Erratic head moevent during entering translational lift

kintaro

• ED Team
It's every 1-2 sec, clearly visible....normal? maybe you've been flying with this "shaking" the whole time & think it's supposed to be like that. But I can assure you it's not normal. Compare with other Mi-8 videos.

I've got the Erratic head movement in 2.0 as well.

It's been 3 months now since I reported this!

Belsimtek you customer service & support is totally non-existent :doh:

I hope you realize how bad this is for your business & the goodwill of your company.

I'm sorry for the wait. A lot of work.

This problem is not arise in our working versions.

Therefore, it problem should disappear goes without after update bit later

But the jumping only ever happens during the transitional lift cockpit shake doesn't it ?

(not implying they are the same thing, only that perhaps one is indirectly causing the other.

What are the video cards of the people seeing it if they replay that track, and of those not ?

Cheers.

But the jumping only ever happens during the transitional lift cockpit shake doesn't it ?

(not implying they are the same thing, only that perhaps one is indirectly causing the other.

What are the video cards of the people seeing it if they replay that track, and of those not ?

We can continue the discussion here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2798139#post2798139

since in that thread there are people with this problem.

I'll post my specs & QUOTE your post there, so others can chime in.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Yes, only transitional lift shake gets "augumented" this way. I experience it on NV GTX780, also I'm using TrackIR5 (not updated to 5.4 software, but that's not a problem with other modules, or Mi-8 up to that point).

Do not own Huey module, so cannot check how that one works.

I can try to record a track later, but it won't show anything new compared to a video posted in this thread previously.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'm sorry for the wait. A lot of work.

This problem is not arise in our working versions.

Therefore, it problem should disappear goes without after update bit later

Grate, thanx for answering.

Yes, most noticeable during transitional lift, but also when hard maneuvering & sometimes out of the blue.

My specs: i7-6700HQ 3.5GHz/ 8GB / GTX960M 2GB

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

While moving the FOV quickly ?

No, it's not FOV moving guickly related, as I've tested with & without TrackIR. I tested with any FOV movement disabled, just like in the video above, with the FOV completely still & it still happens.

Guys who are having problems with this unintentional tilt: what you have mapped for head movement on your joysticks?

The only thing I have mapped on my joystick (X52) related to head movement is "zoom" axis, on a rotary. Everything else regarding head movement on joystick is unmapped as I use TrackIR, see above.

Edited by CoBlue

• ED Translators
The only thing I have mapped on my joystick (X52) related to head movement is "zoom" axis, on a rotary. Everything else regarding head movement on joystick is unmapped as I use TrackIR, see above.

This is rather worrying thing, so in youtube video above we saw that movement was slight. But you said you experienced cases when it could go down to the floor? I need to try it aswell...

Edited by P61

AKA LazzySeal

This is rather worrying thing, so in youtube video above we saw that movement was slight. But you said you experienced cases when it could go down to the floor? I need to try it aswell...

Well the "screen/head erratic" is exactly like in the video, it never goes down to the floor.

Always during translational lift to a hover and vice versa, sometimes in other cases like hard maneuvering, "aerobatics", sling-loading.....but definitely related to translational lift.

Only Mi-8 is effected by this, all the other modules including Uh-1 are ok.

I can confirm Rodd. Movements mapped to TrackIR, I even tried to delete the assignements so no head movement at all was mapped – still this bug :(

please note: english isn’t my first language, I‘m still learning. Please feel free to contact me when you think something I wrote is not clear, simply wrong or just should be corrected – thx

• 3 weeks later...

Still having this bug after update yesterday. Is there any data I could provide to help to track down this issue?

please note: english isn’t my first language, I‘m still learning. Please feel free to contact me when you think something I wrote is not clear, simply wrong or just should be corrected – thx

• 3 weeks later...

I use TrackIR and can confirm that this is still happening in 1.5.4.

It's a very disjointed and un-natural head movement, almost like a really bad fps stutter.

If this is a *feature* I don't think it works :).

I have turned head movement due to G-Forces OFF but it still happens during translational lift as described by OP.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is still present after the update yesterday. I removed the module, deleted everything that belonged to the Mi and reinstalled the module without success. Don’t know what else I could do – maybe a complete reinstall of DCS? Would take some days and I‘m afraid it wouldn’t change anything.

This is clearly a Mi-8 problem, as it doesn‘t appear on any of the other helicopters. I‘s a bit disappointing that there isn‘t even a word from BST …

• 2 weeks later...

Still no improvement after latest update, seems to be even worse. Still no customer service, too. I guess I’ll have to wait for 2.5 :(

It's more of a general DCS problem, as I noticed this glitch in all three WWII birds, and I think in both Korean War ones as well, when they shake during engine run-up, or during any in-flight buffeting. So it must be some TrackIR vs cockpit shake physics problem.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...
It's more of a general DCS problem, as I noticed this glitch in all three WWII birds, and I think in both Korean War ones as well, when they shake during engine run-up, or during any in-flight buffeting. So it must be some TrackIR vs cockpit shake physics problem.

If you read previous page, we tested it without TrackIR & it's still present, also the video is without TrackIR, so we can rule out the TrackIR relation.

Belsimtek any news or solution to this problem???

If that's the case, we're having a core game headshake animation issues here, affecting all modules (at least all that I own). I think ED would be the guys to ask about solution then.

• 1 month later...