Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Just to liven the thread up, I'll post a promo video of the upcoming DC-3 that the boys are working hard on. Markindel really has done some great work with the 3D model, Stonehouse's tweaking the flight model and CrazzyEddie skinning the hell out of it, she's going to be a great little mod.

I'll hasten to add that there is a lot of work in progress in the video, textures are just at the first pass and are nothing much more than 'functional' right now, flight model is getting a work over and the cockpit animations grow by the day.

There's still a way to go yet, but every day brings progress.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed
Typo

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WW2 VR garage

Seems every time I come here It's like Christmas morning over and over again!:)

Markindel, I have used your models in VR garage here,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=170379

Hope you don't mind.

Thanks again, Can't wait for DCS WW2.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

P338d DCS 2.03 in Rift!

First time trying this. I found,

1) There were no key commands at all. I copied the input folder from the P51d folder to the P38d folder and overwrote. This only gave basic commands, but there were axis assignments. No advanced commands. No brakes:D

2) To take off, I started at Nellis got rolling, and by careful use of the rudder and throttle, utilizing the wide open space available, was able to get air born!

3) Was able to assign a pay load but there was no way to deploy.:helpsmilie:

4) In the Rift the plane looks fantastic! The only issue is a missing texture on the nose. You can see the gun tubes but not the nose. The F2 outside view looks complete.

Had a lot of fun just flying around Nevada though.

On a related note, I tried this with the A6M2 Zero, following the same method. The result is the same.

Not a bug report, and certainly not complaining. I do appreciate the work on these mods.

Thought I would report my findings in DCS 2.03

Thanks for listening.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Just to liven the thread up, I'll post a promo video of the upcoming DC-3 that the boys are working hard on. Markindel really has done some great work with the 3D model, Stonehouse's tweaking the flight model and CrazzyEddie skinning the hell out of it, she's going to be a great little mod.

I'll hasten to add that there is a lot of work in progress in the video, textures are just at the first pass and are nothing much more than 'functional' right now, flight model is getting a work over and the cockpit animations grow by the day.

There's still a way to go yet, but every day brings progress.

Great work! Will this be a stand alone module or it will require another module to be flown? (p 51 or something)

Meant to say thanks days ago if none of the others beat me to it but life is busy at the moment so it didn't happen until now. One comment though is that the P38 is basically the P51 in terms of arming bombings and releasing them etc. At least it was when I last tried it and I don't think anything has changed since then. Ditto the keys available.

@predattack - probably will need the P51 is my guess right now. Long way to go yet. We've all been doing work on Lilkikki's Mistral assault ship of which Markindel and CrazyEddie will release an updated version as a tribute to Lilkiki for the last while so none of the aircraft have been worked on for a while.

1) There were no key commands at all. .....

Not a bug report, and certainly not complaining. I do appreciate the work on these mods.

Thanks for listening.

In memory of our great friend Lilkiki some of us combined resources to complete his wonderful Mod of Mistral, which we will upload soon. This is what is in it.

There are 6 Versions of Mistral with different combinations of NATO Helicopters on deck, plus 1 of Tonnerre and 1 of Dimude. 1 Mistral deck has all spots empty for anyone mad enough to try landing an F18 on it - because we know somebody is going to try !!

The Helicopters on deck are NOT flyables, they are just free static eye candy to compliment this wonderful mod.

The deck is useable for Flyable Helicopters.

Please read the ReadMe before using, any known problems are explained there.

Arriving very soon, enjoy.

CrazyEddie, Markindel, Stonehouse and Highwayman.

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

Versión 1:

oxr2kI0.jpgADtaXBi.jpg6WFrEdA.jpgkvZQpkS.jpg

El template original es de Jarek que trabaja bastante en Il2.; aunque yo estoy utilizando directamente el acabado para la campaña de Suez en la Patrulla Azul.

=============================================================

The original template is Jarek (IL2); although I am using directly the finish for the Suez campaign in the Patrulla Azul (PA).

P38d + A6M2 Zero Update?

Hello

A question that it works since the last update of OA and OB (Stand20.08.2016) the two mods: not P38d + A6M2 Zero?

The game settings are all gone blank!

Before the mods have worked very well. Is this because the last DCS update? Where can I find the latest download link for the P38d and A6M2 Zero?

Please help, I love this mods ...

Regards Challenger444:):):)

1) There were no key commands at all. I copied the input folder from the P51d folder to the P38d folder and overwrote. This only gave basic commands, but there were axis assignments. No advanced commands. No brakes:D

2) To take off, I started at Nellis got rolling, and by careful use of the rudder and throttle, utilizing the wide open space available, was able to get air born!

3) Was able to assign a pay load but there was no way to deploy.:helpsmilie:

4) In the Rift the plane looks fantastic! The only issue is a missing texture on the nose. You can see the gun tubes but not the nose. The F2 outside view looks complete.

Had a lot of fun just flying around Nevada though.

On a related note, I tried this with the A6M2 Zero, following the same method. The result is the same.

Thanks for listening.

Screen_160820_201127.thumb.jpg.c5e93ea0ae1164b565e69ff8c4972fb8.jpg

Screen_160820_201141.thumb.jpg.9ca85242ff274cd15afd5fb92a6f3a74.jpg

Lilkiki's Mistral

Lilkiki's Mistral Mod, 8 versions. Huge File 180mb.

We made a slight mistake on the mistral-empty-deck.lod file, missed a line off that allows the deck to be used by flyables. If you have that problem the corrected version is here, simply replace the bad one with this good one, or make the changes shown in the post to Hawkeye several posts below this one, sorry:

Edited by crazyeddie

Hi Challenger,

We tend to stay in the latest stable release version as not everyone has the alpha or beta (I assume that is what you mean by OA & OB) so I'm afraid the answer is "don't know". It's funny but after one of these mods is made, tested and released no one in the group seems to have spare time to go back and fly and enjoy them.:(

Anyway the P38 has not been updated since release so the DCS user files version is the current version. I have some lua updates for quite a few of the mods being worked on but Lilkiki's Mistral has been the priority for a while so they have been parked. To the best of my knowledge the Zero was never uploaded (ie "released") to user files so the WIP version higher up in this thread is the only one out there. At one point I was having a discussion with Markindel about changing the underwing hardpoint locations as I had figured out how to add a bombload that a human pilot could use but it got sidelined with other tasks.

Hello

A question that it works since the last update of OA and OB (Stand20.08.2016) the two mods: not P38d + A6M2 Zero?

The game settings are all gone blank!

Before the mods have worked very well. Is this because the last DCS update? Where can I find the latest download link for the P38d and A6M2 Zero?

Please help, I love this mods ...

Regards Challenger444:):):)

Hello Stonehouse

Thank you for the fast answer. Yes, it's sad to read that the mods are so little used. Finally, a lot of work in it. As I understand it, the mods are updated in the future of the original DCS version without OA and OB at the appropriate time?

When the time comes, I find the updates here on this blog ???

Thank you for your work, great thing ...:thumbup:

Challenger444

Hi Challenger,

We tend to stay in the latest stable release version as not everyone has the alpha or beta (I assume that is what you mean by OA & OB) so I'm afraid the answer is "don't know". It's funny but after one of these mods is made, tested and released no one in the group seems to have spare time to go back and fly and enjoy them.:(

Anyway the P38 has not been updated since release so the DCS user files version is the current version. I have some lua updates for quite a few of the mods being worked on but Lilkiki's Mistral has been the priority for a while so they have been parked. To the best of my knowledge the Zero was never uploaded (ie "released") to user files so the WIP version higher up in this thread is the only one out there. At one point I was having a discussion with Markindel about changing the underwing hardpoint locations as I had figured out how to add a bombload that a human pilot could use but it got sidelined with other tasks.

Hi Challenger,

Yes I would expect them to be updated to work in the stable release as needed. One passing thought which *may* fix your issue. It's possible the OA and OB patches changed the P-51 in some respect - even if not mentioned in the change log - and therefore the bin folder in the mod is now out of date. We use the P51 cockpit and dlls etc to provide the P38 and Zero cockpits and functionality. So you could try deleting the bin folder from the mod folder and replacing it with a copy of the bin folder from the P-51 and see if that helps or not. When I have some spare time I will try to see if I can find out the problem but without making promises I hope you understand.