Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

I am not sure 100% but I think we you go to the loadout screen it ask to save loadout try to save and see if that works. I cant remember for sure (Looking at too many mods) but also on the empty you can right click where bombs are and the popup menu shows and select the bomb.

exact, but i tried it before posting :) and there is nothing to load :p

Guys, the Ju 88 is a very old mod.

I should not have to publish it. was one of my first mod, it is full of bugs.

For me it was just a way to try to figure out how to make a plane in DCS.

Please, take it as it is.

For now I have many things to do but in the future I would like to do a German bomber and one Japanese.

I am not sure 100% but I think we you go to the loadout screen it ask to save loadout try to save and see if that works. I cant remember for sure (Looking at too many mods) but also on the empty you can right click where bombs are and the popup menu shows and select the bomb.

Guys, the Ju 88 is a very old mod.

I should not have to publish it. was one of my first mod, it is full of bugs.

For me it was just a way to try to figure out how to make a plane in DCS.

Please, take it as it is.

For now I have many things to do but in the future I would like to do a German bomber and one Japanese.

:thumbup:

Ok I had thought they were related to when to show damage special effects from the damage modelling and hadn't realised they could also be amounts of damage to cause failure of the item. Thing is to a large degree these AI aircraft will be on fire and pouring smoke but still fly and fight without penalty so if you make them too tough you'll have problems the other way. If it works the way you think then it does explain why the B29 goes down quicker than a B17 however with the current setup. Walter Schuck was the guy I was remembering by the way. There were others too but not B17s at least one guy got 6 bombers in a single mission although they were DB3s I think but still pretty amazing.

Anyway it doesn't matter really and it's all about getting a reasonable config so from a playability point of view it works out as generally believable. I'll start playing around with the numbers you suggest and see what happens.

Stonehouse, take a look at the Crit locations(I think thats what they are called) on my lua file for the B17, I also bumped those numbers up as well. If you can find a historical report of any single pilot downing 4 or more B17's by himself in a single sortie, would like to hear about it. Really doubt it is possible.

You probably have already thought of it but going through the P51s config might help. In the end you might have to compromise in what load-outs you allow in your initial release. There was a post the other day in this sub forum I think about adding 2.75inch rockets to a P51 and why it wouldn't work because the control systems were not modelled in the current P51.

Here's another oddity!

While waiting to fix the problem with the collision model I'm trying to add the wing weapons to P38.

Just look at what happens to me.

The bombs and the additional tanks appear correctly.

The rockets appear rather small and become life size only after they are launched.

Guys ... I'm going crazy!

Have you any suggestions?

Rockets Problem solved!

I do not know why. To solve the problem it was enough remove the connectors from the 3d model.

This is very strange.

In the 3d model of the P51D the connector are present and this is the reason why I had put the connectors in the P38D.

This is a mystery, but the important thing is that now work.

mmqxm5Tl.jpg

0Q4llCgl.jpg

Aw5y3rgl.jpg

Thanks great news buddy, checking for the download link every day now :)

Dont worry about the Ju, better to have it than nothing.

Can you describe the process to take models from that Russian site you linked to get them in game? Things like adding animations for propellor, flaps, is that what you spend the time on?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Rockets Problem solved!

I do not know why. To solve the problem it was enough remove the connectors from the 3d model.

This is very strange.

You have to use point helper (any size you want) instead of dummy. And DO NOT USE SCALE for setting it's dimensions.

Due the fact that connector scale is transmitted to the child object -> weapons model. That's all. :music_whistling:

And I can help with collision model as well.

a58e2c8de8cb.jpg

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

Thanks great news buddy, checking for the download link every day now :)

Dont worry about the Ju, better to have it than nothing.

Can you describe the process to take models from that Russian site you linked to get them in game? Things like adding animations for propellor, flaps, is that what you spend the time on?

Hi Pikey,

Here a lot of news.

They are not easy things and,for me and I speak very little English is really hard to explain.

However, it takes a long time to learn and above all takes patience.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116901

Is that somehow related to the gun positions too? I was previously under the impression that a gun point connector was required for each weapon - so eg a turret with 2 M2s would need two gun point connectors. This seems to be what is done in the P51, 109K and FW190D9.

However working on the B17 and PBY to help out Markindel it became quickly obvious that simply specifying the weapon in the guns table in the main lua would cause there to be weapon fire from the muzzle position co-ordinates regardless of a gun point being there or not.

Are you able to advise what the gun_point connector does for you?

Thanks,

Stonehouse

You have to use point helper (any size you want) instead of dummy. And DO NOT USE SCALE for setting it's dimensions.

Due the fact that connector scale is transmitted to the child object -> weapons model. That's all. :music_whistling:

And I can help with collision model as well.

Also to mention that as Shahdoh suggested I am working on the critical damage values side of things to make the b17, pby etc more robust. I had some discussions with Markindel via PM and have set up a test mission for checking damage in a standard fashion. It may take some time sorry.

Edited by Stonehouse

One question about the Zero.

Its possible for human players to launch bombs or only for AI?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I haven't looked at it because I have been looking at the bombers but with the present set up I think it may be just the AI. It may be possible to somehow to clone and hack the P51 config to do it but I have a feeling it may require a substantial amount of work equivalent to taking the full 3rd party aircraft mod route. At this point really don't know but if you think about it then it seems reasonable that you will need to code all the cockpit controls side so that when the human pilot arms the bombs and presses the button they will drop. For the AI that is all taken care off by core DCS logic I believe. At the least it would need a big chunk of an FC3 style amount of dev work is my gut feel. As it is we have only been populating the basic FM stuff in the lua's and the part with the real aerodynamics and performance values towards the bottom have not been addressed.

Thanks Stonehouse.

It could be cool to launch bombs. I thought connecting the bombs to the controls could be the same as cannons and guns but is enough with the AI.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

How did this section of the forum evade me, some of these mods are wonderfull. I'm not bothered about being flyable but to have A.I WW2 aircraft makes a massive difference.

Thanks for your work.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Here are the first test with the damage model of the P38D.

Sorry guys but I have not been able to do the collision model.

The plane is not governable and sinks into the runway.

So, The P38D will only AI.

Like AI the P38 works fine.

I had several friends who have tried to help me but unfortunately we did not succeed.

The problem is that in DCS there isn't a WWII plane with the wheel of the truck underneath the nose. Surely there are values in the lua files to edit that I do not know.

Wp9HoT8l.jpg

j3QQbSCl.jpg

возьми готовый AN-26-COLLISION.EDM переименуй его во что надо и не мучайся ))

Thanks Самсонов.

Unfortunately, with the AN26 solve collision model only the height problem by the runway.

The outer shape of the AN26 is very different from the P38D so I can not use this collision model will not work anymore damage model.

Also, and very important for me, is to understand where I'm wrong, where is the error in my collision model.