Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Ok went back to Markindel's lua and slowly started updating it to match mine. Found it was something in this block:

V_opt = 208,-- Cruise speed (for AI)

V_take_off = 80, -- Take off speed in m/s (for AI) 288km/h

V_land = 75, -- Land speed in m/s (for AI)

V_max_sea_level = 140, -- Max speed at sea level in m/s (for AI)

V_max_h = 160, -- Max speed at max altitude in m/s (for AI)

Vy_max = 2.68, -- Max climb speed in m/s (for AI)

Mach_max = 0.53, -- Max speed in Mach (for AI)

H_max = 9720, -- m

being changed to

V_opt = 56,-- Cruise speed (for AI)

V_take_off = 39, -- Take off speed in m/s (for AI) 288km/h

V_land = 42, -- Land speed in m/s (for AI)

V_max_sea_level = 87.6, -- Max speed at sea level in m/s (for AI)

V_max_h = 90, -- Max speed at max altitude in m/s (for AI)

Vy_max = 5.1, -- Max climb speed in m/s (for AI)

Mach_max = 0.26, -- Max speed in Mach (for AI)

H_max = 5547, -- m

that seems to cause the issue for me. It's just gone 11:40 pm here and I'm completely stuffed after today and have to head off to bed. I basically plan to alter the above one by one until I find the cause. Possibly it is the very first line because for the B29 when I lowered this value it affected the bombing and suddenly it would only drop 1 bomb at a time.

ESA_maligno... WoWWWWWwww!!! Fantastic Screen!

Two new mods I have already prepared:

- New Fletcher-class model

- Enterprise CV6

9cvwiaWl.jpg

aFE3Eabl.jpg

Link for download CV6 Enterprise Carrier:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4yrlygi2ap6xb77/CV6_Enterprise.zip

DCS Pacific War.

The two great enemies of the past now fly together in peace.

jXHgQwLl.jpg

QhcQkMJl.jpg

lQ8s8JUl.jpg

lfasQbml.jpg

0KyAqHMl.jpg

P38D, free model from http://p3dm.ru/files/cat/10. For now it is only AI. WIP.

Edited by Markindel

Ok went back to Markindel's lua and slowly started updating it to match mine. Found it was something in this block:

V_opt = 208,-- Cruise speed (for AI)

V_take_off = 80, -- Take off speed in m/s (for AI) 288km/h

V_land = 75, -- Land speed in m/s (for AI)

V_max_sea_level = 140, -- Max speed at sea level in m/s (for AI)

V_max_h = 160, -- Max speed at max altitude in m/s (for AI)

Vy_max = 2.68, -- Max climb speed in m/s (for AI)

Mach_max = 0.53, -- Max speed in Mach (for AI)

H_max = 9720, -- m

being changed to

V_opt = 56,-- Cruise speed (for AI)

V_take_off = 39, -- Take off speed in m/s (for AI) 288km/h

V_land = 42, -- Land speed in m/s (for AI)

V_max_sea_level = 87.6, -- Max speed at sea level in m/s (for AI)

V_max_h = 90, -- Max speed at max altitude in m/s (for AI)

Vy_max = 5.1, -- Max climb speed in m/s (for AI)

Mach_max = 0.26, -- Max speed in Mach (for AI)

H_max = 5547, -- m

that seems to cause the issue for me. It's just gone 11:40 pm here and I'm completely stuffed after today and have to head off to bed. I basically plan to alter the above one by one until I find the cause. Possibly it is the very first line because for the B29 when I lowered this value it affected the bombing and suddenly it would only drop 1 bomb at a time.

Great! Thanks Stonehouse.

It's the speeds that cause it to happen. The second I changed the landing and take off speeds to the correct real life values the PBY didn't complete it's bomb run. The other speeds may also have an impact and I am still testing whether it is all speeds or just some speeds and what the lowest speed value is that is ok. Something in the FM engine must be set up for modern aircraft only and has a problem with speeds that are too low. The "turn and wander off in a random direction" action you are seeing is usually what happens when an aircraft is given an invalid waypoint action by the way.

Ok I believe this version works. Cause was the speeds and seemingly how they related and not any individual speed as far as I can tell. Which makes things pretty difficult without knowing the relationship or formula. The max speed at height is therefore too high for a PBY simply because it makes it work for bombing.

Things to do still:

-investigate gun positions: so that nose turret has two guns. Noticed in the weapons luas that a .303 is now there probably because of the Spitfire that is on it's way. Not sure if I can use it or not. Ditto for B29 as currently it has roughly half the real life number of guns.

-investigate the pylon type: Current pylon type is 1 for external but type 0 is more correct as that is underwing racks. Not sure if it will break bombing or not

-investigate firespos table and see if making co-ords in table match firepos in EDM will correct the error I noticed with the flame position being displaced from the aircraft when it had been shot and was heading down on fire. Ditto for B17.

-play around with the speeds a bit more to see if I can figure out how make the speeds all match real life numbers and still have bombing and guns work.

please give the attached a test and advise how it goes. As I said I will be away a couple of days so if there are issues I won't be able to look at it until Sunday my time.

PBY5Catalina.lua

Edited by Stonehouse

How in the hell did I miss this???!!!

Awesome stuff!

EDIT: Tried the B-17 and she works great! This is going to make our transition to DCS much much better! Thank you so much!

With that said-Heres hoping for a B-26!

Edited by x39crazy

Ok I believe this version works. Cause was the speeds and seemingly how they related and not any individual speed as far as I can tell. Which makes things pretty difficult without knowing the relationship or formula. The max speed at height is therefore too high for a PBY simply because it makes it work for bombing.

Things to do still:

-investigate gun positions: so that nose turret has two guns. Noticed in the weapons luas that a .303 is now there probably because of the Spitfire that is on it's way. Not sure if I can use it or not. Ditto for B29 as currently it has roughly half the real life number of guns.

-investigate the pylon type: Current pylon type is 1 for external but type 0 is more correct as that is underwing racks. Not sure if it will break bombing or not

-investigate firespos table and see if making co-ords in table match firepos in EDM will correct the error I noticed with the flame position being displaced from the aircraft when it had been shot and was heading down on fire. Ditto for B17.

-play around with the speeds a bit more to see if I can figure out how make the speeds all match real life numbers and still have bombing and guns work.

please give the attached a test and advise how it goes. As I said I will be away a couple of days so if there are issues I won't be able to look at it until Sunday my time.

Thanks StoneHouse. I will test the new .lua

How in the hell did I miss this???!!!

Awesome stuff!

EDIT: Tried the B-17 and she works great! This is going to make our transition to DCS much much better! Thank you so much!

With that said-Heres hoping for a B-26!

Thanks x39crazy.

In fact, the B26 Marauder is on the waiting list.

Hopefully soon the DCS releases the WWII version so you can get the mod done well because I remember that I am not a professional but only a modest amateur.

Hey Gents

I just want to say thanks so much for giving us all this excitement about the WWII era mods. I am really looking forward to watching all of the developments here in this thread. Is there a chance on getting an updated list of what planes/mods your working on and what the rollout order is...Thanks in advance for your replies!

Please keep up the great work your doing your making hundreds if not thousands on people very happy...Salute!

Hey Gents

I just want to say thanks so much for giving us all this excitement about the WWII era mods. I am really looking forward to watching all of the developments here in this thread. Is there a chance on getting an updated list of what planes/mods your working on and what the rollout order is...Thanks in advance for your replies!

Please keep up the great work your doing your making hundreds if not thousands on people very happy...Salute!

Hi uscstaylor.

Thank you for your compliments.

There is not a real rollout.

My mod you can find them in this forum, in the "User Files".

In the "Uploaded by" just write my nick "markindel".

I'm glad the interest that is having this post started by chance.

In reality we are all looking forward to the official version of the DCS WWII, my mods are just a amateur product.

Stonehouse using the advance waypoints I was able to bomb a building on the airport. I can bomb anything I point it too. It will leave flight path to correct itself to line up with what I want it to bomb. I also can use ground attack.

Edited by TwoLate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stonehouse using the advance waypoints I was able to bomb a building on the airport. I can bomb anything I point it too. It will leave flight path to correct itself to line up with what I want it to bomb. I also can use ground attack.

Hi TooLate,

you can make a naval attack?

oh boy ...... :)

i took all the stuff you did and made a quick mission with B-17, FW190, BF109 .... WHAT THE F***!

That's soooo cool!

awesome work people!

thanks a lot for your excellent work!

:)

only the Corsair is missing :D

Edited by Forza42

Guys, I'm desperate.

I can not get do the Collision Model of the P38D.

The P38D sinks into runway and explodes when driven.

It all works fine if the P38D is an AI.

Can someone help me?

Here are the data that I put in Collision model.

Name - Object Properties

---------------------------------

WHEEL_L: DAMAGE_ARGUMENT = 84;

TYPE = "collision_shell";

WHEEL_R: TYPE = "collision_shell";

DAMAGE_ARGUMENT = 85;

WHEEL_F: TYPE = "collision_shell";

DAMAGE_ARGUMENT = 83;

LEFT_WHEEL: TYPE = "collision_line";

RIGHT_WHEEL: TYPE = "collision_line";

FRONT_WHEEL: TYPE = "collision_line";

DUST_WHEEL_001

DUST_WHEEL_002

DUST_WHEEL_003

Bounding_Box: TYPE = "bounding_box";

Line_MAIN: TYPE = "collision_line";

JWl69qKl.jpg

26z4lXdl.jpg

Edit:

I made other changes to the collision but unfortunately are still far from being resolved.

Here is the P38 (piloted) just placed on the track

6t3pTWel.jpg

and this is what happens the next moment!

EaeWK7rl.jpg

Believe me, I'm going crazy. :badmood:

Edited by Markindel