Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

One complaint I remember from Redfor last night, is that when Sukhumi switched, Blue were able to spawn F-15s right out of there, while Red were only able to get MiG-21 out??? Quite imba if Blue can spawn F-15s, while the closest bases Red could spawn Su-27s from was 200km away.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One complaint I remember from Redfor last night, is that when Sukhumi switched, Blue were able to spawn F-15s right out of there, while Red were only able to get MiG-21 out??? Quite imba if Blue can spawn F-15s, while the closest bases Red could spawn Su-27s from was 200km away.

Yes however thats the same when we lose beslain, vody we have to travel the same distance to take that back. And thats hard work and a strong hold for redfor.

This has to do with how the mission is layed out. Sukhumi is a blue airbase from the start, so red only gets support aircraft. Like coxy pointed out, its the other way around with beslan where we can spawn Su27, but blue only mig 21 ...

I loved our merge :)

Wish I had more time for blueflag this time ...

Having a rest tonight, I can spend hours in blueflag its addictive, Getting chased all the way back to vody on finals i had 100 pounds of fuel, I taxi to park and get hit with guns, Now at this point my plane was trashed,I managed to shut down and get back to spectators without losing a life lol

Seems like the pattern of attendance is different this time around a definite increase form 104th and VSAAF compared to rounds 4 and before.

We offered once before and the offer still stands if you want to bolster Red forces in round 6, we can go red if you need.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Seems like the pattern of attendance is different this time around a definite increase form 104th and VSAAF compared to rounds 4 and before.

We offered once before and the offer still stands if you want to bolster Red forces in round 6, we can go red if you need.

Yes there are differences day by day. Reds were more yesterday especially in the morning etc.

Of course teams will change from round to round. It will be really interesting to fly side by side in a round :thumbup:

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

The skill level and organisation is far higher on Blue side, at the moment Red can't even capture a simple FARP when outnumbering blue. Seems red has a much smaller talent pool avaliable than blue. The amount of times i'm hearing on comms how to play, iff, shoot, start engines etc. on red side whilst Blue have organised squads of 6+ on a regular basis with the majority knowing what to do and how to do it. It's frustrating to say the least.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Was watching the stream in bed for 20 mins or so, Stuge killing mi8s with Ka50 was giving me a headache :D

Red guys KILL the EWRs, stop making it so easy for them.

Heh Frostie yeah :)

My biggest frustration has been some bugs, worst of which was the fail of repair of Beslan yesterday. It's also frustrating when a good plan goes bad in five different ways because everyone screws up lol including myself, and when we lose the north (Nalchik, Mozdok, Beslan) completely in just 2-3 hours because it was left unguarded for that time.

But today's chopper defense battle made up for all of that :D Ka-50 is the war machine.. not even Frogfoots and Flankers are immune :) You have to wait til they turn in for their attack, lock them up with Shkval, then pop 2 x Vikhr + 30 mm in their face!

So i think Round 5 is over. GG Guys. There is many Stuff that has to be changed for BF6. Bf5 was for me like a Downgrade from the Last Blue Flag Missions. Today we tryed to capture a Farp,Blue spawned in seconds new choppers and defended it with the choppers from the ground -> They lost no lives when we killed them. We had no chance to capture it. A Bug destroyed some Minutes ago nearly all our Bases.Where are the Tanks and all this Stuff from the Last Campaign?

q7A6V0h.jpg

What is a man if he loses his homeland? We, the pilots, must fly and take the first and the strongest impact of the aggressor on ourselves so we could save at least one child in this country.

Major Zoran Radosavljevic *26.02.1965 +26.03.1999

Legenda si bio, legenda ostao...

The Allahu Akbar moment had me in stitches, even the Mrs. laughed.

Great defence guys.

:lol: Hilarious moments tonight :lol:

I gave Chuck Norris a phonecall to come and help, but he refused. He told me he was very busy repairing blue helis :lol: :D

rach.png.b41bcacf0ee6556d15257800effde284.png

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

:lol: Hilarious moments tonight :lol:

I gave Chuck Norris a phonecall to come and help, but he refused. He told me he was very busy repairing blue helis :lol: :D

[ATTACH]134902[/ATTACH]

:lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha! :thumbup: :D

Lord of Salt

I would really not like to (and who would) have me on Blue side. All my nemesis then have to change to REDFOR to keep the karma/balance flowing I say. - But then again, I am my own worst enemy up there :doh:

Of course teams will change from round to round. It will be really interesting to fly side by side in a round :thumbup:

Greg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Translators

Guys please stop unsport shittalks from both sides about whine, unfair, etc.. If you are trying to proof some point do research first and construct your conversation in a mature way. imho

Somebody said to me that BLUE FORCE had prime time, I think that is not correct as people from all around of the DCS community playing for both sides.

For a balance of players greg said that maybe there will be changes in next round.

I have few points, but I will not blatantly throw them here, unless I research them and discuss them with greg or xcom and listen their commentaries. BTW Greg/Xcom if you see me in TS please jump into channel for talk (it is about fuel system) ;)

AKA LazzySeal

I'm not one to complain about balance but I can definitely see Harmless' point. It was rare that red matched or outnumbered blues numbers.

It seemed the only time red was infront was when it was ~2am US time and even then red didn't have any more than 10 or so players to work with making progress quite slow.

Someone also mentioned during some play that blue could spawn F15's quite close to the center of the coast (where most of the fighting took place) whereas red was always having to fly a fair distance to get the su27's in a fight. I don't have the FC3 a/c and haven't personally looked into that so I dunno if that's ACTUALLY a thing but if it is i can see that giving red a headache.

Despite being bowled over by blue i have to say that this operation blue flag has been an absolute blast and i loved every minute of it :D (even the minutes where i realized i didn't load up on missiles after flying for an hour in a Ka50)