AIs point of view they don't exist. It appears to be all mod ships by the way.

I've run across an issue with the Fletcher class DD's. It seems they are somehow immune to attack from AI aircraft......

Pretty sure it is this bit that gives you a 4ship

mapclasskey = "P0091000025",

attribute = {wsType_Air, wsType_Airplane, wsType_Fighter, WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER ,"Battleplanes",},

Categories = {"{78EFB7A2-FD52-4b57-A6A6-3BF0E1D6555F}", "Interceptor",},

Intruders/Strategic Bombers (current B17G, B29 setup) are limited to 1 plane per group. Battleplanes are configured by DCS are 4 per group. It's possible to try fiddling with the B17 but it may stop bombing as a result. Experimentation required.

An idea for Bomber Formations for the B29 and B17.

A while ago Totoaero created a flyable C130, this is the link:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/668878/

I have been using this version of the C130 for a long time and the thing about it is you can fly four aircraft in formation with it, using the same scripts as a fighter I assume, which might be a problem in itself of course.

I have used it to simulate a para drop, and it looks really good with 4 x C130 in tight formation on each other.

I appreciate it is not practical for take off or landing, but it could be very useful for creating a large formation, 6 sets of 4 aircraft, that sort of thing, for the larger bombing formations.

I don't know how the bombers would react on bomb dropping etc, they may try to be fighters, but it might be worth a look to see if this could be useful.

I tried to change the 'singleton' setting on the B17 just to see if it could be done but that did not work.

Just a thought, perhaps somebody knows how to make that change to the lua files.

Yes this issue was discovered a week or so ago while testing the PBY mod and confirmed by several people independently. The issue seems to indicate that DCS doesn't recognise the ships introduced by modding as valid targets and essentially from the AIs point of view they don't exist. It appears to be all mod ships by the way.

Okay, thanks Stonehouse :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Earlier than I planned but here you go. B17 with upgraded damage rating and now is hopefully as people expect. Unfortunately I could not get the left outer wing and left engine damage animations to work nor the stabiliser/elevators but all the other animations including the fuselage damage is working. Again not a mass of testing of bombing as I was only changing the damage table.

Hopefully no one will now tell me it's too hard to shoot one down lol.

Regards,

Stonehouse

B17G.lua