Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Looks great Eddie. Do the bort numbers work correctly? So one skin can represent a big group of aircraft without repetition?

PS If you are feeling keen and generous could you take the current B29 skin and redo it with Russian stars instead of US markings? A Tu-4 is slowly happening although a bit harder than expected as the correct gun is only in the Mig15.

Sorry boys, no bort numbers for the B17. The skin only has one side of the tail surface so you can only use either an A H V W X or M for any lettering on the tail surfaces, other letters just look back to front, which is what they are on the left side.

This way both sides look the same, but you can only put aircraft numbers on the same way, so its 1' 8' or 0's only. Its a compromise, either that or we remove all lettering and the skins just look boring then.

Also, the side lettering is difficult to do because the small side door on the starboard side is skinned from the opposite side, so any skin on the left side shows through on the right and you can only get it looking right by VERY careful selection of side letters and where you place them, every one of them took me ages to get right.

That's why I said it was not very historically accurate.

To be completely accurate somebody will have to reskin the whole model again, and I do not have the skills to do that.

Re the B29. I tried reskinning that but gave up, I do not have the kit to create the inv files required so any skin a create looks like its made of solid silver (hard on the eye !!) and the old inv file shines through making it look a mess. I did manage a sort of USAF Olive Drab skin, but its crap really.

Edited by crazyeddie

For Stonehouse re B29.

Think I have found the solution to my Olive Drab 'shine' problem, it was staring me in the face !!!

Will let you know if I can do a Russian skin without the crazy glare.

Eddie

And the answer is Yes I can, what scheme do you want ?

Edited by crazyeddie

Ha, there I was thinking "Why the hell does this warship thread get so many clicks lately, showing up on the main page? Have people started being more interested in ship mods than plane mods around here? I'll click and take a look what's this all about".

So I clicked.

There haven't been many threads turning as blatantly off-topic as this one... but being mostly warbird enthusiast, I very much like this off-topic I "discovered" here :D.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

A small number of Cs early in the war, but after it became obvious they weren't doing very well in daytime bombing missions, they ended up in Coastal Command service, later joined by some Es and Fs. Later in the war, some of these were used in bombing missions again, but this time at night, as specially modified EWR planes, to support Lancasters etc.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Sorry about that, the site is slow some days, they will appear soon. (Just looked, the B29's are up but not the B17's yet, soon I expect)

And today I did these, uploaded. The 462nd Bomb Group on Tinian in 1945, 1 aircraft from each of the Groups 4 Sqn's, 768, 769, 770 and 771.

Screen_160622_114113.jpg

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

My first flights with the Lightning

********** Mod for DCS World *******************************

*********** P38D *******************************

Hi Mario, this is great work (again)! Great fun to fly and not bad in combat.

It's nice to fly a WW II plane without propeller torque, so much better to handle! And the performance is not bad at all. The roll axis is a bit slow of course with large masses way off center. The gunfire seems more deadly than that of the P-51, seems that the concentration of all guns in the nose shows its effect. In combat it seems to rate similar to the P-51D. Flying the Lightning I could kill the FW-190D (AI) but had no chance against the Bf-109. Flying the Bf-109 I could kill the Lightning rather easily (what a nice big target!). Flying the FW-190 I found the P-38 a tough opponent, very hard to get behind. Finally I managed to put some pretty good bursts into it but it kept going for me like a furious beast. I paused the game and took a screenshot of the P-38. It looked like a sieve, both propellers were stopped and bent out of shape. It had taken about 110 hits, 52 of them 20mm!

So there is certainly an issue with the damage model.

Takeoff was a mission impossible as the P-38 veers strongly to the left as soon as it has some speed. Rudder input seems to have no effect.

Having said all this I must admit it's a great piece of work that reflects a lot of knowledge and certainly a lot of dedicated work, and a great addition to the game.

Bravo Mario!

P-38 Damaged 20160622.pdf

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thanks for your nice words, LeCuvier.

The merit is not only mine but of all the friends who have helped me to overcome difficult obstacles.

To name a few, I have to thank friends Slebedeff (in this forum - http://isva.clan.su/load/dcs_1_5_mods_aircrafts_ww_2/1-1-0-17), Patrick et Eric Cuesta (http://www.news3d.eu the forum) and the friend Stonehouse (in this forum).

Stonehouse is still trying to improve flight characteristics, I, today, I placed the armament and the right sequence of the rocket launch.

Soon we will release the final version.

As always, by pooling our knowledge, we can do something good.

A new surprises soon, we will not stop at the P38D.

For us, that we devote many hours to make modà, the best gift is to see published your screens.

And of course do not forget to thank the ED for this wonderful simulator. It gives us many hours of fun.

Sorry for my bad english, I use Google translator.

Mario.

• Like 1

Wonderful B-29 skins crazyeddie! It will be nice to have some less shiny ones now.

I'm having a bit of trouble with install method in the readme. Could someone elaborate on the install procedure for these B-29 skins, please? The readme says "Simply drop each file into the Liveries file in the B29 and it should show up." Well I don't have a liveries file in my B29, do you mean these go in the B-29.zip file in the texture folder of the mod?

Or do these go into the bazar\liveries folder like other skins? I don't have a folder in my bazar\liveries for the B29. Should I make one? What would be the folder name?

Or do these skins go into a different location? :dunno:

Edited by Winston 60
  • Like 1

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Just got to try the P-38, nice job but the FM is quite a bit off.

After adding some weight (+4t) and messing with some FM_Options I wonder if there are better ways to modify the flight behaviour / performence (without having acess to the scripted ED FM files)? Apart from weight nothing inside the P38D.lua seems to have any effect ingame.

Also, I struggle to get custom sounds working for each aircraft. They all use the standard P-51 sounds for me. Is there a way to change that?

Edited by 5tuka
  • Like 2

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]