Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Joey/Hawkeye

We are still looking at it, but I have run out of ideas and I have tried everything I can think of. Like Joey I think this is hard coded and we can only have 1 spawn point if we use the Ticonderoga class settings. I tried it with a Vinson class setting and we get 4 helos but they are on the 4 Vinson Take Off spots, and about 15 feet below the deck, and off to one side of the hull, so I tried Kutznetzov settings, and that was better, 4 helo's in a line behind each other, sort of, but again below the deck and off to one side of the ship.

I will have another look at the link suggested by Hawkeye above, never seen that before so worth a look tomorrow.

Its a mystery !!!

Hey Guys, I found this mod of Likiki's, WWII_German_DCS_mods vo.5

Did not work in the current DCS version.

Took a look and made a entry.lua to allow the u-boat to appear in the ME:)

Looks Great!

If you have this, Take a look, Likiki left us other goodies! If not I don't remember where I found it but can send it to you.

Really needs to be fixed!

I tried to upload the Likiki file but it is 88.0 mb

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I checked out the u-boat in VR. Beautiful! Has working weapons as well.

Can't land on it though:D

I finished adding entries for the complete mod in the entry.lua and we have have a working mod!

Likiki did a fantastic job on these.

The tanks look wonderful! excuse me, they ALL do!

Could you add the entry.lua I will provide and release this mod for all to enjoy?

It is a great addition for DCS WW2 and a wonderful tribute to him.

Also, do you know of any other Likiki mods available?

I have almost enough objects to create a WW2 VR main menu using just Likiki's mods.

Will dedicate it to him as well.

Thanks.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I seem to recall it all works except the sound as they are pre 1.5 setup.

Getting very late here for me but I think this would work assuming the usual mod/tech/etc install. Just leave out the lines for things you don't have.

declare_plugin(" WW2 Objects",

{

image = "SOO.bmp",

installed = true,

dirName = current_mod_path,

fileMenuName = _("SOO"),

version = "1.5",

state = "installed",

info = _("WW2 Objects"),

encyclopedia_path = current_mod_path .. '/Encyclopedia',

})

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dofile(current_mod_path..'/flak37.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/bunker.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/horch.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/king-tiger.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/kub.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/ladder.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/M4_Sherman.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/mercedes.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/mercedes-aaa.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/mercedes-barrels.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/N3D_Jeep.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/N3D_TruckGMC.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/panther.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/Panzer_IV.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/sdkfx.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/tiger.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/uboat.lua')

dofile(current_mod_path..'/u-boat_7c41.lua')

plugin_done()

Stonehouse,

Thank you, Your entry.lua looks much nicer. Will use it.

I do not have a few of these objects. If anyone has them and wants to share, I will add them.

I am trying to get the mod added to the user file page.

Will let you know.

ps, Just tried a small tank battle in Nevada, 3 x 3 and the sounds work fine! Cannons and engines. Fun to watch!

Update, I did find this Likiki mod inside a unified WW2 Mod. Only one small correction was needed.

Thanks

Edited by Hawkeye60

One more thought,

If someone makes a skin for one of the WW 2 planes, and I can figure out how to display it on the menu screen in VR, You could put Likiki's name on the side for all to see.

This may work better with one version the Mistral.

Would look very cool!

I do think to much sometimes!:)

I'll break the silence for a little update on the DC-3 and to announce my contribution to the DC-3 Flyable project lead by Markindel.

My work as a sound designer for the DC-3 started half a month ago and I've managed to make some good progress in that time.

Currently the mod includes 33 customly created sound samples of authentic DC-3s as well as 40 code files.

The following preview is just a WIP. Unfortunately I had to use the P-51 as a testbed due to waiting for an updated version of the delayed

DC-3 from Markindels & the team. Still I hope you enjoy it.

Stay tuned for more!

Edited by 5tuka

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Owwww, the DC3 project is coming to life slowly but surley! I can only hope you will use TF 51 instead of P 51 (DC 3 doesn't have weapons anyway) or make a stand alone module that does not need any other module to be flown.. i would love to fly this when it's done but i'm on the other side in DCS (FW 190 D9) so, hopefully i won't need the P 51 module to fly this beauty:)

Edited by predattak

I´ve found a little compatibility problem between the Gazelle, the CV-6 Enterprise Mod and the Zero mod.

Both mods had this file "Glass.dds" and when a mod with this file is in the tech folder or in the aircrafts folder at the same time with the Gazelle then the ADI slip ball dissapears because that file.

If i remove the file in both mods i recover the ADI slip ball in the Gazelle.

So i think the solution is simple. Rename the Glass.dds file in both mods to something else to avoid conflicts with the Gazelle files.

Thanks....

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I´ve found a little compatibility problem between the Gazelle, the CV-6 Enterprise Mod and the Zero mod.

Both mods had this file "Glass.dds" and when a mod with this file is in the tech folder or in the aircrafts folder at the same time with the Gazelle then the ADI slip ball dissapears because that file.

If i remove the file in both mods i recover the ADI slip ball in the Gazelle.

So i think the solution is simple. Rename the Glass.dds file in both mods to something else to avoid conflicts with the Gazelle files.

Thanks....

Fix for CV6 Enterprise - Replace Files.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/asfboorcawr4nfh/FIX_CV6_Enterprise.zip

Fix for Fighter Zero:

Just delete the texture Glass.dds from A6M2Zero.zip file

Regards.

Edited by Markindel

Gentlemen - I've been trying to do some LUA editing on the PBY, B-17, DC-3, B-29 and He-111 mods as I genuinely enjoy flying formation with classic birds in the taildraggers; thing is, the cruise speeds and climb rates are COMPLETELY wrong for all of these.

I'm not super skilled at LUA editing, but I know my way around. For example; my grandfather flew PBYs in the Marshall islands during WWII - he said they rarely cruised above 100kias, and the acfts VNE was 125mph, tops.

I genuinely appreciate and admire the work that has obviously gone into Markindel and Stonehouse's combined efforts to mod these acft into DCS, however I literally broke a Bf-109's engine attempting to chase a PBY-5A from 1500ft to 12,000ft, it left me like I was tied to a tree and it exceeded 170kias in a climb - I got into the LUA and edited the cruise and max speeds (they are in meters per second in the LUA if I recall) but it made no difference.

Anyone have any input or suggestions on this? I'd like to see these mods built up properly and fly right, I doubt Eagle Dynamics will ever really add decent AI PBYs or B-17s etc into the game for years to come, and would like to see Markindel's/Stonehouse's efforts furnished fully... let me know if any of you have advice on how to properly tweak the LUAs for airspeeds, but for example:

I setup a mission with a PBY-5A set to fly 1500ft MSL from waypoint A, to B, then land at C. At waypoint B, despite being set to fly to and from that waypoint at 1500ft MSL, it climbed to 12,000ft MSL - and it climbed at 170kias. LoL.

Little lost here... how can I help? :)

The numbers in the lua (sort of top half) are actually correct assuming the various internet reference sites floating about and reference books I own are not drastically wrong. What is wrong and we freely admit it is the SFM stuff towards the bottom of the lua and the engine thrust & modelling. eg at present the P38 doesn't take off if the correct weights are used so you may notice that it has been assigned less empty mass than is correct. At this point I really don't know if this is because we are using the P51 fm and cockpit so the second engine is ignored (even though it is specified in the lua) or the power/drag/lift coefficients are wrong (most likely or possibly it is both). As an fyi a real life an empty P38 masses more than a fully fuelled P51 with full ammo for the 50cals.

Basically as they are the mods are all WIP placeholders intended to give people something use and allow WW2 to get kind of bootstrapped in DCS world early with the intention to come back and revise things over time as our knowledge increases.

However we have very little information to work with in regard to the SFM and what we do have is seemingly quite out dated. Additionally the level of actual aerodynamic info needed to correctly build the SFM is - even from our position of little knowledge - obviously very large and not always easily available. Believe me if you try to actually do the work you get a whole new level of respect for the 3rd party devs and ED's aircraft builders and it is no wonder sometimes that things take a long time or sometimes need tweaking. If you want to give it a go then the starting point is probably here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116901

The guys working on the community A4 have said they are thinking about producing updated doco which would be very kind of them if they do and much appreciated. I can only hope they will when they have time.

It doesn't cover the damage table I'm afraid and that has been trial and error for us so is also quite a painful experience as well as being quite subjective...eg we were given the feedback that the B17 seemed too weak so tweak the numbers up until it seems about right but there is no formula I know of for 1 damage point = x amount of durability of a material being hit by some sort of reference ammunition and it is all perception only. The new damage model that is coming may help with this but it also seems quite complex from the point of view of including it in a mod and again will require a lot of info about the aircrafts systems to get it right as it seems to go down to hydraulic lines etc plus information on how to implement it in DCS World which not being 3rd party devs we will probably have to guess about.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Well, here's hoping further work can be done (I'll try and figure it out on my end if possible on the PBY and B-29 if possible, their climb rates are ridiculous) as I've spent time volunteering at flight museums in Texas that house and/or service one of the only B-29s still flying and housed a PBY-5A - trust me, it won't exceed 125mph no matter what you do to it, lol

Yes the climb rates experienced in game are over the top. We did some extra work on the DC3 (think Saturn V for first test versions of DC3) fudging the SFM and engine numbers very much by "feel" - rather than knowing what we were doing and using accurate flight data - to make it even partially acceptable. However the vertical velocities (Vy_max)quoted in the top half of the lua's are as accurate as I can find and or calculate from rates of climb figures so I know it is more complicated than it seems on the surface. Some of the top half numbers seem to do nothing and others have a drastic effect (weights for example).

Fantastic work Crazyeddie and Co.. :thumbup:

I would just like to echo those sentiments!

Last night I installed the Mistral Carrier Mod and flew a couple of approaches in a Gazelle.

I came in along side an almost full deck and aimmed for a free slot, once abeam of it I slowly shuffled my way in as the carrier cruised along. It felt so natural looking down to my right as the deck came up! Bloody amazing feeling! ( Flying in VR with OR )

My thanks and thoughts also go to Lilkiki who did such an outstanding job to give us this real gem.

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Ship wish list

Ship wish list,

Littoral combat ship

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147253

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147253&page=3

Seems to be a bit of data available.

I know it isn't WW2, but very cool looking!

Ship wish list,

Littoral combat ship

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147253

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147253&page=3

Seems to be a bit of data available.

I know it isn't WW2, but very cool looking!

This was my first try.

I have a new 3D model, as soon as I can I create a new mod.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1524753/