DCS: F-86F Official EN Flight Manual

derelor

Any reason why I'm only seeing 153 pages in the manual? I've tried direct and dropbox downloads on 2 PCs, and it's always the same? What am I doing wrong, I'm missing 1/2 the important stuff and can't figure this thing out.

Look in your /DCSWorld OpenBeta/Mods/Aircraft/F-86/Doc/ folder, it is in there

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

OK, after taking a look at the link from page one, it seems that incomplete file has been uploaded to dropbox, as the saving attempt reports the filesize of 12.5 MB, while the manual from the game folder is 29.5.

It's rather intended though, as the filename itself clearly suggests document containing pages 1-153 only. I haven't browsed the thread to see if there are any later links for the second half of the manual.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...

The completed version hasn't been released yet. What we are seeing here is everything that has been completed, and we are getting it because someone is taking the time and trouble to provide it in advance of the final release so we all have something to use in the meantime.

Let's not reduce this thread, like many others to a witch hunt, or it'll just get closed, but please don't take that comment as a suggestion that this is why you asked the question. I understand where you're coming from. It is aimed at the usual mob who usually take up the pitchfork around about now and run with it.

I guess this thread doesn't get updated with next chapters, because now the complete manual is available in the game anyway. Might be a problem only for these guys, who don't own the module but would like to read this document though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 months later...

Is the manual installed with the F-86 the last version? There is a fair amount of highlighted text including a lot of "TODO" items. Is there an achieved manual now that this module is not in beta anymore?

Unfortunately I can't see any version number to the document, but it's the one installed with DCS v1.5.4.56500.155.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Some sections or links to the relevant sections seem to be missing, like pp. 134, 220, 233, 236

There are titles in Russian, like pp. 210, 328

Formatting weirdness, with pictures over text or scattered like pp. 194, 212, 297-319 (that part is particularly bad)

And tons of highlighted / TODO.

Anyone else has an unfinished manual? :(

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Everyone else does. The latest revision of the manual is always available in "Docs" folder and the one we have now is dated April 13th. Translating manuals to EN never was a strong point of BST - we're lucky to have any manual at all (though with real -E and -F version manuals being available on the net, the DCS one is needed only for operation of LABS system really).

So it really seems like this "out of beta" was a bit premature, manual unfinished and so many issues with the training missions...

OK, I just hope they address this soon.

Edited by Redglyph

• 1 month later...
We should get the F-86 progress back on track soon.

I will incorporate the manual updates on a regular basis.

What´s wrong with the training missions?

That's pretty good news!

For the manual, not much but in case it helps: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174463

Regarding the training missions, I had this, some of it probably due to external causes, like the AI. But I didn't update the thread since there was no reply ;) I noticed that on the bombing training mission, the explosions were not stopping, the building keeps exploding. I was wondering if that could explain the loss of sound in the F-86 but haven't tried to reproduce it.