Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

You might PM Skatezilla. I know he has done DCS aircraft modelling in the past and was willing to look at the B-29 a bit when it wouldn't drop bombs. Possibly also luckybob9. They may be able to give you some clues about what to check if you describe the issue to them or perhaps have had similar issues in the past and can suggest what steps you might try to fix the problem. I don't know anything about modelling but did notice in one of the aircraft you posted recently that it seemed that the box was quite big when you looked at it in the viewer and I happened to look at some of the DCS aircraft while trying to figure out the fire_pos table and their box only just encompasses the model with little or no extra space. I'm guessing you have already played around with that though. Does the user box have anything to do with that or is that something different?

PS Silver_dragon may also be willing to offer suggestions or ideas.

PPS that IJN carrier looks fantastic!

@Razor, thanks. It will be interesting to get your feedback about what happens when the only target is a mod ship. So far as you would have seen both myself and TwoLate have not been able to get the AI to do a ship strike on a mod ship.

Edited by Stonehouse

Thanks Razor and don't worry, I took two goes before I realised my F18 test AI pilot was hitting the wrong ship and ignoring his target :music_whistling:.

I guess it is confirmed then that there is an issue with mod introduced ships.

You probably have better contact with the author of the CVN George Bush mod than I do, would you let them know or arrange for the news to be passed back please so perhaps they might find a solution eventually?

I think they are also the authors for a couple of the other mod ships you mentioned as part of your CV group and Markindel sees this thread anyway. That probably covers 50% or more of the ship mod authors.

ESA_maligno... WoWWWWWwww!!! Fantastic Screen!

Two new mods I have already prepared:

- New Fletcher-class model

- Enterprise CV6

9cvwiaWl.jpg

aFE3Eabl.jpg

Link for download CV6 Enterprise Carrier:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4yrlygi2ap6xb77/CV6_Enterprise.zip

8<

This is so awesome!! drool.gif

Two questions:

1. I see the USS Enterprise in the list of ATC's, but what frequency does she use?

2. Why haven't you put her in the regular DCS Downloads section? I'm sure a lot of people are looking for something just like this :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I *think* these are final but see how you go with them. B-29 now carries 12 .50cals and a 20mm as per a factory fresh B29A and has two different bomb loads - 40 500lbs or 12 1000lbs - I can add more if the bomb sizes are available and it seems useful. B17G largely unchanged other than I adjusted the fire_pos to match what Markindel had put into the model. PBY also had fire_pos adjustments. Since the AI currently has no fire discipline at all I reduced the fuel loads on all three and increased the amount of ammo for the turret positions so the bombers all remain a threat to attacking fighters for a longer time. I hope they work for you but obviously let me know of issues. Again note the already mentioned problem regarding shipping strikes on mod ships not working.

Also to reiterate that the B29 is courtesy of DOL and the fact that he allowed me ages ago to offer up a modified version of his original lua does not take any of the credit for his work away from him. IE this plane is 100% his and he should be always given full credit for it as should Markindel for his aircraft and ships in any published mission.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

B17G.lua

PBY5Catalina.lua

I would look into toughening these a/c up quite a bit. I know the B-17 and B29 are quite fragile. Some recent tests had a single Bf109 taking down 7 B17's and damaging 2 others. For my campaign, I have toughened up the B17 to where a 109 MIGHT be able to take down 3 or 4 if hit in the right spots.

Take a look and test it and see what you think. I know some values are probably way off and need to be adjusted. Think I was working with an early copy, also, only a rough understanding of what relates to what. My goal was to allow the bomber to soak up more damage so a single fighter could not take down an entire formation.

B17G.lua

Yeah that is the value that is pure playtesting. It originally was like 18 (long time ago) as per a fighter when the B29 first was released by DOL.

You've upped the life value to 200 (I believe this is the only one that counts for how hard it is to shoot down an AI aircraft that is not fully modelled from a systems point of view) but really it's going to be a sort of gut feel for what is ok. Probably best to come up with some numbers via playtesting and then average them for an "official" number. Also probably should use the latest lua I posted up a little while ago (the one you uploaded was basically the quite early version of the B29 slightly tweaked) as in the latest lua the B17s shoot back now quite hard and that also helps them survive.

I would look into toughening these a/c up quite a bit. I know the B-17 and B29 are quite fragile. Some recent tests had a single Bf109 taking down 7 B17's and damaging 2 others. For my campaign, I have toughened up the B17 to where a 109 MIGHT be able to take down 3 or 4 if hit in the right spots.

Take a look and test it and see what you think. I know some values are probably way off and need to be adjusted. Think I was working with an early copy, also, only a rough understanding of what relates to what. My goal was to allow the bomber to soak up more damage so a single fighter could not take down an entire formation.

No limitation just needs the fighters to be given CAP and weapons free and have their flight path take them close enough to engage. Alternative you can order them to do so via a game master slot which is handy at times.

I just tried upping the latest version of the B17 to 200 as per Shahdoh, the B29 to 220 and the PBY to 170. Sent 2 B17s, 2 B29s and a single PBY in on bombing runs on coastal towns and had 6 FW190s intercept them with a pair of FW190s on each formation. The B29s killed one, mild damage of another for two bombers destroyed, B17s killed one junked two for one B17 lost (they ended up with 3 FW190s chasing them). PBY put a few hits on one and took a 30mm or 2 in the left engine and went down on fire. I guess you need to remember that B17s flying by themselves were easy prey and while PBYs were tough they had blind spots that got them killed fairly quickly as I understand it if the enemy pilots knew what they were doing. B29s lost so many in one daylight raid to Mig15s in Korea that no more daylight raids were flown for the rest of the war. So it will be really a life number that makes them able to be destroyed as per what you'd reasonably expect without making it too impossible. Also every time you run the same mission the results are slightly different due to the aircraft doing something a little bit different which results in different hit concentrations.

So as I said there is probably a need to come up with some sort of std test scenario, run it many times and note the results and try to adjust the life number up or done to get something reasonable. I will see what I can come up with anyway.

<edit> I guess also to point out the comments above are generalisations, B17s were definitely tough aircraft but I am pretty sure that there were Luftwaffe aces that knocked down 4 plus in a sortie while there were also B17s that took punishment for hour after hour and came home just as Spitfires and Hurricanes sometimes emptied their magazines in to He111s but didn't shoot them down. We need to find an average life number that gives good playability for both red and blue.

Edited by Stonehouse

Here's another oddity!

While waiting to fix the problem with the collision model I'm trying to add the wing weapons to P38.

Just look at what happens to me.

The bombs and the additional tanks appear correctly.

The rockets appear rather small and become life size only after they are launched.

Guys ... I'm going crazy!

cjCZLU0l.jpg

5WxiZD9l.jpg

BQ1zCfOl.jpg

BXYspmpl.jpg

yoBk5JSl.jpg

Aop4SpUl.jpg

Have you any suggestions?

I *think* these are final but see how you go with them. B-29 now carries 12 .50cals and a 20mm as per a factory fresh B29A and has two different bomb loads - 40 500lbs or 12 1000lbs - I can add more if the bomb sizes are available and it seems useful. B17G largely unchanged other than I adjusted the fire_pos to match what Markindel had put into the model. PBY also had fire_pos adjustments. Since the AI currently has no fire discipline at all I reduced the fuel loads on all three and increased the amount of ammo for the turret positions so the bombers all remain a threat to attacking fighters for a longer time. I hope they work for you but obviously let me know of issues. Again note the already mentioned problem regarding shipping strikes on mod ships not working.

Also to reiterate that the B29 is courtesy of DOL and the fact that he allowed me ages ago to offer up a modified version of his original lua does not take any of the credit for his work away from him. IE this plane is 100% his and he should be always given full credit for it as should Markindel for his aircraft and ships in any published mission.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Stonehouse,

Any chance of finding time to convert the B-29 mod into a new Tu-4 mod? I'm not a modder but I think it would be a minimal effort compared to all the others, change out the .50 cal for the 23 mm from the Mig-15 and of course a new skin. Engines were slightly more powerful as well but not sure if this is an easy fix or worth the trouble.

I would love to have this mod and a Tu-4 mod running in the Georgian Spring server. I will introduce the B-29 mod now that it has been revised this weekend.

Cheers

I am having trouble with the Zero bomb load, per the Zero lua file that was provided by Markindal. My load of two bombs shows up starting at the nose of the plane, and one about 15 feet in front of the nose in mid air.

Any suggestions

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Stonehouse, take a look at the Crit locations(I think thats what they are called) on my lua file for the B17, I also bumped those numbers up as well. If you can find a historical report of any single pilot downing 4 or more B17's by himself in a single sortie, would like to hear about it. Really doubt it is possible.

very nice work gents, but i have to ask, would it be possible to collect all download links in the first post?

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I am having trouble with the Zero bomb load, per the Zero lua file that was provided by Markindal. My load of two bombs shows up starting at the nose of the plane, and one about 15 feet in front of the nose in mid air.

Any suggestions

did you get the edm file of the zero ? it was into the same the post

Any suggestions

A6M2 Zero Version Fighther/Bomber

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t3bha335olh4ve/A6M_2_Zero.zip

Edited by Markindel

hello

i tried the JU-88, it seems it has no bombing loadout? (i d like to use it as AI)

(thanks again and again for the best mod ever fot DCS :P )

I am not sure 100% but I think we you go to the loadout screen it ask to save loadout try to save and see if that works. I cant remember for sure (Looking at too many mods) but also on the empty you can right click where bombs are and the popup menu shows and select the bomb.

Edited by TwoLate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]